What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official Natural Health Remedy Thread

Replies

• VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AmotekunAmotekun Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CHia seed sare a good find. Godd lookin out....Fed.
    tumblr_mob49dKdjE1r0bbnbo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mljib4JBUr1s5xurzo1_500.gif

VIBEMissK
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's this talk about @vibe being a fed?
    VIBE wrote: »
    Paranoia.

no the correct term is reasonable suspicion.

• AZTGAZTG Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @amotekun explain your suspicion bruh. I was about to post my problems with the pharmaceutical companies and how their pills cause more harm then good and ways to avoid it naturally, but now I might just keep that to myself.
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azad wrote: »
    @amotekun explain your suspicion bruh. I was about to post my problems with the pharmaceutical companies and how their pills cause more harm then good and ways to avoid it naturally, but now I might just keep that to myself.

Let it be known, even if he was a fed which I doubt whats he going to do? Not like its top secret information

Its just a gut feeling.

• JungzJungz God's Son PhillyPosts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • sullysully Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

what specific drugs do you have a problem with and what drugs do you think cause more harm than good?
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,642 Regulator
    testing
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
  • ptnutzptnutz Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so much to learn here.
    Benefits of Almonds

The health benefits of almonds include getting relief from constipation, respiratory disorders, cough, hearth disorders, anemia, impotency, and diabetes. It also helps in hair care, skin care (psoriasis), and dental care.

Found in places like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Israel, almond is a very nutritious nut. It is a rich source of vitamin E, calcium, phosphorous, iron and magnesium. It also contains zinc, selenium, copper and niacin. Almonds contain the most nutrients in comparison to all other nuts.

Both sweet and bitter almonds are available. Usually, sweet almonds are edible and bitter almonds are used to make almond oil, which is used to add flavor to food. Almonds are usually eaten raw, but people also add them as ingredients in salads. Almond milk is a delicious drink.

You can eat almonds directly, preferably eat it empty stomach to ensure absorption of their nutrients. You can soak them in water overnight and eat in the morning. You can also garnish various dishes with crushed almonds.

Almonds are also known to have great medicinal value. Few of the benefits of almonds are given below.

Good for brain: Almond is a source of many nutrients which help in development of the brain. Almond induces high intellectual level and has been considered as an essential food item for growing children. Many mothers give almonds soaked in water to their children daily in the morning (2-3 pieces of soaked almonds are good enough, you can also remove the outer shell if it causes allergy to you.

Regulates cholesterol: Regular consumption of almonds helps to increase the level of high density lipoproteins (HDL) and reduce the level of low density lipoproteins (LDL), thereby effectively controlling cholesterol levels. LDL cholesterol is called bad cholesterol.

Good for heart: Mono-saturated fat, protein and potassium contained in almonds are good for the heart. Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant and reduces the risk of heart diseases. The presence of magnesium in almonds helps to avoid heart attacks. Almonds help reduce C-reactive protein which causes artery-damaging inflammation. Almond is also a source of folic acid. They therefore help to reduce the level of homocystein, which causes fatty plaque buildup in arteries.

Skin care: The benefits of almond for skin care are well known, and hence a massage with almond oil is often recommended for new born babies. Almond milk is also added in some soaps as almonds help in improving the complexion of the skin.

Regulates blood pressure: Potassium present in almond helps to regulates blood pressure. Almonds are very low in sodium which also helps in containing blood pressure.

Prevention of cancer: Almond improves the movement of food through the colon, thereby preventing colon cancer.
    Protection against diabetes: Almonds also help in reducing the rise in sugar and insulin levels after meals. This offers protection from diabetes.

Good in pregnancy: Almond contains folic acid. Folic acid helps to reduce the incidence of birth defects in newborn babies.
    Weight loss: Unsweetened almond milk helps one to reduce weight. The mono-saturated fat contained in almonds satisfies appetite and prevents over-eating. Studies have revealed that almond rich low calorie diet is good for obese people to assist in shedding their weight.

Prevention of constipation: Almonds are rich in fibre. Like most other fibre rich food, almonds also help in preventing constipation. Make sure you drink good amount of water after eating almonds.

Boosts energy: The presence of manganese, copper and Riboflavin helps in energy production.
    One avoids the risk of Alzheimer's disease by consuming almonds. But just like any other food, even almonds have their cons. They contain oxalates and excessive oxalates can cause crystallization. So people having kidney or gallbladder problems should avoid eating almonds.
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tore my bicep in sparring. The doc has me on Naproxen and 8 to 12 weeks of rest. Shit feels awkward not doing anything; no push ups, pull ups, punching, or curls. Anyone have any home remedies for faster recovery?
    Bustin a new nut on @R.D's moms collarbone everyday.
    ice and heat is the only thing I know.
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pGNC1-2331788t300x300.jpg

^^supports a healthy prostate function, also knows to stop hairloss and promote hair growth, I doubt anyone has an enlarged prostate yet on ic but for those that want to stay ahead of the game

I will be getting some of this this week for my cycle....
    Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH

tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
    its....JOHN B
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    p188_1.jpg

What is hawthorn berry and what does it do?

Hawthorn (also scientifically known as Crataegus species) is a tiny shrub or tree that is a part of the rose family. In the Middle Ages it was hung over doorways to help deter evil spirits. In the America’s in the 1800's doctors found some of the herb’s medicinal advantages – treatment of circulatory disorders and respiratory illnesses began with hawthorn berry.

