so is it safe to say Goku/Vegeta on supersaiyan 4 would get there ass whooped by Thanos?

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the end argument is that the DBZ universe isn't really that strong in comparison to Marvel and DC....

so basically any top tier character in either would wreck the entire dbz universe....

? ? me the ? off, cuz i to this day cannot picture kal-el ? with goku...
    but whatever....
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    the end argument is that the DBZ universe isn't really that strong in comparison to Marvel and DC....

so basically any top tier character in either would wreck the entire dbz universe....

but whatever....

so top tiers in Marvel and DC are walking around with the power to casually destroy planets?
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

but whatever....

so top tiers in Marvel and DC are walking around with the power to casually destroy planets?

Define top tier. Do you mean abstracts? Cause that's more universe busting. If you mean Thor, Hulk, etc. then yes they walk around with planet busting abilities. Casually.
  • jaxn
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    jaxn wrote: »

but whatever....

Define top tier. Do you mean abstracts? Cause that's more universe busting. If you mean Thor, Hulk, etc. then yes they walk around with planet busting abilities. Casually.

top tier are characters like Thor and Superman. I didn't ask if they had planet busting abilities..are they walking around with the power level to casually destroy planets..key word casually..without exerting nowhere close to their top level of power.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The argument has shifted to DBZ being an overall weaker universe than Marvel or DC. With that being said let's say that planet busting is relative to the strength of the universe. Which means that an Earth in a DBZ universe is comparatively weaker than a Marvel or DC earth and requires substantially less power than say a Marvel or DC multiverse Earth.

If Goku were to come to the Marvel Universe he would find himself among a host of many energy manipulators and energy absorbers that not only drown out his power but can absorb whatever he throws at them.

Likewise if a Marvel or DC character went to a DBZ univserse they would have to seriously dampen their pwoers as the properties of that universe whatever they are made of are not as dense, or strong or withstanding as what they are used to.

If Goku gets thrown through the air I bet he is not crackin open mountains as easily as he is in his own universe.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    The argument has shifted to DBZ being an overall weaker universe than Marvel or DC. With that being said let's say that planet busting is relative to the strength of the universe. Which means that an Earth in a DBZ universe is comparatively weaker than a Marvel or DC earth and requires substantially less power than say a Marvel or DC multiverse Earth.
    faulty logic. if anything DBZ earth would be greater because a guy like Krillin would be top tier in Marvel/DC.
    If Goku were to come to the Marvel Universe he would find himself among a host of many energy manipulators and energy absorbers that not only drown out his power but can absorb whatever he throws at them.
    again faulty logic. so do all of these energy manipulators drown out Thanos' power? Do they just absorb whatever Thanos throws at them? Do they absorb things Odin throws at them?
    Likewise if a Marvel or DC character went to a DBZ univserse they would have to seriously dampen their pwoers as the properties of that universe whatever they are made of are not as dense, or strong or withstanding as what they are used to.
    based on what exactly?
    If Goku gets thrown through the air I bet he is not crackin open mountains as easily as he is in his own universe.

this doesn't make any sense..so in your mind you want to weaken Goku to fit into your ideology that Marvel and DC Earth are stronger?
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    maybe a DBZ Character would be weaker in a Marvel Unives
    but going by the same logic, how would a Marvel character's power dampen?
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Amo, you could go that route, but i don't see the basis for it. There is no reason to believe that DBZ earth is less dense than either Marvel or DC earths.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    @jaxn I dont have to make goku weak the inconsistent writing does all that. Dont blame me, blame akira toriyama.

Aint no way you have enough bone density and froce to withstand and crumble mountains on a consistent basis but you struggle to lift a 12 story building. Whaaaa somethin not right.

The laws and physics of the DBZ universe are weak and inconsistent much more so than in Marvel. One second you can breath in space another you cant.

