CP3 secret to beating the Lakers

ShadyWorldOrder
ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Chemistry
"The [Lakers] have definitely added some pieces, but the good thing about our team is that we are good enough and tight enough that we only have to worry about us," Paul told Yahoo! Sports at an event in Hollywood hosted by Hennessy to celebrate Paul being featured on the cover of GQ magazine. "The thing about us, we are like a family. When you are all in and competing and you genuinely care about your teammates, it means something. It does something for your team and the camaraderie."

So when there's a football game on, the team gets together, watches the game and feasts on barbecue chicken, salad, rice and corn, all prepared by Paul's chef, of course, because as Paul said "all the Clippers are conscious of what we eat."

"For the next nine or 10 months I will be with these guys more than I will be with my wife, so you have got to build that trust," Paul explained. "There are a lot of guys who are stars in this league who don't really talk to each other as much. With me and Blake [Griffin], we can tell each other anything and that goes for a lot of our team."

Barnes, who spent the last two years with the Lakers, had no criticism of his former employers but did admit that the sense of togetherness at the Clippers may be better.

"As soon as I signed I felt like there was something cool going on and that this was a close group," he explained. "We will see, but it seems to me that it could be the closest [team] I have played on. The guys hang out and you immediately feel welcome. L.A. is home, but the Clippers organization already feels like home, too, and I owe the players for that."

Sounds like their mentality is similar to the Kings of the early 00's that went at the Lakers for years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--chris-paul-is-convinced-he-has-the-secret-to-beating-the-lakers.html

Matt-Barnes-Caron-Butler-DeAndre-Jordan-Chris-Paul-Blake-Griffin.jpg

Considering they got smashed by a team (Spurs) who got trounced 4 straight by OKC I seriously doubt they will be giving the Lakers much to worry about

Comments

• Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that Kim K doo doo face ass behind them ??? That ? turn up everywhere
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if that team wants to do anything Blake Griffin has to expand his game , dunking and laying up not gonna get it done ...they got two guys in the post who do the same damn thing in Jordan & Griffin ...Dunk and lay up and stink at Free Throws

they need to learn how to play some damn defense to

• Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need a lil bit more than Chemistry to beat the Lakers Like DeAndre Jordan needs to avg more than 6 ppg or @ least avg double digit REB. And HEALTH should have been the #1 priority. CP3 cant stay healthy 2 save his life
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ekn8tt.gif

lol @ the 2nd round king CP3 having a "key" to beating anyone. he better fall in line and follow the lead of Chauncey, a real playoff leader.

if Billups is healthy, then Chris Paul will advance past the 2nd round for the 1st time in his career.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    Is that Kim K doo doo face ass behind them ??? That ? turn up everywhere

Shes where the baller's @ ....life after yeezy...lol.
    As for cp3.... He and blake are still a few yrs from beating lakers...sure clips will kick lakers ass in regular seasons...cheap seat ? will talk ? how clips better etc etc.....but clips wont STILL get out secocd round
  • ATTS
    clippers dont have a legit center though.....thats their downfall......
    and CP3...i worry about injuries with him....we will see....that center spot lacking for clips.....healthy howard will dominate them
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    People already crowing the lakers who haven't played one game together

Lakers need chemistry not the clippers.Clippers can match up wit anybody in the west

They added Odom,Grant Hill,billups will be bacc,J crossover,barnes they got cats who can defend durant

Their incompetent head coach could be the only problem.I wish they hired Jerry Sloan

#Clipset
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    griffin and especially jordan need to expand their games. smh @ jordan scoring 4 points outside the paint in four years.
  • ATTS
    edited September 2012
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    griffin and especially jordan need to expand their games. smh @ jordan scoring 4 points outside the paint in four years.

THE BOLDED......and their other center is ryan hollins....
    also i fear for a caron butler....or cp3 injury....esp butler.....howard will destroy their centers
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    People already crowing the lakers who haven't played one game together

Lakers need chemistry
    not the clippers.Clippers can match up wit anybody in the west

They added Odom,Grant Hill,billups will be bacc,J crossover,barnes they got cats who can defend durant

Their incompetent head coach could be the only problem.I wish they hired Jerry Sloan

#Clipset

@ bolded, hmmmm why does that sound familiar? Did we not learn?....

