so is it safe to say Goku/Vegeta on supersaiyan 4 would get there ass whooped by Thanos?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    intlhak wrote: »
    Doctopian wrote: »
    And Thanos recent showing in Avengers Assemble doesn't help either.

I'll amend what I said earlier, Thanos only advantages over the Saiyans are raw strength and durability. Energy projection definitely favors the Z characters based on feats. Of course, their energy output is counter productive due to their questionable durability and need to breath.

However, the z characters will have to charge their energy projectiles for at least a minute to be powerful enough to hurt thanos and I don't see him waiting for them to charge it up. Plus the saiyins need to fight powerful enemies would work against them. They eat attacks just for the sake of seeing if it would hurt them and thanos would load up on them with that oppurtunity.

The charge up times are inconsistent. When a new attack is introduced, it tends to have a longer start up time; but if the character has used it for a while, then they can charge it up rather quickly. For example Vegeta's Final Flash took forever against Cell, but he threw it out in seconds against Goku.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back to the power level argument, I believe that Vegeta's power level was equal to Perfect Cells and Ultra SSJ Trunks was higher yet Cell walked both of them easy. The power level isn't truly indicative of the fighters abilities and just their optimum output if anything they would have to lower their PL to sustain energy to optimally use the full range of their abilities and durability.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what would a scouter read if thanos walked in front of it....
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »

It'd blow up. Or if you take into consideration the powerlevels of the likes of vegito (over 100 x10^16), if it was an infinite scouter, it'd read something like 100x10^50 or maybe even more if you take into consideration his durability, strength of his energy blasts, and physical strength.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the crazeist thing about marvel being >>>>dbz univerese is that.. roshi, krillin, yamcha were human beings.....

and i'm taking krillin over spider man any day of the week.. ? krillin over wolverine, cyclops, caps, a whole lotta ? ...
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    the crazeist thing about marvel being >>>>dbz univerese is that.. roshi, krillin, yamcha were human beings.....

and i'm taking krillin over spider man any day of the week.. ? krillin over wolverine, cyclops, caps, a whole lotta ? ...

Well, Goku base>>Krillin. Goku base strength = 40 tons. Krillin is waaay weaker than half of Goku's strength, while spiderman at 20 tons is exactly half of Goku's strength. Just saying.

Also Cyclops's blasts could do damage to Krillin and there are humans like Franklin Richards, Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey, Dr. Doom who will or can stomp the humans AND Saiyans in DBZ.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Krillin would ? all of those guys. He'd be a low end top tier in Marvel.
  • jaxn
    Options

there's no way of knowing since Marvel doesn't operate the same as DBZ.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Back to the power level argument, I believe that Vegeta's power level was equal to Perfect Cells and Ultra SSJ Trunks was higher yet Cell walked both of them easy. The power level isn't truly indicative of the fighters abilities and just their optimum output if anything they would have to lower their PL to sustain energy to optimally use the full range of their abilities and durability.

Neither of their power levels were greater than Cell's, he was just toying with them. Cell didn't show his true power level until he began fighting Gohan.

• smittysmith
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

Neither of their power levels were greater than Cell's, he was just toying with them. Cell didn't show his true power level until he began fighting Gohan.

He definitely wasn't toying with Goku, he wasn't technically at 100% but he was putting out near max.
  • intlhak
    intlhak Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    cell got that saiyan power boost from the sensu bean goku gave him before his fight with Gohan
  • jaxn
    Options

He definitely wasn't toying with Goku, he wasn't technically at 100% but he was putting out near max.

He was toying with him. That's why he was laughing after Goku unleashed the insta kameha wave at him. Goku was strong enough to make it a good fight though which is all Cell was looking for. I'm not saying that Goku didn't make it tough for him but Cell didn't unleash his full power until he fought Gohan.
  • smittysmith
    Options

He was toying with him. That's why he was laughing after Goku unleashed the insta kameha wave at him. Goku was strong enough to make it a good fight though which is all Cell looking for. I'm not saying that Goku didn't make it tough for him
    but Cell didn't unleash his full power until he fought Gohan.

You may be right it's been a while I know they toyed with each in the beginning then they both made increase of PL, Cell was lying about going 100% though.

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all mugs go vote for that battle between me @cain1
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • jaxn
    Options

He was toying with him. That's why he was laughing after Goku unleashed the insta kameha wave at him. Goku was strong enough to make it a good fight though which is all Cell looking for. I'm not saying that Goku didn't make it tough for him
    but Cell didn't unleash his full power until he fought Gohan.

You may be right it's been a while I know they toyed with each in the beginning then they both made increase of PL, Cell was lying about going 100% though.

yep and that sig is dope