Krillin is gettin merced if he comes to the Marvel universe. Rogue is gonna snatch his powers and ? it back out.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Damn ? would end up as frogs in an ice cube...how anticlimatic
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Them DBZ ? are on a whole nother level. But that's just how they were written to be. I think it's horrible to compare the two but IMO I think DBZ or Goku & Vegeta >>> Thanos. If you had brought up a celestial being or maybe Scarlet Witch or Franklin Richards I'd give you that but Thanos ? Nah I just don't see it *shrugs*.

And I just wanna say also, just because we've never seen Goku & Vegeta blow up a solar system/galaxy, doesn't mean it isn't possible for them to do so. Yo from a viewer's perspective that ? even sounds ridiculous. I'd say tho, if they have the ability to blow up a planet with relative ease then they probably have the ability to blow up a galaxy or solar system as well. Thanos is cool and all but invincible he is not.

It can be said that Cell or Majin Buu all had very similar abilities as Thanos and yet none of them beat Goku...

This is how ? would end up:

annihilationsilversurfemi9.jpg
    annihilationsilversurfegj7.jpgannihilationsilversurfekt9.jpg

Frieza once uttered similar words...

B... no. For one thing, Thanos, Goku, Vegeta>>>Scarlet Witch and Franklin Richards in a fight as they have regular human reaction feats and are far too slow to get anything off in a fight.

Second, there are at are 8 planets, tons of moons, and 1 star (1million x a planet) in one solar system. Destroying a planet is related to destroying a solar system like beating the local kid at your high school at basketball is to beating Kobe.

And Galaxies are worse. They have millions if not billions of solar systems in them. No one in DBZ is getting close to destroying either. You're wrong. Period. No one in DBZ made it past destroying a planet or past hypersonic speeds. They are weak.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »

its apples and ? raisins , its a terrible comparison its a universe who's story has ended written by one man compared to a universe who's continuity is consistently changing and being rebooted and written by hundreds of writers who all have a different idea on how the same characters react,act etc. Now would Super Saiyan 3 Goku be able to beat the First version of Superman yes is he beating the superman that all of sudden could reverse the rotation of the earth and all the crazy ? that was added to his character in his almost 80 years of his existence no .
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So in essence, Lex Luthor can transition over to the DBZ universe and miraculously whoop Goku's ass bare handed cause he's from DC. Batman can throw a cape on and kick box with a ? that teleports, blows up planets and even a ? name buu that can turn him into chocolate and eat him.

Supes is faster than teleportation too. Spiderman can stop Goku in webs. Punisher can shoot Vegeta in the head. Cool beans bruh.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Everything works in scales.

• Sour-Cream
    Options
    Capsule technology >> Stark or Lex tech.
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    So in essence, Lex Luthor can transition over to the DBZ universe and miraculously whoop Goku's ass bare handed cause he's from DC. Batman can throw a cape on and kick box with a ? that teleports, blows up planets and even a ? name buu that can turn him into chocolate and eat him.

Supes is faster than teleportation too. Spiderman can stop Goku in webs. Punisher can shoot Vegeta in the head. Cool beans bruh.

No Marvel's stronger cause they have stronger people than DBZ. If Goku went to Marvel, he would keep his powers, he would just simply be lower than his own universe since there are 140000 people stronger than him.

If Luthor went to DBZ, he'd be a regular human with no super powers till he put his suit on. It's an easy transition, inconsistencies or not.
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Them DBZ ? are on a whole nother level. But that's just how they were written to be. I think it's horrible to compare the two but IMO I think DBZ or Goku & Vegeta >>> Thanos. If you had brought up a celestial being or maybe Scarlet Witch or Franklin Richards I'd give you that but Thanos ? Nah I just don't see it *shrugs*.

And I just wanna say also, just because we've never seen Goku & Vegeta blow up a solar system/galaxy, doesn't mean it isn't possible for them to do so. Yo from a viewer's perspective that ? even sounds ridiculous. I'd say tho, if they have the ability to blow up a planet with relative ease then they probably have the ability to blow up a galaxy or solar system as well. Thanos is cool and all but invincible he is not.