LeBronTrophy.gif
  • it's me bi***es
    it's me bi***es Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    CHEMISTRY WILL ONLY GET U SO FAR UNTIL U START LOSING! ONCE THEY START GETTING BEAT BY THE REAL L.A TEAM AND REALIZE THAT THEY ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE "THE LIL BROTHER", ALL THIS "CAMARADARIE" GOES OUT THE WINDOW CUZ THEN U START SEEING WHO UR TEAMMATES REALLY ARE.... TBH I THINK THEY ARE A BUNCH OF EMOTIONAL ? ON THAT TEAM. THEY CAN ALL GO CRY TO THERE WIFES ONCE THEY GET SPANKED BY THE LAKE SHOW!
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can Chris Paul stay healthy?
  • ATTS
    Can Chris Paul stay healthy?

nope////
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Chris paul played in 60 of 66 games this past season.80 of 82 games the year before

The year before that he tore his meniscus.5 of 7 seasons in his career he played 78+ games
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Chris paul played in 60 of 66 games this past season.80 of 82 games the year before

The year before that he tore his meniscus.5 of 7 seasons in his career he played 78+ games

With him, it's the nagging injuries he somehow manages to accumulate. His knee will forever nag him, he had that minor groin issue in the playoffs, and now the thumb.

Back to an 82 game, normal schedule. I think he will be fine.

The question for the Clippers is how much better did Blake and Jordan get? And.. If the bench still has some of it's legs. A lot of them guys are 33-34+, and know how to play. But will they be effective? We'll see
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    jayhi22 wrote: »

With him, it's the nagging injuries he somehow manages to accumulate. His knee will forever nag him, he had that minor groin issue in the playoffs, and now the thumb.

The question for the Clippers is how much better did Blake and Jordan get? And.. If the bench still has some of it's legs. A lot of them guys are 33-34+, and know how to play. But will they be effective? We'll see

Word the same can apply to the lakers,difference is 4 of their Starters are 32-39 years old

I think Paul gonna have a year like 08 when he was the mvp of the west before the hornets jagged those games down the stretch,kinda like the thunder did this year

• woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Lol@ chemistry

You have steve nash who can play with ANYBODY and make ANYBODY better

You have Gasol thats has an inside or outside game, so he's flexible and unselfish.. And he will play his best / most consistent ball ever with Nash being there

Dwight is so happy to be in LA and not have to orlando ? over his head, he's just happy to be there... That man is humbled and aint gonna make a WIMPER ? he know everyone will be on his ass... He gonna score off dunks / offensive rebounds / alley oops / the occasional post up

Kobe is the most selfish player in basketball... But thats why he has 5 rings... Kobe, as big as his ego is, is FINALLY at a point where he knows he's not the best player in the league... He knows he already has Jordan's respect (all he really cares about)... He know's he's won titles on his own... He has nothing else to prove... He will FINALLY fall back some, and play within the system and let Nash be the primary ball handler.. He knows Lebron had to team up with a super team to win ONE title.. He won 5 without 3 all stars. His legacy is cemented and now he just wants 1 or 2 rings to cap it off.

Even the most selfish man in the world has enough sense to know he has to fallback to make that happen.

Lebron / wade both have the same game, that's why that didn't mesh, period. Yall can hope that things were different, but its not.

The only way the lakers don't win a title next year is if somebody get's hurt... I even think they can win a title as long as Nash / Kobe stay healthy... Hell Kobe could get hurt and I think they'd still make the finals.

Have to admit it, Nash is the most important player on this team... For his passing ability and ability to get pau to play his best on a consistent basis...

Pau / Dwight / Nash can get to the finals without Kobe if you ask me.

So could Kobe / Dwight / Nash

So could Kobe / Pau / Nash (again, this is ONLY with the thought that Pau will play the best basketball he's EVER played since nash is there.. mentally... which I believe he will)
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    woah316 wrote: »
    Lol@ chemistry

You have steve nash who can play with ANYBODY and make ANYBODY better

You have Gasol thats has an inside or outside game, so he's flexible and unselfish.. And he will play his best / most consistent ball ever with Nash being there

Dwight is so happy to be in LA and not have to orlando ? over his head, he's just happy to be there... That man is humbled and aint gonna make a WIMPER ? he know everyone will be on his ass... He gonna score off dunks / offensive rebounds / alley oops / the occasional post up

Kobe is the most selfish player in basketball... But thats why he has 5 rings... Kobe, as big as his ego is, is FINALLY at a point where he knows he's not the best player in the league... He knows he already has Jordan's respect (all he really cares about)... He know's he's won titles on his own... He has nothing else to prove... He will FINALLY fall back some, and play within the system and let Nash be the primary ball handler.. He knows Lebron had to team up with a super team to win ONE title.. He won 5 without 3 all stars. His legacy is cemented and now he just wants 1 or 2 rings to cap it off.

