Why is it a BIG deal to be a "black conservative"?

Options
2»

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    FuriousOne

Thanks for avoiding the negative & proving my point. If any said white person does another minority wrong the media jumps ALL OVER that issue - BUT if any minority does wrong the media avoids said issue for fear of being labeled - or if they do bring the truth about said issue - out comes the racist rhetoric/bigotry and so on and on and on - SO the powers that be just avoid the topic entirely & THE REAL truth never gets told. IMO the media protects minorities across the board & in particular AA people. Kind of ironic and hypocritical of you to claim otherwise, when in fact it happens within said site and it does happen within society as well.

Don't try to act like our perceptions of what is negative are the same. I'm talking the negative events that were perpetrated on a people and the residual effects and your quickness as a people to avoid that topic but point fingers at us regardless. This site deals with all sorts of topics, but you focus exclusively on the negative and you interject a constant stream of racism in all most subjects. That's irony. It is in your opinion because the media loves to point out all the stuff that minorities do and your idea that the media is protecting minorities has nothing to do with the justice system being completely biased. Black folks are always used as examples of why to eliminate a system. We are the go to scapegoats. It's ironic for you to give call my hypocritical when you just said it was in your honest OPINION. I didn't know your opinions past as facts that everybody should cherish.

UN-like you, most people would rather eliminate the negative and accentuate the positive. Don't try in spin this to fit YOUR narrative. FYI I have compassion for folks who are down on there luck for whatever reason - but if they refuse to GET UP, seriously how can said person ever better themselves in the long run? now if they pass that mindset onto to their children and they develop the same kind of mentality...SERIOUSLY just how long can society be expected to take care of them?

NOW IMO the current administration is trying to make people feel like bigger government will help them live that kind of life/existence. Is that the direction you want? personally I don't feel America can survive for much longer if we go in that direction.

If you don't learn from your history, you're doomed to repeat it. I would rather hold on to my history and use it as a foundation to build my community. You wouldn't notice a black person bettering themselves if you wrote a diary about their daily achievements. You are a person that only interjects negative perceptions into who black people are, and what they are about. It is the conditions that your people place us in that is passed on to our children and as i said, soon as we attempt to build your people come and destroy by various means. I guess welfare recipients having to work for a measly welfare pittance isn't getting up to you, but i call it a stepping stone to make it out of a struggle; or just survive, and feed their kids, and work for them to do better. But you seem to think that is most of black society the way you like to parade around with those facts. The current administration is attempting to make government work for the people as intended. Obama has actually been eliminating waste. And example is the 716b in Medicare savings that your homies are misinterpreting as cutting services and coverage.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    FuriousOne

Thanks for avoiding the negative & proving my point. If any said white person does another minority wrong the media jumps ALL OVER that issue - BUT if any minority does wrong the media avoids said issue for fear of being labeled - or if they do bring the truth about said issue - out comes the racist rhetoric/bigotry and so on and on and on - SO the powers that be just avoid the topic entirely & THE REAL truth never gets told. IMO the media protects minorities across the board & in particular AA people. Kind of ironic and hypocritical of you to claim otherwise, when in fact it happens within said site and it does happen within society as well.

Don't try to act like our perceptions of what is negative are the same. I'm talking the negative events that were perpetrated on a people and the residual effects and your quickness as a people to avoid that topic but point fingers at us regardless. This site deals with all sorts of topics, but you focus exclusively on the negative and you interject a constant stream of racism in all most subjects. That's irony. It is in your opinion because the media loves to point out all the stuff that minorities do and your idea that the media is protecting minorities has nothing to do with the justice system being completely biased. Black folks are always used as examples of why to eliminate a system. We are the go to scapegoats. It's ironic for you to give call my hypocritical when you just said it was in your honest OPINION. I didn't know your opinions past as facts that everybody should cherish.

UN-like you, most people would rather eliminate the negative and accentuate the positive. Don't try in spin this to fit YOUR narrative. FYI I have compassion for folks who are down on there luck for whatever reason - but if they refuse to GET UP, seriously how can said person ever better themselves in the long run? now if they pass that mindset onto to their children and they develop the same kind of mentality...SERIOUSLY just how long can society be expected to take care of them?

NOW IMO the current administration is trying to make people feel like bigger government will help them live that kind of life/existence. Is that the direction you want? personally I don't feel America can survive for much longer if we go in that direction.

If you don't learn from your history, you're doomed to repeat it. I would rather hold on to my history and use it as a foundation to build my community. You wouldn't notice a black person bettering themselves if you wrote a diary about their achievements daily. You are a person that only interjects negative perceptions into who black people are and what they are about. It is the conditions that your people place us in that is passed on to our children and as i said, soon as we attempt to build your people come and destroy by various means. I guess welfare recipients having to work for a measly welfare pittance isn't getting up to you, but i call it a stepping stone to make it out of a struggle. But you seem to think that is most of black society the way you like to parade around with those facts. The current administration is attempting to make government work for the people as intended. Obama has actually been eliminating waste.

