James Harden Dilemma

Comments

• tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gotta trade the man....send him to a team for high draft picks and get cheap talent
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I would trade him... Trade him for a true PG.. And move Westbrook to the 2...
    bruh you one of the ? who know ball....you should know better than this

moving westbrook takes away his size/speed advantage and exposes him on D
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaBull wrote: »
    You have to score the basketball every other contending team has some production coming off the bench . Your going have to pay someone regardless. Its only a few players that do what james harden does and they all make big money or are going to make big money .

yeah but there is no 6th man EVER in the history of the league that was signed to a MAX contract, thats a tad overboard which is y OKC is hesitant to pull da trigger. i personally think OJ mayo could do what harden does for OKC and he is like a 4 million per year player

jason terry was makin 9 million with Dallas

Odom was makin 8 million for the lakers

^^ last two 6th men on title teams out west.

He's a six man by choice , if he goes to another team he wouldn't be the sixth man , like if the suns pay him do you think they would have him as a sixth man . ODOM/Jason Terry/OJ Mayo that role was thrusted upon them where Harden chose to come off the bench . Its kinda like Joe Johnson he got paid big , ? Eric Gordon got a max deal and hasn't really done anything his whole career . Demand determines the Value of a player not skill in the NBA
    Eric Gordon when healthy> James Harden IMO he's a betta scorer nd a solid defender for his size
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    You have to score the basketball every other contending team has some production coming off the bench . Your going have to pay someone regardless. Its only a few players that do what james harden does and they all make big money or are going to make big money .

yeah but there is no 6th man EVER in the history of the league that was signed to a MAX contract, thats a tad overboard which is y OKC is hesitant to pull da trigger. i personally think OJ mayo could do what harden does for OKC and he is like a 4 million per year player

He's a six man by choice , if he goes to another team he wouldn't be the sixth man , like if the suns pay him do you think they would have him as a sixth man . ODOM/Jason Terry/OJ Mayo that role was thrusted upon them where Harden chose to come off the bench . Its kinda like Joe Johnson he got paid big , ? Eric Gordon got a max deal and hasn't really done anything his whole career . Demand determines the Value of a player not skill in the NBA
    Eric Gordon when healthy> James Harden IMO he's a betta scorer nd a solid defender for his size

Naw bro Harden legit Eric Gordon is very good but right now Harden >> Gordon....After Harden took the Spurs soul I was sold
  • BlackAX410

Naw bro Harden legit Eric Gordon is very good but right now Harden >> Gordon....After Harden took the Spurs soul I was sold
    if Gordon can stay healthy I think he can be a good number 1 guy da Hornets played a hell of a lot betta wit him in da lineup
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harden is trash. If you don't show up in the Finals, get the ? off my team.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Hornets did start winning games when he came back hopefully he can stay healthy great scorer
  • R.D.

FOH

yall ? gotta let this Eric Gordon ? go
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healthy Eric Gordon>>>>>>>James Harden
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012

james harden is a scorer and playmaker and he actually has play off experience . Eric Gordon is 20 pt scorer on bad teams neither one is worth a max deal
  • BlackAX410

james harden is a scorer and playmaker and he actually has play off experience . Eric Gordon is 20 pt scorer on bad teams neither one is worth a max deal

i can co-sign da bolded but them small market teams always reach for a star in todays NBA
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ 'let that Eric Gordon ? go' Preach!

If i wanted to be lazy i could just say Harden can do everything Gordon can do PLUS he's bigger and a waaay better passer.

Also---well ? , I just said it. He can do everything Gordon does, equally, PLUS HE'S BIGGER AND A WAAAAY BETTER PASSER

17ppg w/ 2 top 10 players and scorers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>20ppg on bad teams

foh...
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eric Gordon is usually the best player on his team and is the main focus of opposing defenses. James Harden doesn't worry about receiving that much attention playing with Durant and Westbrook
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep ur team together and win ... ? aint complicated pay dude and have a nucleus for a min
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    OKC will not beat the Lakers without Harden, if anything they need to redo Perkins contract or amnesty him.

