Sentry vs Thor vs Silver Surfer vs Adam Warlock who takes it...

124»

Comments

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Sour wrote: »
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Stop citing what happened in the comics as absolute truth. use their powersets and personalities to see who would win. Because comics do a lot of ? . Like where Spiderman beat Hulk, was too fast for Thor, beat Firelord, etc. Things like that. It's why you can't always take what actually happened for the absolute truth of what would happen. You look at context clues, the consistency of the event and how they perform against others of similar power.

Also if you want to do it that way, Thor beat Surfer and killed Sentry, Beta Ray Bill drew with Thor, Surfer smacked Beta Ray Bill so Thor>Sentry>Thor>Sentry etc. and Thor>Surfer>Beta Ray Bill=Thor

Wait in that other avengers issue where Norman Osbourne formed another group, I thought he manipulated Sentry into going against the avengers. Dude ripped Ares in half and beat Thor to a ? pulp but also in previous comics someone posted Blue Marvel beating Sentry, the thing is Blue Marvel's powerset is better than Sentry, I'm not just saying this cause he's black but his strength is way higher than sentry, as well as his speed being pretty much the speed of light maybe faster and he has some other molecular power ? similar to the Surfer.

Beta Ray Bill, I thought beat Thor and isn't hulk stronger than Thor. He was able to lift mjoiner(sp) off pure strength alone.

If anything, Blue Marvel/Surfer is equal >> Sentry >> Thor but I could be wrong.

The Hulk can't lift mjolnir on pure strength. If that was shown in a comic then it must've been a what if or perhaps in that Avengers Assemble nonsense. The Hulk is stronger than Thor when he reach certain levels of anger. The whole Blue Marvel / Sentry power level in regards to the other heavy hitters is strange..When they were introduced, without a doubt they were meant to be above the likes of Thor and Surfer in power..however, Sentry was killed by Thor (whether you believe Sentry allowed this to happen or not). BM didn't have a low showing, it's just that Marvel didn't develop the character, most likely because the majority of their audience wouldn't support BM..but in their one encounter, I'd say BM was more powerful than Sentry.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jaxn he threw the hammer he didn't travel. I didnt say thor was faster i said he wasnt much slower when traveling with mjornir. You have to read the contentn otherwise you just seem condescending. It was written that BM isn't> than Thor by the creator.

Sentry and surfer are more comparable because they have new powers derived from out of nowhere all the time.

Blue marvel is what Sentry was supposed to be except his powerset is established. And he is stable mentally. He is the guy who will stand up to everyone.

In response to someone saying surfer could beat galactus and Thor couldn't I said Thor would give gal more hell than surfer ever could. Hyperbole yes, but not in the context. Neither stands a chance. Again context oryou seem condescending.

• jaxn
    @jaxn he threw the hammer he didn't travel. I didnt say thor was faster i said he wasnt much slower when traveling with mjornir. You have to read the contentn otherwise you just seem condescending. It was written that BM isn't> than Thor by the creator.
    Thor is slower even when traveling with mjolnir. Also mjolnir has the ability to create portals to get to Thor..what creator wrote that BM isn't more powerful than Thor? BM and Sentry, when created, were meant to be more powerful than high end top tiers, which is what Thor is.
    Sentry and surfer are more comparable because they have new powers derived from out of nowhere all the time.
    Surfer's powerset is pretty much defined by the power cosmic. Sentry is a psionic with brick abilities. No one really knew what Sentry could do because Sentry didn't know
    Blue marvel is what Sentry was supposed to be except his powerset is established. And he is stable mentally. He is the guy who will stand up to everyone.

In response to someone saying surfer could beat galactus and Thor couldn't I said Thor would give gal more hell than surfer ever could. Hyperbole yes, but not in the context. Neither stands a chance. Again context oryou seem condescending.
    I wasn't trying to be condescending, but Thor's chances against Galactus are about the same as the Surfer's..they have no chance. Surfer and Thor are like insects to Galactus
  • evoljeanyes
    @jaxn
    Kevin Grevioux...the writer, said he is beneath Thor and Superman. Or above superman below Thor that's it.

How do you figure they were supposed to be above high end top tiers? Sentry was said to be Marvels Supes by many. Supes is high end top tier right? I am honestly wanting to know.

Again Thor w/ enchanted mallet is not a lot slower than surfer definitely not enough to put surfer above Thor as the person I replied to said.

If you weren't trying to be condescending then my bad. I stated neither stands a chance so I agree with you.

