So Romney just made Obama look flabby n sick during dat debate

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in The Social Lounge
Yup.

10.31 pm. Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama's meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look.

Obama looked tired, even bored; he kept looking down; he had no crisp statements of passion or argument; he wasn't there. He was entirely defensive, which may have been the strategy. But it was the wrong strategy. At the wrong moment.

The person with authority on that stage was Romney - offered it by one of the lamest moderators ever, and seized with relish. This was Romney the salesman. And my gut tells me he sold a few voters on a change tonight. It's beyond depressing. But it's true.

There are two more debates left. I have experienced many times the feeling that Obama just isn't in it, that he's on the ropes and not fighting back, and then he pulls it out. He got a little better over time tonight. But he pulled every punch. Maybe the next two will undo some of the damage. But I have to say I think it was extensive.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/10/live-blogging-the-first-presidential-debate-2012.html

CBS KN instant reaction poll: Big win for Romney. By 46-22 say think won, 56% have better opinion of Romney, Romney cares up from 30 to 63
@MysteryPollster via Tweetbot for Mac

???

You couldn't destroy this dude on Health Care??? His weak-ass excuse was "Well in Mass. it was bipartisan!" and you couldn't say nothin back???!? You couldn't talk about the months you wasted trying to win those ? support?!?!? You couldn't talk bout they memos saying "let's ? this deal?"?!?! ? YO ANNIVERSARY ? ! THIS THE FATE OF THE WORLD WE TALMBOUT. OBAMA PUTTIN ? IN FRONT OF THE COUNTRY. OBEEZY GET YO ? TOGETHER FOR THEM NEXT COUPLE DEBATES BRUH. YOU CAN'T DO THAT.....PASS THE STICKS BRUH

btw this ? was boring as ? too. i shoulda watched Sons of Anarchy instead

Comments

• Swiffness!
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    its gonna be like Tyson whooped a ? ass and still loss the fight by decision when the polls come out and mitt is still getting his ass handed to em...Obeezy got this...he got this so in the books i aint even gonna vote my ?

To be clear, I think Obama would've had to slap a white woman on camera for him to actually lose his leads in PA, Ohio, Virginia, Michigan, etc. But this should AT LEAST stop this overwhelming landslide momentum that was building. Until the next debate....or next Romney ? . Whichever comes first. If Obama had won, it might've convinced Rove n dem to start funneling money to downticket candidates instead of a losing Presidential campaign. (which would be a bad thing, so silver lining)

http://youtu.be/7AzmXeZgGS0
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    its gonna be like Tyson whooped a ? ass and still loss the fight by decision when the polls come out and mitt is still getting his ass handed to em...Obeezy got this...he got this so in the books i aint even gonna vote my ?

that mentality is dangerous. That can make Romney sneak in the White House if enough people believe in that.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    i think the mentality is that Romney's done a fair amount of damage to himself without Obama having to do much, so why ? with success? but people i know who love Obama think Obama was simply DIVINE tonight. make of it what you will.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to watch. But I think Obama knew Romney would come out super aggressive and would try to win everything in one night. He's just setting him up like MJ play with him fist few quarters and then hit him with the dagger.

On a sidenote, ? both these ? . Both of'em are puppets who are told what to do and say. Ain't no point in debating when they both are controlled by the corporations
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw most of the debate and I was deeply surprised by how tired Obama looked. Maybe he should campaign a little less from now on, Romney seemed to have way more energy and looked much more sharper than Obama did. Even if Romney wasn't 100% accurate on facts, Obama put up pretty weak counter points, especially when it came to the deficit and jobs. It could get uglier when it comes to the foreign policy debate in 2 weeks. Libya is beyond a disaster now, it's an embarrassment so Obama better prep up harder than this. No bias here, I'm disgusted with both candidates.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk Catchers Mitt showed me something tonight. He looked like he wanted it more. I was expecting him to get dominated tonight considering how charismatic and how much of a good speaker Baracka Flocka is and how viod of the facts Mitt's campain has been with all the lies. I was expecting Obama to drive that home and roost dude but he kinda didn't really attack. Mit out here winning debate polls over this man 70 to 30? Im not sayin Im finna go vote for Mitt cuz I dont trust that ? ...but from a strictly "Debate" standpoint, Mitt was kicking barack ass. Chiming in when Barack was talkin but Barack let the punk ass moderator (who I found to be annoying and Bias) stiffle him when it came time for Barack to do it to Mitt. Mitt was gettin his stephen A Smith tactics on, Barack shoulda said to his self"? this Mod, Im finna get him!" Ay Sion you need to sign Barack up for the reason debates bro so he can knock some rust off with his point making
    Having said that tho, Winning all the debates dont automatically mean you in trouble and gonna win the election Word to John Kerry
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did romney really win the debate by that much or is it more about the white guy on tv going against the black guy on tv. some people cant get passed the color fact.

