What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official Natural Health Remedy Thread

Replies

• SunflowaSeedsSunflowaSeeds Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be top 10 unhealthiest person in the world if you don't include fat people.
    Chief Keef does NOT like fake shoes.
  • Bussy_Getta Bussy_Getta STFUPosts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do an Aluwaki rain dance under a full moon whilst whistling Jimi Hendrix and drinking Zimbabwean mud tea you will cleanse your system thoroughly and be healthy again.
    Bella has to record it tho :- ?
    Lou_Cypher
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coromega-Omega-3-Fish-Oil-Supplement-Orange-689269001067.jpg

^^if yall want to supplement fish oil, this stuff is the absolute shit
    VIBE
    If you do an Aluwaki rain dance under a full moon whilst whistling Jimi Hendrix and drinking Zimbabwean mud tea you will cleanse your system thoroughly and be healthy again.
    Bella has to record it tho :- ?

My 3 kitties are getting so big so fast!

3 KITTY'S WTF?!?!???

SW348_Xl.jpg

^^throw a tablespoon in your cereal or oatmeal everyday, great for cognitive function and other benefits, and it does not taste bad at all matter fact it taste good and adds a little something to your breakfast or salad or whatever you want to put it on
    VIBE
    Bella had 3 kittens yo like 3 months ago. I posted pics numerous times. I'll get you some update pics tomorrow, too lazy right now.
    I take panax ginseng tablets and green tea tablets. I also drink a cup of ginger and green tea everyday.

I started doing that when I wanted to lose alot of weight earlier this year and I just kept it up ever since!

you boil the ginger yourself or is there a supplement you buy?

• blackjack2012blackjack2012 Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Great thread I'm learning alot in here
    41duIShd4pL._SS500_.jpg

If your a miserable fuck, you probably need more Gaba in your life
    Bella had 3 kittens yo like 3 months ago. I posted pics numerous times. I'll get you some update pics tomorrow, too lazy right now.

I'll just stalk your posts and find them :-)
    I take panax ginseng tablets and green tea tablets. I also drink a cup of ginger and green tea everyday.

I started doing that when I wanted to lose alot of weight earlier this year and I just kept it up ever since!

you boil the ginger yourself or is there a supplement you buy?

I buy it from Amazon,it's kinda spicy but you get used to it.
    DO IT
    027434006637.jpg

^^promotes cognitive function, respiratory function, and nervous system function as well as mood balance, if you want the real thing eat a can of sardines.
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ginger also helps with motion/morning sickness.
    MD_PROPER
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im going to gnc when i get off cause im digging this thread
    I'm gonna be buying a shit load of ginger lol

Influenza, commonly known as the flu, is a contagious respiratory illness that can cause fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache and extreme fatigue, according to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. Rest and time are the best cures for the flu, but certain foods may help speed healing.
    Chicken Soup

Soups

Chicken soup, nicknamed nature’s penicillin, is an age-old remedy for curing the flu. In 2000, Nebraska Medical Center researchers put chicken soup to the test to see if it actually works and concluded that it fights the flu in two ways. First, chicken soup acts as an anti-inflammatory by inhibiting the movement of immune cells that boost inflammation, which can contribute to sneezing and a runny nose. The researchers also concluded that chicken soup speeds up the movement of mucus, possibly relieving congestion.

Citrus Fruits

Oranges, grapefruits and tangerines are rich in vitamin C, which helps build immunity, says Beth Reardon, director of integrative nutrition at Duke University Integrative Nutrition in Durham, North Carolina. A stronger immune system may help you recover from the flu more quickly. Citrus juices contain just as much vitamin C. But be sure to choose 100 percent fruit juice without added sugar. “Too much sugar can suppress immunity,” says Reardon.

Ginger

Ginger is believed to ease flu symptoms, such as headaches and muscle aches, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. Ginger is a popular cooking spice and can be made into tea. Add a teaspoon of shredded fresh ginger to four ounces boiling water and let it steep for five minutes. Ginger can also be found in ginger bread, ginger snaps and ginger ale.

Yogurt

Probiotics, the healthy bacteria in yogurt, may help cure the flu by enhancing the immune system, according to the Mayo Clinic. In a 2008 study of preschoolers published in the medical journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, probiotics reduced symptoms of respiratory infections by up to 63 percent. The probiotics species Lactobacillus seems to be most effective, says Reardon. At the very least, make sure the yogurt label says “live and active cultures,” which means probiotics.

