Silver Surfer VS Superman?

Options
12346»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Supes can let 20quintillion tons I imagine mjolnir can't be much stronger than that amount of force. This argument is ridiculous...Superman basically one shotted hulk...hulk takes mjolnir to the face a number of times so now lets make the reference to that and say supes has more power than mjolnir. They are both variably strong but they have high feats of very similar levels. The argument is dumb for real.

Crossovers don't count unless we want to talk about how Supes lost to Venom. So him one shotting Hulk means nothing, and btw Mjornir has too.

20 quintillion tons<<<<<<<6.6 sextillion tons which is IIRC around how much the Earth weighs. Mjornir can bust a planet, aka around 6 or so sextillion tons of force. Also lifting 200 quintillion doesn't mean you punch with the force of 200 quintillion at all.

True most often punching power is usually greater than lifting power. There are flyweight boxers out there punching with 600 lbs of force. Those same guys can't bench 600 lbs.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Supes can let 20quintillion tons I imagine mjolnir can't be much stronger than that amount of force. This argument is ridiculous...Superman basically one shotted hulk...hulk takes mjolnir to the face a number of times so now lets make the reference to that and say supes has more power than mjolnir. They are both variably strong but they have high feats of very similar levels. The argument is dumb for real.

Crossovers don't count unless we want to talk about how Supes lost to Venom. So him one shotting Hulk means nothing, and btw Mjornir has too.

20 quintillion tons<<<<<<<6.6 sextillion tons which is IIRC around how much the Earth weighs. Mjornir can bust a planet, aka around 6 or so sextillion tons of force. Also lifting 200 quintillion doesn't mean you punch with the force of 200 quintillion at all.

True most often punching power is usually greater than lifting power. There are flyweight boxers out there punching with 600 lbs of force. Those same guys can't bench 600 lbs.

Yet there are people who lift/bench 600lbs yet can't punch with anywhere near that force.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn. Yall still going at it???

I thought that the general consensus in here was that SS takes it in a fight with Supes based offa straight up character skill set.

No curb stomp, but a decent margin of victory.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Yet there are people who lift/bench 600lbs yet can't punch with anywhere near that force.

Proof of that? I can post the source for my statement. Can you show me a guy that can bench 600 lbs and knows how to throw a punch but can't punch with anywhere near 600 lbs of force? 600 lbs of striking force isn't as much as you think. If a dude can lift 600 lbs, it's almost definite he can punch at least that hard given he has any technique whatsoever.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options

Proof of that? I can post the source for my statement. Can you show me a guy that can bench 600 lbs and knows how to throw a punch but can't punch with anywhere near 600 lbs of force? 600 lbs of striking force isn't as much as you think. If a dude can lift 600 lbs, it's almost definite he can punch at least that hard given he has any technique whatsoever.

Brock Lesnar is an example.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol @ Brock being an example of someone having good punching technique. But Brock has had the force of his punch measured, and it was less than 600 lbs? That's just sad. Considering some heavyweights can generate well over 1000 lbs of force with their punches.