I've NEVER said one shouldn't know about their history - to dwell in/ on it constantly is another story/issue. If you truly knew anything about me IE I've mentioned that I've worked with and around lots and lots of black people - so Y should I just lay down and ignore those black folks who had gumption and did make there lives better? in spite of the negative factor that you seem to cater to & hide behind. If this election goes in Obama's favor - then the line has been drawn....bigger government and personal responsibility goes out the window - so will those who want all that Obama money & gas put in there cars and there mortgages paid be happy? feel free to spin it any way necessary OR as the old saying goes by any means necessary. BTW I conceded long ago IE COLLECTIVE SALAVATION will now be part of Americas constitution - in the pursuit of happiness means nothing.....in your world you probably consider that remark racist? right along with every other word that doesn't fit your narrative.

• Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2012
    Options
    FuriousOne

If you don't learn from your history, you're doomed to repeat it. I would rather hold on to my history and use it as a foundation to build my community. You wouldn't notice a black person bettering themselves if you wrote a diary about their achievements daily. You are a person that only interjects negative perceptions into who black people are and what they are about. It is the conditions that your people place us in that is passed on to our children and as i said, soon as we attempt to build your people come and destroy by various means. I guess welfare recipients having to work for a measly welfare pittance isn't getting up to you, but i call it a stepping stone to make it out of a struggle. But you seem to think that is most of black society the way you like to parade around with those facts. The current administration is attempting to make government work for the people as intended. Obama has actually been eliminating waste.

I've NEVER said one shouldn't know about their history - to dwell in/ on it constantly is another story/issue. If you truly knew anything about me IE I've mentioned that I've worked with and around lots and lots of black people - so Y should I just lay down and ignore those black folks who had gumption and did make there lives better? in spite of the negative factor that you seem to cater to & hide behind. If this election goes in Obama's favor - then the line has been drawn....bigger government and personal responsibility goes out the window - so will those who want all that Obama money & gas put in there cars and there mortgages paid be happy? feel free to spin it any way necessary OR as the old saying goes by any means necessary. BTW I conceded long ago IE COLLECTIVE SALAVATION will now be part of Americas constitution - in the pursuit of happiness means nothing.....in your world you probably consider that remark racist? right along with every other word that doesn't fit your narrative.

I wonder if those black folks you work with know how you really feel? Do you let them know that you post on this site? You do ignore those folks because you don't mention them unless you need to play that card to show you are down with the blacks except for when you post here. I've argued with white people about the opposite outcomes of our shared history irl, have you? You do a lot of that here. If anybody caters to anything, you cater to your persona on this site and and you never drop character. Only other convo i saw that didn't involve your blatant\Veiled obsession on race was when you mentioned that girls in high school said that you had bed room stalker eyes.

Again, are welfare workers meant to be scorned for earning their pittance? I don't want to know anything about you and as I've said before, you already present yourself very clearly on this site. How am i hiding behind negativity if it's the truth? I'm hiding behind the truth of your peoples historically negative actions? Interesting. Seems you know a lot about me and my success since you coming to so many conclusions. But you generally come to those conclusions about black people on this site so, I'm not surprised. lol. And yes, that's all your opinion on Obama.. And we know what that's worth. Bolding your words doesn't give them credibility, and constantly cynically quoting statements by black leaders who struggled to end the oppression of their people is very telling.
  • heyslick
    Options
    FuriousOne

I've said this before about the kiss theory.

You seem to have it ALL figured out and have me pegged - so why should I defend myself? WELL guess what? I'm not going to - you and those who want America to go in one direction will win - & those who want America to be more like that nation that helps those who truly need the help & believes in the pursuit of happiness as the right direction for America - I believe in the latter - so be happy with the forward thinking folks, me and mine will survive whatever direction America goes.

BTW working with and around black folks Y would they wanna bring up so much negativity? so whenever I see the constant rhetoric about black folks don't have this or that & ? about practically everything and every topic within - it makes me wonder are black people thankful for anything that this country has done for them.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2012
    Options
    FuriousOne

I've said this before about the kiss theory.

You seem to have it ALL figured out and have me pegged - so why should I defend myself? WELL guess what? I'm not going to - you and those who want America to go in one direction will win - & those who want America to be more like that nation that helps those who truly need the help & believes in the pursuit of happiness as the right direction for America - I believe in the latter - so be happy with the forward thinking folks, me and mine will survive whatever direction America goes.

BTW working with and around black folks Y would they wanna bring up so much negativity? so whenever I see the constant rhetoric about black folks don't have this or that & ? about practically everything and every topic within - it makes me wonder are black people thankful for anything that this country has done for them.

