Topps
Topps Members Posts: 447
edited September 2012 in IllGaming

Comments

• your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    "Having continued to look at the game over the past few days, it's clear that we won't be ready in October"

Damn 2K demo came out and made them just shut it down lol
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO, here we go again. #3 years and these clowns still aren't ready? They might as well cancel the series altogether. How the ? are you not ready in three years on a game that's supposed to come out annually?
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    Options
    What have they been doing all this time??? I don't like this trend of only having one sports game per sport to choose from. 2K is good and all but has it's flaws too. I still wish NFL 2K, Gameday, NCAA 2K, MVP Baseball, Sony's NBA game (although it sucked post PS1), and both college basketball games were still around for us to pick from.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What have they been doing all this time??? I don't like this trend of only having one sports game per sport to choose from. 2K is good and all but has it's flaws too. I still wish NFL 2K, Gameday, NCAA 2K, MVP Baseball, Sony's NBA game (although it sucked post PS1), and both college basketball games were still around for us to pick from.

thats some real ? , they tryna monopolize the sports industry n ? and I don't like it.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree Indy and where are all the wacky aecade sports games?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? need to just give up. ? aint put out live in years and still aint got that ? right. I wanted to see 2k have some competition so they won't be slacking but Live ain't it. That ? is dead.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    live 04 was my ? ....
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    welp, i guess those 2k patches gonna take awhile
  • your flyness
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I definitely agree the genre needs more competition (see Madden) but whats different with 2K they lock the market down with quality, not a monopoly or exclusive rights. Its no reason why EA cant go back to Live 10 (the best since '05) and build off of that. But its the Management over there ? up.

A couple of Live '04-'10 devs even posted on the EA blog post about how the suits were responsible

Its so bad on the EA blog the when people kept asking them well just update Live '10 with new rosters, that they blocked the word "update" lol
  • your flyness
    Options
    Lol!! Somebody posted this on their blog

"EA DEVS OF NBA LIVE 13.. I swear to ? yall better send somebody to take my life in the next hour. I bulls... u not some of yall not goin live to see LIVE 14. MARK my words.Trying to GET OVER.$$$$$$$"
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    better luck next yr
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They might as well just put waaaayyyyy more focus on the madden series. Cause you know there is something wrong when the fifa & NHL series are selling way more copies than madden in north america!!!
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EA should just give up and stick to Madden, Fiba & Hockey
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    Options
    They should just keep patching Live 10 (which was a good game) with updated rosters and the BK Nets stuff. It would still be better than what Live 13 would have likely been. I'd even pay a reasonable fee for it.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they were smart they'd put out another NBA Street or a sequel to homecourt. basketball sims just aint where its at for EA
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember about 7 years ago I used to tell my boys 2K was better and would ? on live
    They laughed
    7 years later
    I laugh
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd beat a ? ass in Live '04 and '05 right now.............
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fuuuuuccck!!!!!!
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EA takes another L
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *pours out a lil liquor*
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will admit that the sports gaming industry is lacking variety in the selection of games you get to choose from. EA has the stranglehold on football gaming license, 2k has a stranglehold on the NBA gaming license basicially b/c Live has been canceled 3 yrs straight.

Personally I will be glad when 2k can start back making NFL games b/c I ain't bought Madden since ps1 and every yr I download the demos it's the same ? every year. EA on the other hand just can't get right w/the Live franchise but every year each installment looks like or plays like ? .

• willhustle
    Options
    I definitely agree the genre needs more competition (see Madden) but whats different with 2K they lock the market down with quality, not a monopoly or exclusive rights. Its no reason why EA cant go back to Live 10 (the best since '05) and build off of that. But its the Management over there ? up.

A couple of Live '04-'10 devs even posted on the EA blog post about how the suits were responsible

Its so bad on the EA blog the when people kept asking them well just update Live '10 with new rosters, that they blocked the word "update" lol

Live 2004 was the best installment I ever played in the entire series.
  • willhustle
    Options
    blame the nfl for only wanting one company to make a game...

Yeah not a very bright move by the NFL at the time to sign an exclusive contract they could had made much more money by having EA & 2K both come out w/2 different NFL franchise games. But the sports gaming industry is getting ridiculous with this monopolizing franchises though.