Sentry vs Thor vs Silver Surfer vs Adam Warlock who takes it...

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Doctopian wrote: »
    Ironically enough, the order of most to least powerful is exactly how the names are posted in the topic title. Sentry as he appeared in Dark Avengers and the Siege is head and shoulders above the others, Thor and Surfer are roughly equal with Thor having the edge, and Warlock brings up the rear.

Don't know about that, BUT I do know that Sentry can't beat either Thor or Surfer as both can either reflect or absorb his energy. Also Surfer can mind ? him due to his weak mental.

What's your take on Warlock...?
  • evoljeanyes
    @Jaxn I know Thor didn't defeat Gal. Lol...c'mon man. I don't think that feat you noted makes mjornir being more powerful than the cosmic null.

Thor is a beast. He is more durable and more likely to dominate than Surfer.
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Doctopian wrote: »
    Ironically enough, the order of most to least powerful is exactly how the names are posted in the topic title. Sentry as he appeared in Dark Avengers and the Siege is head and shoulders above the others, Thor and Surfer are roughly equal with Thor having the edge, and Warlock brings up the rear.

Don't know about that, BUT I do know that Sentry can't beat either Thor or Surfer as both can either reflect or absorb his energy. Also Surfer can mind ? him due to his weak mental.

That strategy didn't work so well for Crusher Creel when he tried it, and he has manage to absorb part of the Odinforce in the past. Also, if Thor could easy design Sentry of his energy, where was this during Siege when Sentry was handing him his ass. He's lucky Osborn told the Sentry to bring down Asgard, otherwise, he would have suffered the same fate as Ares.

It says something about your power level when one of your lower combat feats is barely losing to the Hulk (a Hulk whom was more powerful than any version Surfer or Thor ever faced).

If I'm forced to choose, I'll take the dude whom molecularly deconstructed the Molecule Man over the other three combined.

• evoljeanyes
    Hulk couldn't best any version of surfer...world breaker hulk couldn't beat surfer...the ? is blazing fast...and stupid strong.

Turned up Thor would obliterate hulk

Sentry is too inconsistent...Seige was Void...sentry doesn't manipulate molecules void does.

• Doctopian
    Sentry is Void, and the inconsistency lies more in his mental state than his power level; he was always treated as the most powerful being on Marvel Earth.

Furthermore, Thor or Surfer easily handling any version of the Green Scar is an asinine claim, as neither of them have ever matched that Hulk's strength showings. Hell, unless they decide to bust out one of their more effect one-shot powers (something Surfer is more likely to do), i doubt that they handle him at all.
  • evoljeanyes
    Hulk is my Dude! I love his scrap...but realistically..hulk couldn't match Thor or surfer in speed nor could he handle their distance attacks. Thor would go head up with any version of hulk in a slugfest...but they both know that's not their best move
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    LOL at Surfer not being able to handle Sentry's energy. Dude has channeled the energy of the Crunch and defeated Entity level beings before. Get off it.

And Thor would end Hulk with a hammer to the face if there's no plot protection or anything. He's made planet wide lightning storms, that would end Hulk alone.

And Surfer can handle him however he wants. He can withstand the pressure from a Supernova, a Blackhole, etc. Hulk has never had that type of strength, he shouldn't be able to hurt Surfer at all.

Current Sentry was handled by Hulk and killed by Thor. He's the weakest most likely as I don't know much about Warlock and would have to look him up.
  • Doctopian
    Hulk is my Dude! I love his scrap...but realistically..hulk couldn't match Thor or surfer in speed nor could he handle their distance attacks. Thor would go head up with any version of hulk in a slugfest...but they both know that's not their best move

You seem to be mistaking travel speed with combat speed. Both Thor and Surfer are capable of traveling multiple times the speed of light; however, they have never consistently displayed true combat super speed/reflexes in a way that Flash, Superman (and those caste from his mold E.G. Sentry), or Wonder Woman have. In fact, Hulk has appeared on par with them in nearly ever fight that they had (barring a 40 year old example involving the Surfer).

Thor could fight most versions of Hulk pretty evenly, but it would require more than just his strength and durability. As you said, a slugfest isn't in Thor's favor, and there are certain version of the Hulk I could see handling Thor quite easily if they went that route. It doesn't help that Hulk has been pushed as Marvel's premiere physical powerhouse for the better part of a decade. It's gotten to the point that every time Hulk and Thor appear in the same book that Hulk is presented as the more formidable of the two either directly (Avengers Assemble, Fear Itself) or indirectly (Captain America practically begging for Hulk's help in the last issue of Avengers vs. X-Men).