i hate the fact that a man trying to help can be outdone by a man with no plan but is more convincing. this country is so damn dumb.

yo @sion, how much houses cost in canada?
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Werent both camps out prior to the debate and claiming that the opposition would win the debate? That said, most of the reps dont even like Romney. And if he fails, they will probably bring in Jeb Bush next time
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hopefully, once the dust settles and people begin to analyze the words spoken, people will see the masterful flip flopping and misdirection for what it is. Lets be real, this Romney's tactics was heart string hysteria with no real details. Dude would talk about numbers and then ramble and end up talking about his feelings.

I wonder if this ? is really burning Obama out though, cuz dude looked like he wanted to jump in the bed.

I'm surprised they weren't prepared for this. Romney used these same tactics when he ran for Governor. Assassinate Conservative Romney and dazzle with moderate Romney.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/03/obama-romney-debate_n_1937173.html
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If my memory serve me right. Bush Jr. lost the first debate with Kerry and won the thing regardless
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Hopefully, once the dust settles and people begin to analyze the words spoken, people will see the masterful flip flopping and misdirection for what it is. Lets be real, this Romney's tactics was heart string hysteria with no real details. Dude would talk about numbers and then ramble and end up talking about his feelings.

I wonder if this ? is really burning Obama out though, cuz dude looked like he wanted to jump in the bed.

I'm surprised they weren't prepared for this. Romney used these same tactics when he ran for Governor. Assassinate Conservative Romney and dazzle with moderate Romney.

President Obama looked totally exhausted. How could Obama talk about jobs hes created when they don't exist - how can Obama talk about things are getting better when things aren't getting better. Food prices keep rising,gas prices are rising again - his foreign policies aren't working....and the job market is looking very bleak & some folks want/believe 4 more years of the same will improve their lives for the better - ? Romney did well in this debate - but most within this country believe in Obamas direction for America & he will win. BIGGER government will solve people problems & for whatever reason to many believe in that mindset. One of my female cousins believes Romney is out to take away her civil rights.

• mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    did romney really win the debate by that much or is it more about the white guy on tv going against the black guy on tv. some people cant get passed the color fact.

i hate the fact that a man trying to help can be outdone by a man with no plan but is more convincing. this country is so damn dumb.

co-sign
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Romney talking does more for the Obama campaign than Obama talking to be honest.

Romney won because of what Obama didn't do. He had a ton of stuff to use but he didn't, Obama voters have been riding him on not throwing the house at Romney about comments he made but I think he was just letting Romney talk himself into positions he wouldn't be able to maintain later. Obama drew Romney more into the middle and away from the extreme positions he was holding before, you will see people notice that.

I agree Romney won the debate, but it seemed really rope a dope to me. Romney did successfully draw Obama into a conversation the majority of the watchers wouldn't understand but now Romney is on record as being a bipartisan centrist righty as opposed to the extremist he's been trying to portray.

On the surface Obama came to debate, he also had gotten used to those town hall meetings where he stand still and pontificate. Romney came to argue, in a genuine sense, he was on the attack all night and full of vigor. On the surface Romney looks like a winner but the guy who gets loud and shows the most energy isn't always right.