Even though OKC needs the size for LA. I think they can find a big man out there for cheaper than Perkins
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just keep the team they have.... They had a great draft. Maynor will be back from injury if they need a true point.... OKC is good Grow together and eventually win... dont be trading folk and letting guys go after u just went to the finals
  • BlackAX410
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Lol @ 'let that Eric Gordon ? go' Preach!

If i wanted to be lazy i could just say Harden can do everything Gordon can do PLUS he's bigger and a waaay better passer.

Also---well ? , I just said it. He can do everything Gordon does, equally, PLUS HE'S BIGGER AND A WAAAAY BETTER PASSER

17ppg w/ 2 top 10 players and scorers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>20ppg on bad teams

foh...

so if roles were reversed u think Gordon couldnt averaged 17ppg as a 3rd option? nd u think Harden can lead his team to da playoffs as da number 1 option? Gordon's problem is he's been hurt his whole career but when he plays his teams play above .500 ball u treatin him like he's a 1 dimensional chucker
  • ali-phx
    ali-phx Members Posts: 49
    Eric Gordon is injury prone...... I'm not sure he played a whole season yet?
  • BlackAX410
    ali-phx wrote: »
    most he played was 78 games in his rookie year when he averaged 16.1ppg
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    most he played was 78 games in his rookie year when he averaged 16.1ppg

James harden has played more games in 3 seasons than Eric Gordon in 4
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    PUSHER wrote: »
    Dudes good for what he is, a 6th man. Spark off the bench. He's about to get that franchise money, smh and it better not be the Bulls that give it to him.

? I know Pistons fans still mad at Ben Gordon and the Bulls for hyping that ? up lol
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    they usually dont, but again, lets not act like OKC dont sell out games, dont sell jerseys, or get concessions or other ways of bringing revenue to the team. OKC has the benefit of being in a city that really doesnt compete with any other major sport. The Hornets will always compete with the Saints even though they are owned by the same guy (now). There are some people who do both, but from my experience, you are either or...

This conversation is about Harden. Im not saying OKC will do it for every player on their current roster, but if they believe this is the core they can build around then you have to at least imagine they will pay the tax. Their lottery days in the draft are over at least for the forseeable future, so they wont be getting top tier talent in the top of the draft and having them play on rookie contracts like they were able to do with their young core.

Exactly. All they gotta do is raise ticket, parking, and concession prices a buck or two. The fans are crazy about their team. They aint tripping.
  • R.D.
    James Harden can do everything Eric Gordon can do

Eric Gordon can not do everything Harden can

End of argument
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gordon is nice but him and Harden are different kinds of players, not to mention Gordon has been having injury problems like crazy to be so young. What you have to love about Harden's game is the fact that he does what he does while being an average athlete at best. He is really solid at setting others up as well as getting his own shot. Gordon relies more on his strength and really good athletic ability to create his offense. With all of his injuries you have to wonder will it effect his game negatively. Gordon is better at getting his own shot than Harden and he has shown to be a better shooter while having the burden of taking more shots while actually being the focal point of an offense. Something Harden hasn't really had to deal with yet.

Both guys are good young players but it depends on what you are looking for from a player at that position
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    James Harden can do everything Eric Gordon can do

Eric Gordon can not do everything Harden can

End of argument

I've seen a lot of people say this but we truly don't know if Harden can put up the numbers Gordon did as efficiently while being the number 1 option on offense. What everybody is stating when they say he can is pure speculation. Harden's best shooting year was last season and he was the 3rd scoring option on a team with two very dangerous scorers last season. We don't know if what Harden did last season was truly what he is capable of or just one good season.

We all know for sure that Gordon can be the number 1 option and still be some what efficient because his numbers tell us that. If he and Harden were to trade places what makes any of us think that he couldn't put up similar numbers without being just as if not more efficient while playing better defense?