• evoljeanyes
    Norrin has hands like a mother ? ! His speed translates just as superman and flash...he just doesn't duck and dodge like flash because his silver skin is damn near impenetrable (unless you Wells mjornir, the enchanted mallet lol). His battle reaction time is nanoseconds.
  • evoljeanyes
    Thor would beat hulk's ass...if this is a battle all skills able to be utilized hulk is done
  • evoljeanyes
    Warlock is the soul gem with Thanos level intellect and he is the cosmic go to guy. Speed of light flight, teleportation. He has forcefields and good hand to hand skills. He is the master of the soul world.
  • Doctopian
    Norrin has hands like a mother ? ! His speed translates just as superman and flash...he just doesn't duck and dodge like flash because his silver skin is damn near impenetrable (unless you Wells mjornir, the enchanted mallet lol). His battle reaction time is nanoseconds.

He usually isn't depicted as a very good hand-to-hand fighter (being a pacifist and all) and his "nanosecond reaction time" is rarely ever seen when he fights. If he was as powerful as you claim, he would never be challenged.
    Thor would beat hulk's ass...if this is a battle all skills able to be utilized hulk is done

Sure, Thor and Surfer's power sets are far greater than Hulk's; but I thought we were debating the characters, not power sets. These discussions become boring when a person argues that Character A easily wins a fight with some ability that has only been seen once in a twenty year time span. I mean, when was the last time you've seen Thor project any other type of energy besides magical lightening? How often has Mjolnir been used to transmute matter? When was the last time that the Surfer devolved an opponent mid-fight or created a black hole to defeat an opponent? Yeah, you could come up with any number of scenarios where character A beats character B through the intelligent use of their abilities, but 99% of the time, those characters don't fight in that manner.
  • evoljeanyes
    Norrin doesn't slug! Hit hits you and blurs out hits you and blurs out...he can't trade because he is not a trained fighter.

Mjornir doesn't need to do anything but smack the ? out of hulk!

To match Thor's strngth hulk would need to be world war hulk angry. Didnt this ? thor lift the whole Asgard before?

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver Surfer Curbstomps All These ? If Written Correctly
  • evoljeanyes
    No bruh...ain't gone be know curbstomping warlock or Thor family
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt Beta Ray Bill take on all the heralds by himself before and drive Galactus away?
  • evoljeanyes
    Bets ray beat Thor because Odin set the field for bill...after the fight ? bill gave mjornir back because Thor took his best in a setting more suitable to his physical attributes and stalemated him. Brb got up first...

Thor is out right a better fighter than Brb...
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Didnt Beta Ray Bill take on all the heralds by himself before and drive Galactus away?
    No, but just recently, the Surfer put Bill down with like 3 punches..and told him to stay down
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Silver Surfer has the Power Cosmic. He would wipe the floor with them.
  • evoljeanyes

Mjornir outlasts the power cosmic.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost Rider>>>>> he wouldnt fight any of them though, maybe Surfer
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭

It really doesn't
  • evoljeanyes
    jaxn wrote: »

It really doesn't

How not?
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭

It really doesn't

How not?

The power cosmic is nearly infinite and generated by the Universe. It is used by Galactus (stronger than Thor and Odin who made and powers Mjornir), Eternity, and even Death IIRC. All of them >>>>Mjornir by far. Surfer also wields this power just at lower levels, though he can manipulate energy at nearly any level as shown when he went back in time and manipulated energy from the Crunch to defeat an entity level being.
  • evoljeanyes

It really doesn't

How not?

The power cosmic is nearly infinite and generated by the Universe. It is used by Galactus (stronger than Thor and Odin who made and powers Mjornir), Eternity, and even Death IIRC. All of them >>>>Mjornir by far. Surfer also wields this power just at lower levels, though he can manipulate energy at nearly any level as shown when he went back in time and manipulated energy from the Crunch to defeat an entity level being.

Thor has absorbed massive amounts of energy. Nothing that says the surfer's power is immune. Surfer's portion of the cosmic doesn't outlast mjornir. That's what I mean. Thor is greater than surfer