Kendrick Lamar Says Eminem "Definitely" Influenced His Style, Calls Him A "Genius"

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How the ? does she keep gettin accounts...?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    A1000MILES wrote: »

Lol, you should know Miles High
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First page of this thread is comedy.
  • A1000MILES

Lol, you should know Miles High

Right...But I just went from usin my computer to usin my phone...As many times as she been banned, I wonder how the hell she keeps findin her way back in...
  • GetGuap
    GetGuap Members Posts: 36
    jono wrote: »
    Kendrick aint saying this ? for sales, he saying it because he means it.

Exactly. And even though he means it, ? don't like that...why?

The rest you can fill it in.

Cos Eminem's always in peoples faces is my guess being a white person in a black music art form and being a star that exceded just Hip Hop but became a star outside Hip Hop too has made a lotta people on some websites like this un happy. In theory it's simple people that don't like Eminem can simply not like him not listen to him keep it moving but with him on websites like this it's hard for some. The reason being is cos he comes with the popularity
    But in the bigger picture it's a fact that almost most black rappers sell well historically and Eminem has been the only succesful white rapper to sell people sometimes forget this. If i was black i would look at it like this hypothetically the popularity is gonna be annoying to some when it's a white face but even if a person don't like his music who can front on Em being genuine? he never rapped about selling drugs or being a thug or a G or bragged about his money all he did was do him rap about his life and what he knows. If Nas is respected from coming from the bottom being dead broke and coming from a struggle then even if you don't like Eminem why can't you respect the same for him even if he a diffrent color?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetGuap wrote: »

Cos Eminem's always in peoples faces is my guess being a white person in a black music art form and being a star that exceded just Hip Hop but became a star outside Hip Hop too has made a lotta people on some websites like this un happy. In theory it's simple people that don't like Eminem can simply not like him not listen to him keep it moving but with him on websites like this it's hard for some. The reason being is cos he comes with the popularity
    But in the bigger picture it's a fact that almost most black rappers sell well historically and Eminem has been the only succesful white rapper to sell people sometimes forget this. If i was black i would look at it like this hypothetically the popularity is gonna be annoying to some when it's a white face but even if a person don't like his music who can front on Em being genuine? he never rapped about selling drugs or being a thug or a G or bragged about his money all he did was do him rap about his life and what he knows. If Nas is respected from coming from the bottom being dead broke and coming from a struggle then even if you don't like Eminem why can't you respect the same for him even if he a diffrent color?

Eminem rapped about WHITE RAGE.
  • GetGuap
    GetGuap wrote: »

Eminem rapped about WHITE RAGE.

Post the songs then
  • GetGuap
    Regardless of what anyone says just my personal opinion these are just a few songs to why i and i imagine the likes of Kendrick think Eminem is 1 of the best ever from the lyrical content, message, hooks, emotion, flow, beats, passion in these songs is why just me personally but also likley people like Rakim, Kendrick, Nas, and every Eminem fan who thinks he the best be it whatever everyday issue we can relate to he covering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQcJtN_Swfk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWYopag1hSU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbNvY8PBaQo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB45rxjQOrk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9bCLPwzSC0
  • GetGuap
    And half the people on here that hate Eminem seem brain dead too cos if you like Nas who made the song Daughters how can you not like Eminem who made songs before him exactly same style like Hailies Song, Mockingbird, if you like 2pac who made songs like Changes how can you not like Eminem who made songs about politics like that such as Mosh and We As Americans, if you like Nas and Pac who made songs about poverty how can you not like Eminem who made countless songs about poverty too like Rock Bottom, 8 Mile Rd, If I Had.
    If you like a rapper like Cudi with his hooks how can you not like Eminem who done hooks like that way before Cudi 10 years ago? If you like Redman and Ludacris how can you not like Eminem when he has funny songs like I'm Shady and My Name is like them?

