Kanye West has 2 classic's! 1 was college dropout the other was...

Options
13»

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? and Hit girls is a dope song .... I never understood the hate .... the beat is ill as ? ...its funny ...and its true shut he's kicking on that ? ...

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I remember when I heard Big Brother for the first time on Hot97 in my weight training class. It was then I had to cop Graduation on the first week it came out. That track damn near made me feel like I was at a concert in a stadium. I loved it.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Late Registration- 5/5

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy- 5/5 lack of replay value ceases it from being "undeniable" classic

College Dropout- 4.75/5 too many skit and disjointed songs, a classic when it dropped if that makes sense b/c it was so refreshing nd a change of direction

808s- 4.5/5 i loved it. alot of people didnt when it dropped, i thgt that was exaggerated. a lot of opinion of those has changed over time. some hasnt...whatever

Graduation- 4.25/5 Kanye was always arrogant but bragging became his crutch here (and so forth). let his admiration of Wayne,Fab & Jeezy affect his lyrics and became his own version of a punchline rapper over the witty,self aware, intentionally funny/corny guy we knew. problem is Kanye is VERY hit or miss and with this style borders on corny a lot. that said the music and scope of it was dope. took hip hop & his career in a totally diff direction

in that order
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    Wayne's verse was garbage on Graduation. But I wouldn't use that as a point to take away from the album.

where as his entire existence on Hello Brooklyn brought the property value of American Gangster down
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when I heard Big Brother for the first time on Hot97 in my weight training class. It was then I had to cop Graduation on the first week it came out. That track damn near made me feel like I was at a concert in a stadium. I loved it.
    That hole album was made to be performed at large arenas. I remember seeing ye in concert during his glow in the dark tour and the best performances were songs of graduation.
    Stronger live is ? ill
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His first 3 and last album are all classics to me.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? and Hot Girls is lame as ? .
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dropout is his best album.... soulful and refreshing...
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? and Hit girls is a dope song .... I never understood the hate .... the beat is ill as ? ...its funny ...and its true shut he's kicking on that ? ...
    Real talk!!!

? must have not been listening to the lyrics. Because that ? was trill as ? . ye was exposing all these sexy chicks games in a fun song. Also mos def killed his part and that beat was sick as ? . The whole concept was dope. The track started out with them out on the town and towards the end they was looking for some ass. They hook up with the chicks and they start trying to run "hot girl" game and they end up ? . Kanye then describes all the typical B.S involved with this situation lol. ? don't realize this was just a fun song that was trill ? . Ye stay doing at least one or two songs like this on all his albums. workout plan, late, addiction(my favorite ye track), blame game, celebration, robo cop.

My ? yay said

Stop dancing with yo girlfriends and come dace with me/
    stop talking bout yo boyfriend since he is not me/
    stop running up my tab cuz these drinks is not free

I don't wanna drop your friends off, I just want you/
    You wanna sit down but we hit the drive through

? how many of yall aint never dealt with this or witnessed this multiple times? The bold occurs a lot lol.