Even the most selfish man in the world has enough sense to know he has to fallback to make that happen.

Lebron / wade both have the same game, that's why that didn't mesh, period. Yall can hope that things were different, but its not.

The only way the lakers don't win a title next year is if somebody get's hurt... I even think they can win a title as long as Nash / Kobe stay healthy... Hell Kobe could get hurt and I think they'd still make the finals.Have to admit it, Nash is the most important player on this team... For his passing ability and ability to get pau to play his best on a consistent basis...

Pau / Dwight / Nash can get to the finals without Kobe if you ask me.

So could Kobe / Dwight / Nash

So could Kobe / Pau / Nash (again, this is ONLY with the thought that Pau will play the best basketball he's EVER played since nash is there.. mentally... which I believe he will)

I agree with everything said but there is another possibility to the bolded. Mike Brown. I hope his weird coaching tactics dont ? nothng up. He could be the weak link.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    Got damn this ? types the longest posts I ever seen in my life
    emlsx.gif
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bilfiger I wasnt agreeing w/ you Lol

I'm saying people talked all that 'it takes chemistry' stuff w/ Miami, meanwhile they went to the Finals 1 year and won it the 2nd. Contrary to popular belief, thats NOT a long time (let the media tell it it took forever)

I'll take a supremely talented team over a team who bowls together anyday.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude is sounding like he trying to convince himself....

all that together ? means nothing after jump ball, word to michael "idontgiveafuckaboutuafterthegame" jordan.....

winners are winners holmes, ? I need to be wit a ? 24/7 during the whole season for.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    s2jepeka wrote: »

I'm saying people talked all that 'it takes chemistry' stuff w/ Miami, meanwhile they went to the Finals 1 year and won it the 2nd. Contrary to popular belief, thats NOT a long time (let the media tell it it took forever)

It's a difference The east had old ass boston,my one dimensional bulls and nobody else to stop the miami jugganaut

The heat had multiple 3-4 losing streaks and mad chemistry issues in year 1 they made the finals cuz their talent was better than anybody else in the conferance

The west has a thunder team who's core have been together 3 years now and has went further each year,the spurs,the clip set etc

Plus the lakers dont have lebron.Theres nobody on that team that can change the game like lebron james
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a difference The east had old ass boston,my one dimensional bulls and nobody else to stop the miami jugganaut

The heat had multiple 3-4 losing streaks and mad chemistry issues in year 1 they made the finals cuz their talent was better than anybody else in the conferance

The west has a thunder team who's core have been together 3 years now and has went further each year,the spurs,the clip set etc

Plus the lakers dont have lebron.Theres nobody on that team that can change the game like lebron james

No to the extent of a Lebron James but Dwight can change the game from a defensive standpoint .... Bynum had to be one of the laziest defensive Centers i've seen , i dont know how many times i would see a Guard just come in the lane and do a lay up or a floater

• jayhi22
    jayhi22 wrote: »

Word the same can apply to the lakers,difference is 4 of their Starters are 32-39 years old

I think Paul gonna have a year like 08 when he was the mvp of the west before the hornets jagged those games down the stretch,kinda like the thunder did this year

Yup. Only thing is Billups (Achilles, never know how that could effect him), Odom (Dont know what the ? was wrong last year lol) have some serious issues from last year.

This is the most talent CP3 has had. To me, he was the MVP of the League during the beginning stretch of last season. I wouldn't be surprised if he was Top 2 in MVP votes this year.
  • jayhi22

Chemistry is important. You can't downplay it just because Miami won the title in their 2nd year.

LA ain't built to win their 2nd year, it's built to win NOW, since Dwight is still gonna test FA and Kobe/Nash/Pau all getting closer to retirement.

You can't expect them to just put on the same uniform and all of sudden click.

Do I think they can? Yeah. But LA will have it's stretches, just like everybody else where they don't look too good because they haven't played together.

Miami in it's 1st year together was easily the most talented team in the East.

LA has to go through OKC, LAC, Memphis, & SA -- All will give them tough matchups if they meet in the Playoffs.

And, all of them are more talented (Not saying better), than the 76ers, Celtics, and Bulls during their 1st run.