Curry

Curry powder, which is used to make curry, contains the herb turmeric. Preliminary scientific findings suggest that turmeric may have anti-inflammatory properties, according to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, part of the National Institutes of Health. “Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory that can help relieve the congestion and sneezing of the flu as well as some over-the-counter medicines,” says Reardon. Curry powder can be found in many Indian dishes.

Water

Water will help cure the flu by loosening mucus and preventing dehydration, according to the American Academy of Family Physicians. Plus, cold fluids can help lower a fever. Frozen pops and slushy drinks will also help relieve the misery of the flu by hydrating the body and bringing down a fever, notes Reardon.

Detox Foods

1. Fruits

Fruits are high in liquid-content, helping the body wash out toxins. They are also very easy to digest and are high in antioxidants, nutrients, fiber and important vitamins.

2. Green Foods

Fill your refrigerator with blue green algae, barley, wheatgrass, kale, spinach, spirulina, alfalfa, chard, arugula or other organic leafy greens. These plants will help give a chlorophyll-boost to your digestive tract.

Chlorophyll rids the body of harmful environmental toxins from smog, heavy metals, herbicides, cleaning products and pesticides. They also aid the liver in detoxification.

3. Lemons, Oranges, and Limes

Citrus fruit aids the body in flushing out toxins and jump starts the digestive tract with enzymatic processes. Lemon juice aids the liver in its cleansing processes. To increase detoxification, start each morning with a warm glass of lemon water.

Remember, vitamin C is one of the best detox vitamins around, as it transforms toxins into digestible material. Eat vitamin c foods often to help get more of these benefits.

4. Garlic

This pungent little bulb is one of the best detoxing foods out there. It helps stimulate the liver into producing detoxification enzymes that help filter toxic residues from the digestive system. I recommend adding sliced or cooked garlic to a suitable dish, as this will help aid any detox diet.

5. Broccoli Sprouts

Extremely high in antioxidants, the ability for broccoli sprouts to stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract is unparalleled. The sprouts are actually more effective than the fully-grown vegetable.

6. Green Tea

Packed full of antioxidants, green tea washes toxins from the system via its liquid content, but also contains a special type of antioxidant called catechins, which are known to increase liver function.

7. Mung Beans

The mighty mung bean has been used by Ayurvedic doctors for thousands of years. It is incredibly easy to digest, and absorbs toxic residue on the sides of the intestinal walls.

8. Raw Vegetables

Best for juicing or eaten raw: Onions, carrots, artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, garlic, beet, turmeric, and oregano. The combination of these foods will help your liver purge toxins during the cleansing process. These are high in naturally occurring sulphur and glutathione. Sulphur helps the liver detoxify harmful chemicals.

9. Seeds and Nuts

Incorporate more of the easily digestible seeds and nuts into your diet. Flax seed, pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, Siberian cedar nuts and sunflower seeds are all excellent options. While detoxing, avoid nut butters.
    10. Omega-3 Oils

Use hemp, avocado, olive oils or flax seed oil while detoxing. This will help lubricate the intestinal walls, allowing the toxins to be absorbed by the oil, and eliminated by the body.

Performing a periodic body cleanse may also be beneficial. Do you have any suggestions for foods that detox the body? If so, please drop them in the comment section below. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

-Dr. G
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azad wrote: »
    You do not have to mix the ginger or the ginseng with honey or cinnamon, and you do not have to boil them either. The reason I recommend to boil them is because both of the roots are way too spicy, and almost impossible to eat, so boiling it will take most of the spice out, and on top of that, you can have natural ginger and ginseng tea to enjoy for a while.

There are two reasons why I say put them in a jar full of all natural honey. The first reason is because again, both herbs are spicy and the sweet honey can cancel out most of the nasty spice. But thats not the only reason. It's also because of all the benefits of honey. Honey is proven to be a natural antiseptic, helps tissue aiding, fights infections, has natural anti oxidants, and is a great source of energy, and thats all from the top of my head. So, eating the spoon of ginseng, which also gives natural energy and raises stamina, mixed with honey before a work out will help out a lot.

