"Looper" will blow your mind, Really.

Options
rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
MOV_25ec7a97_b.jpg

My head is still spinning. Great Flick. I'm writing up my spoiler review now. Let me know what you guys think for the people that saw it.

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rate that ? out of 5 b.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the best sci fi movies in awhile. It was interesting how different the movie is from the trailer you see it made the movie that much better not knowing what was gonna happen
  • rapmastermind
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Please do not read this before you've seen the film. Spoilers everywhere and It will ruin the experience but if you don't care about that, read away. I give the movie an A or 4.5/5:

Looper-trailer-3-008.jpg

(Spoiler Synopsis Part 1)
    Looper takes place 30 years into the future in 2042. In 2072 Time Travel is invented by the government but deemed illegal. The Technology hit the Black Market and now a Mobb Boss in the future by the name of "The Rainmaker" uses it to send back people he wants to disappear. The story is told through the eyes of one Looper named Joe. He has been doing it a couple of years. The Looper gets a date and time and picks a location for the mark to be sent to. Joe kills his targets at a corn field so nobody can hear the shot. Well sadly one of the rules of being looper is that when your contract is up. The Future Mobb Boss sends your future self back to be killed thus closing off the loop. This is done so that you won't be able to tell the information about the practice. Also if a Looper lets his target get away, not only will the target be killed but so will the Looper. Loopers are paid through gold and silver so they are very rich. Joe is not only a killer but a drug addict who parties and has sex with prostitutes.

So one day while asleep his close friend who is also a Looper knocks on his window. He comes through and tells him he broke the rule. His loop was to be closed but he didn't ? his future self. The Mobb comes through and Joe hides his friend in his safe. The Rainmaker sent back one of his trusted soldiers to run the Looper program to make sure everything runs smoothly and every target is killed. Jeff Daniels (Dumb and Dumber) plays the leader of the Mobb running the program. He interrogates Joe and lets him know not to lie cause he already knows the future. Joe finally gives up his friend. Meanwhile his friend future self is on the run and all the sudden his starts to lose body parts. The Mobb tortures Joe's friend and brings the future version back to Joe apartment and has him killed.

To punish Joe for hiding his friend it seems his contract was up and his loop was to be closed. So Joe gets his time and goes to his spot waiting for the mark to appear. The Mark is Late, the boom he appears and Joe notices he doesn't have a hood on. He also isn't tied up. He realizes it's his older self. Older Joe (Bruce) uses the gold to Stop the gun shot and knocks Younger Joe unconscious and gets away. Young Joe wakes up and goes back to his apartment where the Mobb is already looking for him for not killing his mark. He tells them he will fix it and falls out of the window trying to escape. The movie then goes back to the scene where Young Joe is waiting for his mark to come from the future. This time Old Joe comes back with a hood over his head and tied up. Young Joe kills him, pulls the hood off and see his dead future self. Then the movie shows us Young Joe living his life out for 30 years in China.

Ok that's Part 1 if you think that was trippy, it gets crazier. I will write Part 2 later cause there's way more.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Robin been my ? since 3rd Rock from the sun!
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ? is gettin crazy reviews. cant wait to watch this and End of Watch and Killer Joe!
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn!!! I had a chance to watch this ? last night but I didn't make it due to an family emergency...but I'm definitely watching this ? later this evening.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I was thinking about going to the early matinee to catch this, my ? lauce. I'll catch it this morning or later this week.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    I'm going to finish my review later today. Been thinking about my own personal theories. Did anyone get to check it out? I really enjoyed this flick. Bruce Willis is the man:

looper.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There needs to be a sepearte thread for people who HAVE seen it to really discuss it.

ONE OF THE BEST ACTION MOVIES I'VE EVER SEEN...and I'm 30.

For the people who have seen it, there is one angle to the movie we all want to talk about, that the trailer does an amazing job @ giving no hints whatsoever
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ima watch it this weekend now if its dat good..
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm a scifi nut so I doubt the ? 's gonna confuse me. I watched the ? of "the one", star trek, quantum leap, and the stargate series. I'm usually the one explaining hit to people lol.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its really not that confusing...

also the trailers portray a lot more sci-fi than whats really in the movie
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima see it again after Taken 2 this Friday
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its not really that complicated
    The rainmaker is closing all the loops because a looper kills his mom, Young joe ends up killing Old Joe cuz Old Joe killing Sara is what turns Cid into the RainMaker looking for revenge. Still confused bout some parts tho
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I loved the movie, it definitely had some nice twists and turns in there. And it was better then I expected it to be
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Its not really that complicated
    The rainmaker is closing all the loops because a looper kills his mom, Young joe ends up killing Old Joe cuz Old Joe killing Sara is what turns Cid into the RainMaker looking for revenge. Still confused bout some parts tho
    Just seen the ? earlier today. You're absolutely right, it's just correcting a ripple affect in time. Looper is on some butterfly affect type ? . It's butterfly affect, that tom cruz movie where he arrested people before they committed a crime, and the one mixed up in one movie.

• Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah old man Abe highlights the cycle ? too. Good flick, definitely better than expected
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looper >>>> TDKR

And if you were in the TDKR thread you know how big a fan I am of those movies.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    very well acted and very different sci-fi story within the genre
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looper was a good one. I was confused as to the fate of Joe's friend however, I know he ultimately died...but why was he losing parts of his body?
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »
    Looper was a good one. I was confused as to the fate of Joe's friend however, I know he ultimately died...but why was he losing parts of his body?

They were cutting off the parts of the younger version of his friend to make the old one come back
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I been tellin folks for years
    Bruce Willis is the GOAT
    He might be the most versatile actor in the bizz
  • RXMasked
    RXMasked Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The moving was entertaining but far as being a good or even great film, I question that.
    3.7/5
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw it yesterday with no expectations. ? was good with a nice storyline.

question, the rainman was not joe?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seen it the other night it was ok nothing overly special