be for real... are you gassed off them badges?

Options

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SOWETO wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »
    speaking of peta, i love how they are against animal testing, but one of their top people is a diabetic who, you guessed it, uses insulin which is derived from animals and is made possible by animal testing. her whole life is prolonged by something she is staunchly against. if what she wanted happened (no animal testing), she'd be dead

to anyone that's anti-animal testing, don't take any medication/shots ever cuz animal testing is what made it possible.

Animal testing makes my heart sad :-(

lol, well then, thanks to animal testing, there's medication to make your heart happy again
    speaking of peta, i love how they are against animal testing, but one of their top people is a diabetic who, you guessed it, uses insulin which is derived from animals and is made possible by animal testing. her whole life is prolonged by something she is staunchly against. if what she wanted happened (no animal testing), she'd be dead

to anyone that's anti-animal testing, don't take any medication/shots ever cuz animal testing is what made it possible.

Animal based insulin hasn't been available in the US for years. She's likely on Humulin or Humalog, neither of which are animal sourced (my wife is a type-1 diabetic)

true, but that doesn't change the fact that insulin was developed thru testing on dogs. and there are other places in the world that still use animal-based insulin (i know india does)

and in India you could get your ass beaten for eating a steak and there's places in the world where dog is on the menu, so what's the point here?
    this animal testing is tearing us apart.
    It's a necessary evil :-(
    so scientists are too good to die for science now?
    I don't see you volunteering for testing now are you?

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

lol, well then, thanks to animal testing, there's medication to make your heart happy again

Animal based insulin hasn't been available in the US for years. She's likely on Humulin or Humalog, neither of which are animal sourced (my wife is a type-1 diabetic)

true, but that doesn't change the fact that insulin was developed thru testing on dogs. and there are other places in the world that still use animal-based insulin (i know india does)

and in India you could get your ass beaten for eating a steak and there's places in the world where dog is on the menu, so what's the point here?

? is your point?

point is that while you bemoan testing on dogs, somewhere else in the world someone pretty much hates you for the Big Mac you had the other day, and someone else probably wonders why that dog isn't simmering in a ? with garlic and onions.
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

of course not. but NOTHING we have already works?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    They need to fix the badges so you get something when you hit 1000, etc. how are you not gonna give something for 1 stack?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm only missing survived ill bot badge
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options

Yea I see what you're saying. I love animals but I can't deny that animal testing has and will continue to save lives especially since theres some new disease coming out every other day.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Badges? Damn forgot those existed.
    lyin' ass ni99a, no you didnt.

Only time I really go into my profile is to change my avi of sig.
  • konceptjones
    Options

Yea I see what you're saying. I love animals but I can't deny that animal testing has and will continue to save lives especially since theres some new disease coming out every other day.

I hunt small, cute animals, deer, and other critters for fun.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And.....?
    He's coming on to you.nh
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I'm only missing survived ill bot badge
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ScarletCity.
    ScarletCity. Members Posts: 32
    Options
    A ? had an account for years and don't have any anniversary badges, lol.
  • konceptjones
    edited September 2012
    Options
    [img]http://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/543404_361965057222104_280807086_n.jpg[/img]

I think see some photoshop action goin on in the pic on the right.

<edit> yeah, I just pulled it into GIMP and it's definitely 'shopped.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ali-phx
    ali-phx Members Posts: 49
    Options
    Feel like I'm playing a video game! And I'm winning that ?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shorty look like she fresh outta anime....
    like she bout to break out some super powers n ? ....
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Whoever did it, had a lil skill, but if you zoom in on that pic (400%) and look at her waist, you can see it. Whoever did it took the time to straighten out the tiles in the background, but they left some tell-tale artifacts behind. Plus, it looks like when they "fixed" her stomach in the right pic, they used a blur/smudge tool to erase and smooth the area around the door, but did a ? job 'cause you can see how unnatural it looks even without the zoom.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    looks cool....but ? all that
  • [Deleted User]
    Options