Sequeltology: Batle for the best movie sequel

Options
white715
white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Grantland had this tournament about a month ago but just found out about it I'll post the results in spoilers. What do you guys think? Movies that are ranked too high or too low, movies that should have and shouldn't have made it and which one you think is the best

grantland_sequeldraft4_1152.jpg

Comments

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its A Well Known Fact That Godfather Is The GOAT Sequel...Its Surpasses The Original IMHO....No Need For Brackets
    /Thread
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Its A Well Known Fact That Godfather Is The GOAT Sequel...Its Surpasses The Original IMHO....No Need For Brackets
    /Thread

I like Godfather II but I always thought it was overrated
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    /Thread

I like Godfather II but I always thought it was overrated

By Today's Standards Maybe...But At The Time This Was Some Groundbreaking Storytelling/The Ensemble Cast/Cinematography etc etc...Everything About This Movie Screamed Authenticity ...Its Easy To Hate On The Pioneers When Theyre Style Has Bitten Time And Time Again TO The Point Where People Say "Its Been Done Before" But In Reality It Was The First One To Do It
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't agree with Ocean's 13, Bad Boys II or ? being up there, but it's pretty solid. Don't remember Return of the King being that good either. For me it's between Empire and Aliens with MI:GP and Toy Story 3 rounding out the final four. Wouldve liked to see a Harry Potter movie, Good Bad and The Ugly and one of the Infernal Affairs movies.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imo t2 and godfather p2 are the goats
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    /Thread

This.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I dont like how they included multiple movies from the same series. Why the ? would you put 3 rocky movies and exclude all the bourne movies?