Lakers Vs Heat: Size Vs Small Ball and breaking down the Match Ups

woah316
woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
I was just thinking bout this ? ... And as a Lakers fan, I'm not liking some things I see... But I think the Heat have some problems too... Lets look at their best line ups, flat out:

Heat's Best Lineup:
Lebron (PG) - Guarding Pau (can lebron handle Pau if Pau is Playing his best?)
Wade - guarding Kobe
Ray - guarding Nash (Can Ray keep up with Nash?)
Battier - guarding Artest
Bosh - Guarding Howard (Bosh gained 6lbs of muscle to play center, but is still 25pounds lighter than Howard)

Lakers Best Lineup
Howard - Guarding Bosh
Pau - Guarding Battier (This is my biggest worry... Battier dragging pau out to the 3 point line)
kobe - guarding wade
Artest - Guarding Lebron
Nash - Guarding Ray Allen (Nash already can't play a lick of D, and would have to chase ray around screens all day)

The bottom line is.. These are the best line ups for each team... But it's a match up night mare for both... Sorry, but I just can't see Ray Allen sitting on the bench at the end of a game and chalmers playing.. Lebron is their point guard and was last year in the finals... Let's say they put in Ray / Chalmers and Bench Battier... Now Ray would have to Guard Artest.. He might suck, but I give him 75% chance of being able to abuse Ray in the post...

Either 1 of 2 things is going to happen: the coaches are going to have to put inferior squads out to compensate for match up issues, or these are the match ups we will see... The poll asks which line up will give the other the most trouble.

Lakers Vs Heat: Size Vs Small Ball and breaking down the Match Ups 18 votes

Lakers size will give Heat more trouble
83%
buttuh_bP. TownwaterproofsTaY_TrUeFlyFreeCtits....JOHN BReggie80NothingButTheTruthwoah316_Menace_Sour-CreamKamPushMeInglewood_Bblackjack2012ericb4prez 15 votes
Heat going small ball will give Lakers more trouble
16%
TheBoyRoMC The RapperSleepwalkingInJapan 3 votes

Comments

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?? Move this ?
  • woah316
    Kamp123 wrote: »
    ?? Move this ?

lol my bad.. ? poll ? ...
  • woah316
    edited September 2012
    Let me say this... Unless the heat run the line up I posted, they have no chance...

They not gonna beat the Lakers with a regular line up, on some ? like:

Haslem
    Bosh
    Battier
    Wade
    Lebron

Their only chance is spacing the floor... bosh pulling dwight out to the 3 point line... Battier pulling Pau out to the 3point line...

LA fans.. Before guaranteeing the lakers a title, we gotta come in here and iron this ? out... *starts to sweat*

Somebody come tell me why I shouldn't be worried
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    It don't matter since the thunder will be playing the heat in the '13 finals

No need to over analyze 2 regular season games
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heat ain't making the finals
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It don't matter since the thunder will be playing the heat in the '13 finals

No need to over analyze 2 regular season games

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    55e99ecc659c0e3049453a4d05d7a516.gif

No point in trying to break it down on paper. Just gotta wait until they actually play each other..
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobe will drop 30 on wade
    Howard will drop 40 on ? boy Bosh

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol as if the Lakers didnt have the same size with Bynum who is actually bigger than Howard and Miami still whipped their ? aside from the game Bosh was injured. Dellusional ass Laker fans, ill see yall in the Finals OKC
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakers arent making it past OKC. Kobe, Nash, Pau, Artest are all WELL past their prime. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, are all entering their prime.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to these match ups. I can't wait for the season to begin and it just ended. Don't forget Anthony is out there. He gives up size but nobody is running up in the post any kind of way with him down there.

I wouldn't write the Lakers off either. They had the Thunder on the ropes last year but the Thunder came back blazin. No matter the deficit. Having Nash is nice and all but I want to know how much of am upgrade Howard is.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Curry's ? ass still on the team?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Curry's ? ass still on the team?

Nope, his roster spot was given to Rashard Lewis
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clippers>>>>Lakers
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    woah316 wrote: »
    Let me say this... Unless the heat run the line up I posted, they have no chance...

They not gonna beat the Lakers with a regular line up, on some ? like:

Haslem
    Bosh
    Battier
    Wade
    Lebron

Their only chance is spacing the floor... bosh pulling dwight out to the 3 point line... Battier pulling Pau out to the 3point line...