The hawthorn berry is concerned to be a “cardiotonic” type of herb or tonic, with the berries and flowers of the hawthorn plant being used to treat heartbeats that were irregular, high blood pressure, chest pain, heart failure, and hardening of the arteries. This is why the hawthorn plant is commonly used to improve the strength of the heart.

What are the benefits of taking hawthorn berry?

Centuries away from it’s original use of deterring evil spirits, a lot of medical professionals prescribe hawthorn to help in the fight against heart disease. In addition, it’s used to keep blood pressure at a minimum, as well as high cholesterol.

Heart failure – The primary focus of hawthorn to combat heart related illnesses. Many studies have been performed that have study the effects of hawthorn berry on patients with heart failure – heart failure being described as the situation in which the heart is unable to pump enough blood around the body. A total of 4 studies have shown that hawthorn berry has been able to drastically improve heart function. Hawthorn has also been able to increase a patient of heart failure’s ability to exercise.

One study that was performed showed that 900 milligrams of hawthorn extract a day, if taken for 2 months, was nearly if not as effective as a leading heart medication, capropril, when it came to improving symptoms of heart failure.

Today, many health care professionals use hawthorn to help protect against heart disease and help control high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

Atherosclerosis – Studies have shown that the hawthorn plant contains some antioxidant properties that are beneficial in helping protect against the creation of plaques. This refers to the build up of fatty platelets and materials inside blood vessels, potentially causing a stroke – also known as atherosclerosis. Buildup of plaque along the vessel walls will thin out the oxygen-rich blood that the heart receives, causing angina (chest pain), and eventually heart attacks. Plaque that builds up within the brain has the ability to cause a stroke.

Chest pain – Preparations of hawthorn berry have demonstrated the ability to help fight angina. One study has showed that 60 patients diagnosed with angina were given a placebo or 180 milligrams of hawthorn berry extract for 3 weeks – the individuals that received the preparation of hawthorn were able to exercise longer due to improved blood flow to the heart.

Who can benefit from taking hawthorn berry?

Individuals that were diagnosed with a myriad of heart related conditions may possibly benefit from supplementing with hawthorn berry. However, hawthorn berry should never be taken in substitute of proper professional medical help and diagnosis. If you believe you have a heart related medical condition and have yet to seek treatment or diagnosis, please do so immediately.

How much hawthorn berry should I take?

There are no studies showing the effects of hawthorn berry usage in pediatrics. Therefore, it should not be taken by children unless otherwise prescribed.

To decrease symptoms of heart failure in adults you should take 160-900 milligrams daily for at least 6 weeks, standardized to 2-3% flavonoids or 18-20% oligomeric procyanidins. Alternatively, 120-240 milligrams 3 times a day for at a minimum of 6 weeks, standardized to 1.8% vitexin rhamnoside and 10%. Of course, always follow the label directions found on the supplement you’re taking.

Does hawthorn berry have any side effects?

The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) grants hawthorn with a class 1 safety rating, which basically means that it’s one of the safest herbs on the market. While side effects are rare, they may occur and can include nausea, palpitations, and a headache.
    Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH

tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
    VIBEits....JOHN B
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natures_path_Qia_Superfood_-_Chia_Buckwheat_Hemp_Cereal_Original_Flavor.jpg

couldnt find just straight up organic chia seeds so I copped this today to throw in my cereal, been eating chia seeds ever since I read about them on here
    VIBE
  • DOPEdweebzDOPEdweebz What title? www.facebook.com/DOPEdweebzPosts: 29,350 Regulator
    If you're gonna take vitamins take "liquid" vitamins. They usually look like a bottle of cough syrup but are not. The concept behind liquid vitamins is that your body will break down the liquid more safely into ya vital organs. A pharmacist peeped me on that game. I also love Vitamin water (a bottle a day). I love the Glow GLACEAU Vitamin water due to the %50 Vitamin E anti oxidant, but get what best fits your need. Bottled water is a must too, preferably distilled. I'll post some more knowledge later.

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-battle-rap-zone
    Karma es verdad.
    VIBE
  • indyman87indyman87 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Bentonite Clay is said to be good for colon cleansing. I took it and also unintentionally lost weight. They also make it in liquid form.
  • indyman87indyman87 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Today I think the biggest obsticale to good health is sugar. A recent huffington post article and a program on pbs this past weekend both says that it's bad for your health. The PBS program said that sugar leaves sall deposits in your body that could eventually lead to arthritis.
    VIBE
  • There's been a new discovery with amazing health benefits, reversing cancer, etc., in record time. Its marine phytoplankton. Its what most ocean life eats. Ive ordered some. Are any of yall familiar with it? There are 2 videos on YouTube about it.
  • King_MOEbraKing_MOEbra Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chew ginger root like it's gum; very delicious. I take one ginger root vitamin a day, along with Zinc and One A Day for Men.
    13434780_1743884425901195_1057805004825867569_n_zpscgc4wve5.jpg

FB_IMG_1477512302926_zpsafv7xnjd.jpg
    VIBE
    There's been a new discovery with amazing health benefits, reversing cancer, etc., in record time. Its marine phytoplankton. Its what most ocean life eats. Ive ordered some. Are any of yall familiar with it? There are 2 videos on YouTube about it.

Post it. @ranchwheatthin