No love for Gambit?

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ShencotheMC
    X-position on the future of Gambit and some preview pages for this upcoming issue(Please don't post those pics because I'm trying to have this new issue be as fresh to me as possible)
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44821
  • ShencotheMC
    Another great issue of Gambit. This series has just gotten better and better
    gambit2012011_dc11_lr_0001.jpg

Sad news though: Rumor has it that Gambit is scheduled to end at 18. Now it's only a rumor and we don't know whether this is because Marvel wants to do another mini reboot to keep up with DC's phases, but it is what it is. This book got little to no promo, the character's been getting ? on for yours prior to this, and Marvel is on avengers ? right now. Hopefully Gambit can get some run on another title, but if Gambit is gonna be only on Astonishing, this might be the end of Remy Lebeau getting any real type of run. Lame ass nerd writers hating on the 90's
  • ShencotheMC
    Issue 11 was amazing, is the rumors true about Gambit ending with issue 18?

Asked by danterandel

I can tell you that is not a true report. But we are planning a new status quo for Remy. Any more specific answers will have to wait until my bosses (Marvel) see fit to say. (In the interest of my future employment)

Whew
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gambit is a real ?

He smashed Rogue country ass
  • ShencotheMC
    Gambit #12 is in the books and the closing chapter on Joelle and Tombstone's arc has been written
    [img]http://i.annihil.us/u/? /marvel/i/mg/6/10/5182d34c7a7a2/detail.jpg[/img]

A little bit of a step down from the previous issue, but it was still straight. What we did possibly get a sense of is this new status quo that Asmus was talking about. Rogue asked Gambit if he wanted to be an Avenger and he said he'd think about it. Now idk about that, but hey it is what it is. 13 comes out in two weeks and it looks like he may be trying to steal some Starktech for what happend to Fence in issue 12
  • ShencotheMC
    @JamesAsmus August solicits let the cat out of the bag, so I can say - "Yes, our GAMBIT series will end with #17. 13 issues later than most expected."

Well this sucks.

@JamesAsmus For the record, my denial of the @bleedingcool rumor was never a lie. Because they said we were ending at 18.

@JamesAsmus We still have a lot of surprises and swagger in store for you. And we'll be ramping up to a big choice for Remy as to what's next.
    Asked by offcenterfold
    Posted 2 hours ago
    Gambit's one of the best -- if not the best -- comics I'm reading right now. You and Mann are the absolute perfect duo to handle him. Who do I get mad/sad at for it coming to an end in September?

Asmus:
    It was an unlikely book that performed better than they expected. I’d rather we all be happy that we got to do as much of it as we have!
    Asked by lunaris1013
    Posted 2 hours ago
    I just read the August solict for Gambit and it says "penultimate issue." Is the book ending at #17? I know that's a longer solo run than he's ever had, but... No! I don't want it to end!

Asmus:

Well he did have one that went 25 issues (!) but we are the second-ranking run

But I think we should all be thrilled that we got 17! No one expected Remy to last as long. Happy we could prove the haters wrong!

crying-gifs-supernatural-1360368319.gif
    On the real though...? Marvel
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    It's crazy that the series did better than expected but is still cancelled.

Well hopefully, if nothing else, this will lead to Gambit being treated better as a character in the near future.
  • ShencotheMC
    It's crazy that the series did better than expected but is still cancelled.

Well hopefully, if nothing else, this will lead to Gambit being treated better as a character in the near future.

Wishful thinking with Marvel. Idk what's gonna happen now tbh. Ain't really no teams besides Secret Avengers I could see dude joining where they'd actually show him some respect.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Yeah, he'd work well on that team though. Did they cancel X-Force, because I could see him there too. Or he could bounce around making guest appearances for a while. He was actually pretty good in X-23's book as a supporting character.
  • ShencotheMC
    Yeah, he'd work well on that team though. Did they cancel X-Force, because I could see him there too. Or he could bounce around making guest appearances for a while. He was actually pretty good in X-23's book as a supporting character.

Which X-force? Cable and X-force or Uncanny X-Force with Storm and Psylocke?
  • The Lonious Monk

The latter. Gambit has always had a good relationship with Storm.
  • ShencotheMC

The latter. Gambit has always had a good relationship with Storm.

Which hasn't been explored in years. Last time Gambit and Storm were seen together was that one-shot against them Vampires back in 2010. Their relationship hasn't been as close as it used to be, but that would be a good idea.
  • ShencotheMC
    Gambit week over on CBR if anyone is on that forum
  • ShencotheMC
    ? is hilarious how much Fantomex is a carbon-copy of Gambit. Dude is a blatant rip-off, from being a thief, to the french swag, to even the trench coat.

Anyways Gambit is ending on issue 17, but Asmus has said he'll be in a book in the 2nd phase of Marvel Now. So maybe next time we see Gambit will be in like January since Astonishing X-men is being rebooted as well.
  • The Lonious Monk
    That's unfortunate because the series is good, but I can't say I'm surprised.
  • ShencotheMC
    That's unfortunate because the series is good, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Yea I mean ? forbid Marvel promote it. But anyways this series was just a tool to reintroduce the character to the masses because he's supposedly going to play a big part in the next book he's in. Idk what book that is, but I'm thinking it might be a new X-factor
  • The Lonious Monk
    Anybody check out issue 16. It was pretty good. It's disappointing that it's going to end next issue because it seems like there is a lot more they could do with the story.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2013
    Gambit #13
    [img]http://x.annihil.us/u/? /marvel/i/mg/8/c0/51914a6cdaf20/detail.jpg[/img]
    Gambit #14
    [img]http://i.annihil.us/u/? /marvel/i/mg/8/e0/51c1c2e445cf3/detail.jpg[/img]
    Gambit #15
    [img]http://x.annihil.us/u/? /marvel/i/mg/9/90/51dc6534eb67e/detail.jpg[/img]
    Gambit #16
    [img]http://i.annihil.us/u/? /marvel/i/mg/a/c0/5212698971135/detail.jpg[/img]
    Gambit #17
    [img]http://x.annihil.us/u/? /marvel/i/mg/6/20/523222f828dcb/detail.jpg[/img]
  • ShencotheMC
    Imma drop my review of the whole series later
  • The Lonious Monk
    It turned out good. I liked it. I read that they wanted to do more interesting things with the series but got shut down. As it is, it was still a good series.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gambit will be in the All-New X-Factor in January.
  • The Lonious Monk
    I guess that fits him. That's basically the team of rogues and antiheroes anyway.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astonishing-X-Men_60-674x1024.jpg
    2945529-06.jpg

so, nightcrawler is back from the dead?
  • ShencotheMC
    Astonishing-X-Men_60-674x1024.jpg
    2945529-06.jpg

so, nightcrawler is back from the dead?

Nah, that's the Nightcrawler from the Age of Apocalypse universe...but the 616 Nightcrawler might be coming back too