It don't add up cos Eminem has exactly the same type of tracks as any of ya fave rappers from the topic to the lyrical content to emotion to humor so that's why people think alot are just haters cos Eminem more bigger than who they like
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you done ? up right @getguap? Bill Duke should come smack the ? out you. Its obvious you shady team. That pic of a fat scott storch on ? with black hair ain't fooling nobody.
  • TheLaureate
    TheLaureate Members Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    Let me get this straight. I make a post condemning racism in hip hop, and I get 5 "Nosign" disapprovals?

• GetGuap
    Peopple who constantly leave feelings or no signs like Infamous, DMTCannabis, BlackJerry are the ones who can't hold an intelligent debate so when they presented with facts shown songs, given examples they only hit feelings buttons cos they know they have no argument. I posted a Rakim video where Rakim calls Eminem the best ever they had no argument so they hit feelings lol, i posted songs showing if you like other rappers who make similar songs to Eminem but Eminem then you contradicting your self again had no argument. That's why Em stay winning until people wisen up and try to be mature a lot of Eminem fans will maybe even make sure he sells more than ever.
  • A1000MILES
    Lmaoooooo @ the cosign.....
  • GetGuap
    How ? is to hit the feelings over a video of Rakim saying Eminem the best why would your anger for Eminem make you so bitter look at infamous and how many times he hits feelings even when he presented with facts not opinions but concerete footage of people like Rakim in a video interview saying Eminem the Mohammed Ali of rap. That's sad that you are proud to be a hater especially if you an adult
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see pancake ass is back yet again
  • GetGuap
    Lmaoooooo @ the cosign.....

So why is it people claim they not Eminem haters they don't like his music no 1 says nothing that's fine but when people make points and show concerete evidence like Rakim, Kendrick, Nas praising Em as a GOAT or people bring up facts like Eminem has songs the haters fave rappers have yet they can't debate but only can resort to hitting feelings buttons when they shut down with facts? this proves they know they wrong and have no counter argument

There is no counter argument if you like Nas who made Daughters but hate on Eminem who made Hailes Song and MOckingbird you automatically contradicting yourself. If you say Kendrick and Rakim are praising him as a GOAT for sales then you have no argument cos neither sell much even after they praise Eminem. People know this so they can't argue a Nas fan can not say nah it's not true Eminem didn't make them songs about his daughter. A person can't say Rakim didn't label Eminem the Ali of Rap. Cos the evidence there
  • GetGuap
    edited October 2012
    Let me get this straight. I make a post condemning racism in hip hop, and I get 5 "Nosign" disapprovals?

Because when people make concrete points about Em's greatness, or thinking he the best on here bring up facts to help their point it seems all people who been made to look stupid can do is hit feelings cos they have no argument they know they wrong so they have to use the coward option feelings button lol
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Go away ? . Yall gotta start @ me when she comes around.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao no matter what name and facade she puts on, she is always so easy to recognize.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    get guap this broad is hilarous
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realistically Kendrick target demo is not gonna be project kids its gonna be eminems demo an we know who that is.
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    lmfao that chick held her own in that lil debate with DI then exposed herself with the.

"i think eminem is great when he has emotion" and posted mockingbird, rock bottom, type ? .
  • ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    Yamoley wrote: »
    No wonder that ? is corny as ? ....
    He should've left his listening party on a stretcher back in Chicago
    ?

• ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    What the ? is all this racist ? ? Who cares if Eminem is white. I get that the "black" culture wants to claim Hip Hop as theirs and be the best at it, but that's not what music is about.

I could understand if Eminem was being painted as the Elvis of Hip Hop, but he's not. Lots of people disagree and dispute Eminem being the best, not many dispute Elvis. You got Tupac, Nas, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Common, Rakim, etc. So don't worry about Eminem and a bunch of other "white" boys taking over hip hop. There's lots of top tier "black" MCs, can there at least be one "white" legend among the dozens of "black" legends?

Two concluding notes:

- Vinnie Paz > Eminem

- Race doesn't exist

smh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3gaaynx3dU
    ? EMINEM
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ? can't be influenced by Eminem now without being ? or trying to appeal to whites?

Maaaaaaan, ? the internet.