Lakers Vs Heat: Size Vs Small Ball and breaking down the Match Ups

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heat going small ball will give Lakers more trouble
    Pau Gasol is 7 ft Dwight Howard is 6 '11 Chris Bosh is 6'11 Rashard Lewis is 6' 10" where is the huge size advantage? There may be a strength advantage but size no .
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything Howards ? poor free throw shooting plays into OKC and Miami's hands, Bynum was a good free throw shooter and much better offensively.
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakers size will give Heat more trouble
    Lakers have the advantage at every position except for small forward
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Dare I say Josh Harrellson will be the X-factor in all of this. He's the only big man that I know of besides Kevin Love thats known for knocking down threes and rebounding. If this is true, could be a nightmare for the Lakers and the rest of the league altogether.
  • blackjack2012
    Lmao..josh harrellson will be lucky to get 10 mins a game, he won't be no Damn x factor
  • bless the child
    edited September 2012
    Lmao..josh harrellson will be lucky to get 10 mins a game, he won't be no Damn x factor

We will see. He's a center, he rebounds and he shoots three. Thats better than what Dexter Pittman and Joel Anthony has to offer. Besides the defense of course. He's gonna be a player people sleeps on and hate when he knocks down threes that kills your team haha.! Go check the game logs for him. Just about any game he played more than 20 mins he was productive. Had double digit scoring and at least 4 or 5 boards. And knocked down at least 1 three.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Howard should score ATLEAST 32ppg in the FINALS if Bosh is guarding him 1 on 1.
  • bless the child
    edited September 2012
    marc123 wrote: »

Will never happen with Kobe Bryant on his team. One thing alot of you guys fail to realize is Howard is no Shaq! He's never gotten buckets like Shaq and he probably never will. He never averaged more than 22 points season or postseason for a reason. His offensive game is not elite.

• afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People sleepin on Dwyane Wade i expect him to have a big year and post season
  • blackjack2012

Will never happen with Kobe Bryant on his team. One thing alot of you guys fail to realize is Howard is no Shaq! He's never gotten buckets like Shaq and he probably never will. He never averaged more than 22 points season or postseason for a reason. His offensive game is not elite.

Have you ever watched magic games they come down and shoot threes and when they give it to d.h. he'll get double he passes it out and instead of givin it back to him they shoot 3s...svg was the reason why he never avg. That many points
  • blackjack2012
    afromo wrote: »
    People sleepin on Dwyane Wade i expect him to have a big year and post season

I think dwade will have his worst year of his career
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    If anything Howards ? poor free throw shooting plays into OKC and Miami's hands, Bynum was a good free throw shooter and much better offensively.

Lol Whose hands doesnt that play into?? And your overrating Bynum compared to Dwight offensively, they were about the same in Field goal attempts but Dwight ends up with more points and a better fg%, Bynum might have more moves but yall act like Howard is useless in the paint, he still demands a double team and still is to athletic for most teams to stop, hes the best rebounder in the league which means the Lakers will lead the league in 2nd chance points, he gets to the line over 5 more times a game than bynum, and Nash/Howard will be a way more dynamic pg/c combination than Nash/Bynum would be, Bynum would slow that team down, defensively they are better with Howard than Bynum, so tell me how does Bynums 5 free throw attempts a game that he shoots less than 70% and his couple more offensive moves than Howard make the Lakers better, yall are reaching trying to defend your favorite teams or players, i'm a Celtics nobody hates the lakers more than me but I know they will be in the finals this year
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt Kobe guards Wade for prolonged periods, he'll be on Allen or Battier. Mario will guard Nash, Lebron has no choice but to guard Pau which isn't good.

The Heat's best hope is to make it a high tempo, run it up type game, because LA would own the half court just too much size NH.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heat going small ball will give Lakers more trouble

in most cases dwight howard has the advantage and he's never avg that many points .
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    All this ? gonna be handled in June. Barring major injuries, I can only see Heat vs. Lakers in finals. Thunder won't be able to handle Lakers size either, watch and see. Heat on borrowed time until D Rose come back.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    All this ? gonna be handled in June. Barring major injuries, I can only see Heat vs. Lakers in finals. Thunder won't be able to handle Lakers size either, watch and see. Heat on borrowed time until D Rose come back.

Not if there still counting on ? being the number 2
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    woah316 wrote: »
    Let me say this... Unless the heat run the line up I posted, they have no chance...

They not gonna beat the Lakers with a regular line up, on some ? like:

Haslem
    Bosh
    Battier
    Wade
    Lebron

Their only chance is spacing the floor... bosh pulling dwight out to the 3 point line... Battier pulling Pau out to the 3point line...

LA fans.. Before guaranteeing the lakers a title, we gotta come in here and iron this ? out... *starts to sweat*

Somebody come tell me why I shouldn't be worried

To answer you worries battier isn't known for his quick drives to the basket so let pau close out on him and take you chances on the drive. He's not known for his mid range game either so he'd have to get all the way in the paint to score effectively which dwight wouldn't let happen (maybe bynum would). Even if that does become a problem which I don't think it would, ill bring in jamison to guard shane. Ima let Bosh shoot all the 3's he wants, ill give him that all day if I'm dwight.