LA fans.. Before guaranteeing the lakers a title, we gotta come in here and iron this ? out... *starts to sweat*

Somebody come tell me why I shouldn't be worried

To answer you worries battier isn't known for his quick drives to the basket so let pau close out on him and take you chances on the drive. He's not known for his mid range game either so he'd have to get all the way in the paint to score effectively which dwight wouldn't let happen (maybe bynum would). Even if that does become a problem which I don't think it would, ill bring in jamison to guard shane. Ima let Bosh shoot all the 3's he wants, ill give him that all day if I'm dwight.

And there is no way ray allen can stay with steve nash, rays defense is just as bad or worst than steve nash's. The difference is when nash go around him the heat don't have any shot blockers to stop nash from gettin all the way into the paint. We got the bigs to alter their shots when we are defending them.

How is miami gonna stop us when we are on offense? They gonna have to double on of the two bigs. If they play them straight up (particularly Bron on Pau) then they will be in foul trouble very quickly like what happen to chandler in the olympics vs spain. If they double you got two of the best big men at passing outta the double teams.(bynum was woat @ passing outta the double team). You got kobe in 1 on 1 vs wade so he can cook his ass as usual and I don't see chalmers stoping nash from doing what nash wants to do.

And our bench will be better than miami's with meeks, jamison, and possibly barboosa.

I'm not even worried. We gonna smash OKC for puttin us outta the playoffs like we did dallas all season after they put us out the year before. Revenge factor, ? they barely was beating us without us getting better so idk why everybody think they gonna dominate us. We was a steve blake 3 point make and durant 3 point miss at spales away from winning that series in last years playoffs
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    ^ This dude loves writing paragraphs
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he has long post but he made a good point about ray ray. his defense sucks just like Nash's does.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    Ray allen's defense don't suck he's a solid defender.Allan houston is an example of someone who's defense sucked

Lol @ comparing ray allen's defense to nash's defense tho what da fucc
  • DaBull
    edited September 2012
    ^^umm, i disagree. against the lakers they would always throw ray on fisher and he is weak compared to most SGs so he is easily abused in da post. he is in shape so he is good at chasing cats around screens.

i always felt he was the weak link to Boston's defense the last few years, even in their title year

EDIT: maybe i should say his defense sucks NOW, he has been a solid defender throughout his career
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJJKVR0ehjw

Kobe started puttin in work towards the end but it's still good defense and if you cant stop a ? , makin him work for his buckets is the next best thing
  • DaBull
    thats that game where D wade was in da audience shakin his head @ Kobe cooking
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    R.D. wrote: »
    Clippers>>>>Lakers

They sleep.I been sayin this since last year.Clip Set>>>>

These ? Deep wit Vets who are versatile.This squad gonna be a problem and fun to watch

pg- Paul,Bledsoe
    sg- Billups,Crawford,willie green
    Sf -G hill da GOAT,Butler,barnes
    Pf- Blake,odom
    C- Jordan,Hollins,turiaf

#Bestteaminla
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heat going small ball will give Lakers more trouble
    DaBull wrote: »
    ^^umm, i disagree. against the lakers they would always throw ray on fisher and he is weak compared to most SGs so he is easily abused in da post. he is in shape so he is good at chasing cats around screens.

i always felt he was the weak link to Boston's defense the last few years, even in their title year

EDIT: maybe i should say his defense sucks NOW, he has been a solid defender throughout his career

you mean when he was on a bad ankle kinda tough to move from side to side when you got bone spurs in your ankle
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwight Howard with a supporting cast is enough to beat the Heat due to matchups, so with another elite player like Kobe, the Heat don't stand a chance.

Dwight negates all of that slashing to the basket that Lebron and Wade do, causing them to shoot mid-range pullups which we all know they're not that good at. The Heat will damn near get swept if they play the Lakers in the Finals.

Add that to the fact that...

Wade is falling off
    Bosh will be playing out of position
    Bosh is losing confidence in his game
    Flops are getting fined

Conclusion: Miami Heat won't make the Finals.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    Dwight Howard with a supporting cast is enough to beat the Heat due to matchups, so with another elite player like Kobe, the Heat don't stand a chance.

Dwight negates all of that slashing to the basket that Lebron and Wade do, causing them to shoot mid-range pullups which we all know they're not that good at.The Heat will damn near get swept if they play the Lakers in the Finals.

Add that to the fact that...

Wade is falling off
    Bosh will be playing out of position
    Bosh is losing confidence in his game

Flops are getting fined

Conclusion: Miami Heat won't make the Finals.

Get yo clown ass outta here

[IMG]http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/? /grand/? _women_gif.gif[/IMG]