It can be said that Cell or Majin Buu all had very similar abilities as Thanos and yet none of them beat Goku...

This is how ? would end up:

annihilationsilversurfemi9.jpg
    annihilationsilversurfegj7.jpgannihilationsilversurfekt9.jpg

Frieza once uttered similar words...

B... no. For one thing, Thanos, Goku, Vegeta>>>Scarlet Witch and Franklin Richards in a fight as they have regular human reaction feats and are far too slow to get anything off in a fight.

Second, there are at are 8 planets, tons of moons, and 1 star (1million x a planet) in one solar system. Destroying a planet is related to destroying a solar system like beating the local kid at your high school at basketball is to beating Kobe.

And Galaxies are worse. They have millions if not billions of solar systems in them. No one in DBZ is getting close to destroying either. You're wrong. Period. No one in DBZ made it past destroying a planet or past hypersonic speeds. They are weak.

Really tho ? Stronger than Franklin Richards even ? I thought the kid Frankie had Galactus shook and I was under the impression Galactus was stronger than Silver Surfer and Thanos. Keep in mind I'm not very well versed on current day Marvel. The comics I got are dated back to the early-mid 90s LOLOL. I still got them Xmen 2099 joints looololol.

Hey man, I'm not really tryna argue fam :( , I really don't know if it's possible to say whether or not they can or can't destroy a solar system *shrugs* I've never read about Thanos doing it either but I'm not gonna doubt him at all. I'm a Dragonball stan so by default I'll defend Goku and em LOL.

No, not stronger than Franklin Richards. His total power and abilities are beyond all of them. The difference is that he's too slow and has slow reflexes like that of a human. Same with Scarlet Witch. Thus Goku, Vegeta, Thanos, etc. can blitz them before they use any of their powers.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    So if Thanos could whip Goku/Vegeta ass on ssj4 that means that in the new avengers. NYC will be totally obliterated and looking like the book of Eli when they fight. Also I expect to see Thanos, doing IT and throwing punches at 1000 per second. I didn't know dude was that powerful though.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    That also means he's gonna be fighting like Omega Shenron.
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    you DBZ heads are a trip
    how you go compare something mortal to something ? like?
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    So if Thanos could whip Goku/Vegeta ass on ssj4 that means that in the new avengers. NYC will be totally obliterated and looking like the book of Eli when they fight. Also I expect to see Thanos, doing IT and throwing punches at 1000 per second. I didn't know dude was that powerful though.

No he won't do any of that. It's a movie. Same way Hulk was weaker than usual, same way Thor didn't use his super speed or his hammer's true abilities or just take the nuke to his face, Thanos won't fight at true power. Movie incarnations are always 100x weaker than actual comic book parts when dealing with top tier Marvel Earth heroes and villains.

• Doctopian
    Options
    Omega Shenron and Majin Buu aren't exactly mortal, and "? like" isn't exactly as impressive as you would think.
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    you cant compare Buu or Omega Shenron to Thanos
    just read up on dude
    you cant compare DBZ characters to him
    dude can alter reality right?
  • Doctopian
    Options
    And Thanos recent showing in Avengers Assemble doesn't help either.

I'll amend what I said earlier, Thanos only advantages over the Saiyans are raw strength and durability. Energy projection definitely favors the Z characters based on feats. Of course, their energy output is counter productive due to their questionable durability and need to breath.
  • intlhak
    intlhak Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Options
    Doctopian wrote: »
    And Thanos recent showing in Avengers Assemble doesn't help either.

I'll amend what I said earlier, Thanos only advantages over the Saiyans are raw strength and durability. Energy projection definitely favors the Z characters based on feats. Of course, their energy output is counter productive due to their questionable durability and need to breath.

However, the z characters will have to charge their energy projectiles for at least a minute to be powerful enough to hurt thanos and I don't see him waiting for them to charge it up. Plus the saiyins need to fight powerful enemies would work against them. They eat attacks just for the sake of seeing if it would hurt them and thanos would load up on them with that oppurtunity.