The cosmic and mallet cancel...speed surfer but thor's fighting ability being much better would prevail over surfers speed to me. Obviously it could go either way but for the sake of the argument its Thor to me.
  • jaxn
    @jaxn
    Kevin Grevioux...the writer, said he is beneath Thor and Superman. Or above superman below Thor that's it.
    did he say this in response to a fan asking about relative power levels or just making comments about the characters?
    How do you figure they were supposed to be above high end top tiers? Sentry was said to be Marvels Supes by many. Supes is high end top tier right? I am honestly wanting to know.
    Only folks who said Sentry was the Marvel Superman are DC guys..they feel anyone who is greater than Superman in Marvel are always beneath him for whatever reason..Gladiator and Hyperion are moreso Superman characters, they basically have the same powersets. Sentry is a psionic.
    Again Thor w/ enchanted mallet is not a lot slower than surfer definitely not enough to put surfer above Thor as the person I replied to said.
    sure he is though. Surfer travels space all the time. His job is to travel from one end of the universe to the next serarching for food. If there was a race between them, Surfer would win every time. One of the Surfer's fastest feats is traveling a light year in the time it took Thanos to bring his infinity gauntlet down..just imagine, you're a light year away from someone..that person raises his hand and then you take off flying..you reach the guy before he lowers his hand trying to grab the gauntlet. Surfer also has a feat in which he searched the entire Earth before Dr. Strange could finish his sentence.
    If you weren't trying to be condescending then my bad. I stated neither stands a chance so I agree with you.
    sorry about that
    The cosmic and mallet cancel...speed surfer but thor's fighting ability being much better would prevail over surfers speed to me. Obviously it could go either way but for the sake of the argument its Thor to me.

I wouldn't use Surfer's speed as a means of victory since he doesn't really use it in combat..all i'm saying in regards to Surfer and Thor is that every time they've fought in the past, there have been extenuating circumstances..even in their most recent fight, neither was able to do much damage to one another, but one thing I can say is that Surfer is usually trying to talk moreso than fight..it was no different in their last encounter. Thor was going for the ? , while Surfer was trying to talk..the outcome was a stalemate imo.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Bolt >>>>>>>

But on the real Warlock performs better than many expect. He dodged a point blank range energy blast from Galactus, so his fighting speed shouldn't be questioned. He also has extensive martial arts abilities and his planning and combat strategies are second to none, look no further than the way he orchestrated everything in Infinity Gauntlet.
  • evoljeanyes
    @smittysmith no way on black bolt being better than Thor or surfer and especially not warlock...warlock is the ?
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @smittysmith no way on black bolt being better than Thor or surfer and especially not warlock...warlock is the ?

I know, I was just giving my man BB a plug lol. Dudes underrated and has some awesome feats.

• evoljeanyes
    @jaxn it was an interview and its in one of bm's BIOS. Hyperion, Gladiator interesting never thought of that. Would you put Sentry up with nate grey and hyperstorm?

I feel you on the Thor Surfer thing...the circumstances in their rights are a good indication that its probably a wash. Going to the farthest point of the galaxy and back in 60 seconds is just as good as around earth in one right? Thor has good speed feats...I don't doubt surfer being faster but Thor travels quickly. Quickly enough to not lose the battle on speed alone. That's all I am saying.

• evoljeanyes

I know, I was just giving my man BB a plug lol. XDudes underrated and has some awesome feats.

Black bolt is that dude...he is not far behind those guys!
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Bolt would get destroyed.
  • evoljeanyes

By who? He could hang with them all
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

all it takes is a whisper

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmJCukg87au7KhPKZvjiBVxrr6Q12WMHSl7v5A5TV5sYcPj3DI

'll have ? ? ? their pants,
  • jaxn
    @jaxn it was an interview and its in one of bm's BIOS. Hyperion, Gladiator interesting never thought of that. Would you put Sentry up with nate grey and hyperstorm?
    what hurt Sentry was that he had great power feats, but he also had lows in which all you had to do was ? him and he'd go running to the sun or whatever. When he encountered Nate Grey, i believe Nate remembered him and for whatever reason, the Sentry wouldn't fight him..i can't remember the details too well. I'd rank Hyperstorm above them both, but not sure where i'd place Sentry in relaton to Nate, especially if we're talking about his Shaman portrayals..

• evoljeanyes
    Hmm interesting...most people I talk to say...hyperstorm Franklin and nate grey equivalent...I always thought Franklin was trill...

What separates hyperstorm from Nate Grey? @jaxn
  • jaxn
    I would say Franklin is the most powerful imo, followed by Hyperstorm and Nate..While both Nate and Hyperstorm are both psionics, Hyperstorm is able to do more than Xman and is more powerful
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those other cats are off the charts. Black Bolt isn't even close.
  • evoljeanyes

Those other cats are off the charts. Black Bolt isn't even close.

I beg to differ