I may be wrong but Obama & Co. needed Romney to do more talking so they could have more ammunition later, he was trying to draw some specifics out of Romney and tie him down to one set of plans and ideas. Romney is proving to be very elusive however.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Part of me thinks that Obama is a strategist, and that this was a part of a plan to give Romney a boost of confidence in order to destroy him later. Obama answered with substance, Romney answered with canned rhetoric. Obama led Romney into the center and he followed him unaware of it even happening. Obama has allowed Romney to walk away with a smile on his face and his chest poked out, but If my guess is accurate, the next debate will crush Willard. Obama has given him a false sense of accomplishment and is waiting to blind side Romney with everything that he's ever said, including ? from that debate.
  • TheLaureate
    TheLaureate Members Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    Options

This has nothing to do with race. Republicans almost nominated Herman Cain, a FULL black man. Obama is half white.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2012
    Options

This has nothing to do with race. Republicans almost nominated Herman Cain, a FULL black man. Obama is half white.

Almost isn't actually, and that ? wasn't gonna happen. They threw that dude under a bus quick fast soon as he gained an early short lived lead.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »

President Obama looked totally exhausted. How could Obama talk about jobs hes created when they don't exist - how can Obama talk about things are getting better when things aren't getting better. Food prices keep rising,gas prices are rising again - his foreign policies aren't working....and the job market is looking very bleak & some folks want/believe 4 more years of the same will improve their lives for the better - ? Romney did well in this debate - but most within this country believe in Obamas direction for America & he will win. BIGGER government will solve people problems & for whatever reason to many believe in that mindset. One of my female cousins believes Romney is out to take away her civil rights.

I'm suprised your cousin even talks to you. I would disown yo wack ass.
  • TheLaureate
    Options
    Romney did a good job of at least bringing real economics into the debate. ? on Twitter feeds were complaining about math and wanting more fistfighting.

American viewers don't understand economics and yet theyre choosing who should be the decider of economic policy.

Of course Romney was wrong about some stuff, Gary Johnson refuted Romney and Obama quite convincingly on his online live commentary.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Herman Cain wasn't "almost nominated". Duke was out of the race early on.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THIS IS WHAT HAPPEN, ROMNEY came out and put THE WHIP to OBAMA'S BACK and OBAMA straighten up.......No more DIDDY BOPPIN, SMIRKING, TALKIN SLICK none of that ? ........
  • TheLaureate
    Options

Herman Cain wasn't "almost nominated". Duke was out of the race early on.

FALSE. I watched every single Republican debate over the past two years. Cain had hype since the first debate. They declared him the winner of the first debate. His momentum died down when Perry entered, then Perry flopped, Herman Cain was the number one pick for Republicans and was all over the media. He was on top until the ex-colleagues made sexual harrassment allegations and destroyed his chances.

So yes, Herman Cain would've won if it weren't for that.

• Swiffness!
    Options
    I saw most of the debate and I was deeply surprised by how tired Obama looked.
    dude looked like he wanted to jump in the bed[/b].
    heyslick wrote: »
    President Obama looked totally exhausted.

Did ya'll hear about Turkey and Syria? Hell yeah this ? was tired lol.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    obama got destroyed from a casual observers view however they were both light on facts
    mitt said none of his policies will aid the super rich however he has proposed to get rid of the estate tax which only effects those with 5.1 million dollars. also he said 23 million unemployed when the number is 12million unemployed 8 million under employed (working jobs which they are over qualified for) and 2 million not looking any more
    check out the cite
    http://factcheck.org/2012/10/dubious-denver-debate-declarations/
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His momentum died when he got involved in that sexual harrassment
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2012
    Options
    His momentum died when he cam with that silly 9 9 9/9 0 9 sim city plan and he talked about shark moats on the Boarder. He also failed when he was grilled on a news program and didn't even understand the topic he was asked about.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/herman-cain-doesnt-know-what-hes-talking-about/2011/03/04/gIQAPYVlCM_blog.html

The sexual harassment was the last straw. Everybody running in that primary was on top at a point.