Figure yourself out. That's not my job. Nobody has to be thankful to you and yours for your past and current transgressions. I bet those black folks you work around don't even talk to you. Do those welfare workers deserve that pittance for their hours of work? Your definition of happiness could be playing with your feces so id not fantasize about a false reality built on lies. Also, you should read the dozens of other conversations going on here, you seem to have tunnel vision and can only see one thing going on in here other then hiphop. And maybe you don't realize it but you on here pointing out negativity so i guess you enjoy swimming it regardless of your accusations. If you feel like you not gonna get no wins under Obama or amongst us negative black folks, then why you keep posting here?
  • heyslick
    Options
    Funny! I'm gonna have less and less to do with black folks in general REAL SOON - thanks for showing the real side of to many black Americans of today - they don't be beholding to anyone. Brother to be honest,I just ignore most of the black people I come in contact with - thanks for showing casing those issues. BTW I'll be gone real soon & if by some remote chance that Obama doesn't win - I think I'll leave this site anyway - I've seen about all of the real side of some black people I CAN TOLERATE.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IronWord wrote: »

The purpose of a community is to supply these things. The donor and the beneficiary are supposed to form a relationship and move toward mutualistic existence. The welfare state alienates the donor from the recipient resulting in a relationship where the recipient feels no obligation to the donor.

The left seem to recognize this with corporations getting benefits or rich kids getting a trust fund but when it they have to apply the same logic to the poor they simply don’t do it. The poor are somehow exempt from the same behavioral principles as the rich.

And welfare does erode the value of your community. We have many people rioting and destroying their own communities, particularly whites in Europe during the early stages of austerity implementation. Why would somebody destroy their own community, because it offers them nothing. The state has tried to play the role of community leader and as such it’s destroyed families by making the father unnecessary, because the pregnant woman can just make a claim on the state and doesn’t need a father. These two forces have created endless desolation in the inner cities and the rural sht holes of America.

Safety nets are and where always handled locally and the Fabians and FDR era progressivism distended the social structure so much that there is simply no need for social commerce between individuals as all interaction can simply be mediated by the powerful state as if it was a ? .

We didn’t evolve with a state, how is it we were able to survive without one? I’ts simple, the safety net was handled locally and this is simply a better system as it forces the donor and the recipient to be in contact with other. It humanizes the plight of the recipient to the donor and it demonstrates to the donor where the funds and aid are coming from and puts a face on them.
    The welfare state obfuscates this exchange.

Said it better than I ever could.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    this is probably the most fruitful discussion ive ever scene on this forum

yeah it's pretty interesting/enlightening imo.

ay heyslick, you may not be aware of it, but you do seem to have tunnel vision. nobody here is advocating rewarding laziness. we're just acknowledging the fact that there are "legitimately" and significantly disadvantaged peoples. do you not care about these people?

p.s. It just occurred to me that you don't seem like the type to enjoy hip hop music, so my question is why are you even on this site? I'm not asking this because I want you gone. I welcome any and everybody for their different perspectives. I'm just curious. It would, however, make sense if you were 5-0 or if you were a ? disturber.

p.s.s. If you do enjoy hip hop music, who do you like?
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem I have with Black conservatives is the same problem I have with all conservatives and at times liberals to, and that's the undying loyalty to their side, like the ones that still defend the Bush administration, or the black conservatives that look past racist comments or actions of white conservatives like uncle tom ass ron christie.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    The problem I have with Black conservatives is the same problem I have with all conservatives and at times liberals to, and that's the undying loyalty to their side, like the ones that still defend the Bush administration, or the black conservatives that look past racist comments or actions of white conservatives like uncle tom ass ron christie.

Truth, truth, truth. That has always been my major beef with not just Republicans, but with all political parties and their stans. I think that this is one of the major things that's killing America. And it's not just politics. It's life. If you're so blinded by hatred, pride, and stubborness to the point in which you can't even bring yourself to agree with the opposite side when the opposite side says something that happens to be true, then you're a child.

"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it." - Malcolm X. Not an entirely relevant quote, but you get the point. Just switch "patriotism" with an ideology of your choice.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    The parties have always been unique in their goals with Republicans favoring big business and small regulation. Democrats in the North and South were different only on their stance on slavery but were always about workers rights.
    i don't know; at the very least, i think T.Roosevelt would want to weigh in on this one
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    The parties have always been unique in their goals with Republicans favoring big business and small regulation. Democrats in the North and South were different only on their stance on slavery but were always about workers rights.
    i don't know; at the very least, i think T.Roosevelt would want to weigh in on this one

Yeah, that dude was all over the place. But it was T.Roosevelt. He gave no ? .
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Conservative support the status quo don't they?
    Isn't the status quo largely built around the lower class, which has a lot of black folks in it, getting the shaft?
    Why would black folks support that?

Not to mention the fact that republicanism and conservatism are intertwined, and both follow the ruthless philosophy of Ayn Rand. If you are getting a ? opportunity in life solely because you were born into the lower class, why would you support a political stance that thinks you are not entitled to some aid to help improve your chances of success?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah, that dude was all over the place. But it was T.Roosevelt. He gave no ? .
    i mean, you don't get to tell a bull moose what to do, right?

i think i would say not "worker's rights," but organized labor, since i think that's what Republicans (including TR, if i recall correctly) tend to end up opposing.