And there is no way ray allen can stay with steve nash, rays defense is just as bad or worst than steve nash's. The difference is when nash go around him the heat don't have any shot blockers to stop nash from gettin all the way into the paint. We got the bigs to alter their shots when we are defending them.

How is miami gonna stop us when we are on offense? They gonna have to double on of the two bigs. If they play them straight up (particularly Bron on Pau) then they will be in foul trouble very quickly like what happen to chandler in the olympics vs spain. If they double you got two of the best big men at passing outta the double teams.(bynum was woat @ passing outta the double team). You got kobe in 1 on 1 vs wade so he can cook his ass as usual and I don't see chalmers stoping nash from doing what nash wants to do.

And our bench will be better than miami's with meeks, jamison, and possibly barboosa.

I'm not even worried. We gonna smash OKC for puttin us outta the playoffs like we did dallas all season after they put us out the year before. Revenge factor, ? they barely was beating us without us getting better so idk why everybody think they gonna dominate us. We was a steve blake 3 point make and durant 3 point miss at spales away from winning that series in last years playoffs

Gave you a goat for this post.

The lakers simply choked that series with OKC away. They should have been up 3-1... And that's with an inferior bynum who doesn't take the game seriously, and WITHOUT steve nash... WHy everyone acts like OKC is going to beat the lakers is just wishful thinking...
  • woah316
    Yo, if you google "can lebron guard gasol" or "can lebron guard dwight".. You will see similar threads come up..

Lol@ ? all thinking the same ? .. We slippin over here.
  • woah316
    In other threads, I saw ? saying:

Lebron on Pau
    Battier on Kobe
    Bosh on Howard
    Wade on Nash
    Ray Allen on Artest

I could honestly see this working out a lil better for the heat.. Artest should be somewhere sharpening up his post moves right now... 6'7 260 vs 6'5 205 in Ray Allen....
  • woah316
    edited September 2012
    I'm gonna make a post that's gonna hurt OKC fans / Laker haters feelings:

Dwight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Perkins
    Pau >>>>>>>> Ibaka
    Artest<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Durant
    Kobe>>>>>>Harden
    Nash>>>Westbrook

Wait.... Did I just say, Nash >>> Westbrook? Prepare to get mad:

Nash Vs Westbrook

FG%: Nash >>>>> Westbrook by 8%
    3pt%: Nash >>>>> Westbrook by 8%
    FT%: Nash >>> Westbrook by 5%
    Facilitating / Assists: Nash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Westbrook .. Nash gets twice as many assists as westbrook, playing 4 less minutes a game... And that was with a bunch of BUMS... Now he has 3 PLAYERS FAR BETTER offensively than ANYONE that was on the Suns... (yall should seriously be trembling about that)

Now lets look at Westbrook advantages over nash:

-Westbrook scores more in VOLUME, but the lakers don't need Nash to Score they have so many other options, so this advantage is 100% negated

-Westbrook is a better rebounder slightly... But dwight grabs so many rebounds he'll make up for the 1 rebound per game Westbrook grabs over Nash, and THEN some... so this advantage is 100% negated

-Westbrook is more athletic and better defensively... But head to head, nobody in the league can guard westbrook ANYWAY... So it's pointless... Nash wont do any worse than Monte Ellis would defensively.. So this "advantage" is a moot point... And again, dwight is there to Swat ? in the lane when westbrook blows by Nash...

When you look at this ? , UNBIASEDLY... Nash is so much better of a player than westbrook (IMO alone.. when you add dwight in the equation is not even close) it's sad...

OKC's only PRAYER of getting by LA is if somebody gets injured... and I fully understand injuries are part of the game, so that wont be an excuse... But that's their only PRAYER.

Now come dispute what I just said about westbrook vs Nash... Not possible
  • blackjack2012
    Westbrook will dominate Nash ..Nash is to old to keep up with him ..your throwing out ? hoping someone will cosign you
  • woah316
    edited September 2012
    Westbrook will dominate Nash ..Nash is to old to keep up with him ..your throwing out ? hoping someone will cosign you

I don't give a ? if anybody cosign me... Everytime I go against the grain I ALWAYS end up being right... That's why I'm hated. Thats life.

Re-read what I said again and come back to me... Don't even feel like giving a rebutle to that weak reply vs irrifutable facts I dropped.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howard and Gasol clogging up the middle will only leave miami to a 3 point contest so na they ain't ? with the lakers b.

The lakers have Nash and Kobe alone as good shooters plus Nash assisting Howard and Gasol on alleys will be an additional problem but ? Miami, let's go KNICKS.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delusional ass Laker fans
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt Kobe guards Wade for prolonged periods, he'll be on Allen or Battier. Mario will guard Nash, Lebron has no choice but to guard Pau which isn't good.

The Heat's best hope is to make it a high tempo, run it up type game, because LA would own the half court just too much size NH.

I'm not even sold on the heat being able to out fastbreak the Lakers. Keep in mind Nash just came from kinda a run n gun system and he gonna have howard and kobe running wit him.