The reason I say to add cinnamon is because cinnamon is one of most beneficial things to put in your body. It basically has a benefit for every part of your body. From what i mentioned before about it helping boost cognitive ability and memory, to beings a blood thinner, to lowering cholesterol, to being a source of iron calcium magnesium and more, to helping prevent cancer, and again, thats just off the top of my head because it does so much more.

I been using these two mixtures everyday for the past year, and I can honestly say it helps a lot. The reason I first looked into ginger was because I wanted something to regulate my food digestion because I was always eating out, and an hour or so after eating, my stomach would always start hurting. Thats how I discovered ginger. And to be honest, I felt the effects of it in an hour after first eating it. For like 2 weeks, I took the biggest shits because of it, and it was all because it was cleaning and regulating my digestive tract. With that said, you have to be careful eating them because if you eat too much, it will give you some epic shits.

When you cut the ginger and the ginseng, cut them as big as your nail, and no thicker then your thumb. When you go to eat them, I usually eat them early morning, only put one piece on your spoon, and that piece will last you all day. Don't eat any more because it will cause complications.

With all that said, of course, ginger and ginseng are seperate concoctions, dont put them in the same jar, make sure they both got their separate jars, with the honey and cinnamon.

Ginger can be easily found in any grocery story, when you get it, you have to peel it, and then boil it, ginger however is much harder to find and much more expensive. You can get it online, but I usually just go to this asian grocery store and get it there.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

By supplementing it I meant going to a gnc and buying ginger in pill form, obviously not as effective as eating it natural but a lot easier and you still get good benefits

I might actually try this, but i'm confused as to how you cut it, are you saying cut it so it matches the top of your thumb? Basically peel the ginger root, boil it for a half hour, cut a bunch of pieces about as thick and wide as the top of your thumb, throw it in a jar of organic honey and let sit for 2 weeks, and eat one piece every morning, sound about right?

I don't trust pills so I've never tried a ginger pill but I'm sure it works. but the ginger mixture I described also has honey in it, which is extremely beneficial, plus it the cinnamon which might even be more beneficial then the ginger. When I have a piece of the ginger in the morning, on an empty stomach, I feel it taking effect, I don't know if a pill will do the same.

Also, ginger is easier to find and much cheaper then ginseng, so if you can its better to start with the ginger even though they do different things.

And the best way to do it is the same way you described. if you buy two pieces of ginger from the store, it'll take about an hour to prepare, and last for at least a month.
    its....JOHN BVIBE
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hells yea yogurt bitch!

Bully_PulpitblakfyahkingVIBE
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 67,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    lol @ some of you same faux natural ass niggas smoke..drink till you throw up.. but shit them berries cure colds.. and red bull gives you wings..

If you practice what you preach then props but if you are one of those ..that fuck up during the week and "goto church" so to speak on Sundays you arent doing anything
    R.D.
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also some things to stay away from. There are things in our natural day to day diet that causes our immune system to weaken. The most prevalent ones are sugar and caffeine. I'm not exactly sure what the reason behind it was, so if someone looks it up it would be appreciated, but I believe sugar actually suppresses the immune system, and causes your white blood cells to be less active, which of course means that, your immune system slows down. The reason why caffeine effects your immune system is because coffee dehydrates the body of water, and everyone knows how you need to drink lots of liquids (water is better then anything else) for your immune system to function correctly.

Substituting brown sugar for white sugar helps big time. And when it comes to caffeine, if you drink water, 1.5 times the ounces of coffee you just drank on top of your regular amount, it'll balance out.
    im going to gnc when i get off cause im digging this thread

nah bro, shop on amazon, gnc is a rip off
    VIBE
    Azad wrote: »
    Also some things to stay away from. There are things in our natural day to day diet that causes our immune system to weaken. The most prevalent ones are sugar and caffeine. I'm not exactly sure what the reason behind it was, so if someone looks it up it would be appreciated, but I believe sugar actually suppresses the immune system, and causes your white blood cells to be less active, which of course means that, your immune system slows down. The reason why caffeine effects your immune system is because coffee dehydrates the body of water, and everyone knows how you need to drink lots of liquids (water is better then anything else) for your immune system to function correctly.

Substituting brown sugar for white sugar helps big time. And when it comes to caffeine, if you drink water, 1.5 times the ounces of coffee you just drank on top of your regular amount, it'll balance out.

that reminds me brown rice/whole grain bread>>white rice/white bread, white bread and rice lose almost all of there nutrients during the milling process