CM Punk - Best In The World Documentary

Options
2»

Comments

• s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to John Morrison not being around, would Punk and Ziggler be where they're at now?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks to John Morrison not being around, would Punk and Ziggler be where they're at now?

yeah , John Morrison has ? on his name dawg after the whole Melina situation he was never going to get a big push after that .
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    john morrison had the "look" and was good in the ring... but he was ass on the mic
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    john morrison had the "look" and was good in the ring... but he was ass on the mic

I wouldn't even say he was that
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »

I remember when they were trying to compare him to Shawn Michaels
  • Dupac
    Options
    dude did some sick kapor ? once where he got thrown out the ring on a royal rumble or battle royal, but he jumped on the barricade..then jumped back in the ring... ? was pretty funny....

but kofi trumped it when he landed on his hands and walked back tot he ring doing a hand stand
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Morrison should have been in the main event. Punk couldn't be denied anymore, besides dude was already a 2x WHC on Smackdown.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    morrison was great, was a fan since i saw him on tough enough, only problem was he was wack on the mic and i can count on my hands how many times he actually hit starship pain, other than that, just as good as a shelton benjamin
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My respect for punk just skyrocketed. ...this documentary is a must see
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Punk has won The ECW Title once, World Title 3 times, World Tag Team Titles with Kofi Kingston once, WWE Title twice, won Money in the Bank twice, IC title once and he is the 19th Triple Crown Champion, not to mention he is 6th longest reigning champion of all time and the longest in the previous 25 years.

All he needs to do now is win The Royal Rumble and King of The Ring and he will be one of the elites.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KOTR doesn't exist anymore, but if it did, it'd be goat to see Punk win.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I'm guessing Punk has a title drought in 2013 and wins the rumble next year
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    KOTR doesn't exist anymore, but if it did, it'd be goat to see Punk win.

That's what I'm saying, they need to bring that back and Punk should win it

• jono
    Options
    He got to the finals of one of the last KOTR events, lost to William Regal. I'm sure he will win the rumble eventually...
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't watch wrestling anymore haven't in a long time, checked this out off this thread....while it was good, I can't ? with duke...seems corny to me...they try to make this dude out to be GOAT in ring like bret and controversial like Austin....but I'm not buying it
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I grew up on attitude era...stopped for years...listened to Vibe suggestion about this dvd...GOAT Dvd i think cm punk is one the only dude that would make me get into wresting again nh...id just have to get all caught up n all this ? again
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    I grew up on attitude era...stopped for years...listened to Vibe suggestion about this dvd...GOAT Dvd i think cm punk is one the only dude that would make me get into wresting again nh...id just have to get all caught up n all this ? again

punk was why i started watching again, i didnt see the first pipebomb live, a friend of mine linked to it on facebook the day after but i started watching again that summer
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »

punk was why i started watching again, i didnt see the first pipebomb live, a friend of mine linked to it on facebook the day after but i started watching again that summer

I had actually just starte watching again, I was flipping through and my son wanted to watch WWE, so I allowed him. ? didnt have my attention, I watched the RAW in full that Punk dropped that promo and I was shocked at the ? he was saying.. I was back into wrestling that night.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never really stopped watchin, just fell into being a casual fan(miss a raw here or there, never watch smackdown) but for some reason a lot of the time b4 that pipe bomb seems like i did stop watching, i be having a hard time remembering some ? that happened
  • Max.
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »

Yeah i havent watched raw or anything yet barely got the dvd goqt match was wrestlemania w money m bank ladder match morrison jericho benjamin punk carlito
  • Max.
    Options
    I think john morrison has talent..but his gimmick was corny af...he was like shawn michaels x disco inferno...n he trained in my city(wiki)
  • Dupac
    Options
    crazy thing is i got back into wrestling right around when nexus went ham....? was just sooo unexpected....
  • jono
    Options
    I fell off on wrestling back in 03 (HHH ran me off he was making me sick) but I came back in 2005 (and HHH was STILL the champion smh) but I'd heard they had a dope ass Elimination Chamber in late 2004 and I wanted to see it (the match was awesome) and I've been back in since.

I fell into a lull though, partially watching, not paying attention but I was already a Punk fan from the Straight Edge Society days when he did that promo...it was crazy how many former wrestling fans had it on FB, was texting me asking me who duke was 'n ? .