Does Anyone Know Anything More About The Roots' New Album, ?uestlove Tweet in July &TYSYC

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in The Essence
Back in July, ?uestlove announced on Twitter that a new album was in recording with the initials &TYSYC. Since then, very little has been said *as far as I'm aware* with regards to this album…

Over the past two years, The Roots have released two critically acclaimed albums in the late months of the year… I'm hoping that 2012 will be no different…

Anybody heard anything since?

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont remember even hearing about them working on a new album. Ill look into it and see what i find.
  • Lou Cypher
    Just pulling up the same things you just posted. Only thing extra im finding is Quest saying the album will be more Up Tempo.
  • RuffDraft
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Just pulling up the same things you just posted. Only thing extra im finding is Quest saying the album will be more Up Tempo.

Props Lou, it's a bit disappointing that it's gone cold on that front… hopefully they'll spring it on us like last year!
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know nothing about it yet except that quest said it was going to have a different sound than the last few records they have been putting out ....... all i know is ? will be a instacop ...they have been so damn consistant especially the past 3-4 albums
  • Lou Cypher
    Co sign, they got a great discography, cant say theres an album i didnt like.
  • RuffDraft
    i dont know nothing about it yet except that quest said it was going to have a different sound than the last few records they have been putting out ....... all i know is ? will be a instacop ...they have been so damn consistant especially the past 3-4 albums

They are the 'hip hop Gods' to me... Nobody, not even Kendrick Lamar, has had the heat they've had in the past two years, it's incredible considering how long they've been around.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maaaaan ..

Every The Roots album from now on is being copped without even reading a review or ? like that

Undun solidified their iconic status for me as a great musical force and that tribute they did for J. Dilla on Game Theory was ill

Heavily anticipating their next joint
  • underground AnR
    underground AnR Members Posts: 55
    just heard they are sposed 2be dropping 2 albums in 2013.. i'm hoping they both sound completely different f/ each other
  • RuffDraft
    just heard they are sposed 2be dropping 2 albums in 2013.. i'm hoping they both sound completely different f/ each other

Shame it's not another late December release!! Any idea as to any other details??? Where'd you hear this?
  • Sweat jones
    Sweat jones Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    Where is the dangelo album
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    41b-ZCwh0qL.jpg

1. Walk Us UPTOWN
    2. SUGAR Won't Work
    3. REFUSE To Be Saved
    4. WAKE Me Up
    5. TRIPWIRE
    6. Stick Out Your TONGUE
    7. Come The MEANTIMES
    8. (She Might Be A)GRENADE
    9. CINCO Minutos Con Vos
    10. VICEROY'S Row
    11. Wise Up GHOST
    12. If I Could BELIEVE
    13. My New HAUNT
    14. Can You HEAR Me?
    15. The PUPPET Has Cut His Strings

" ..it's a moody, brooding affair, cathartic rhythms and dissonant lullabies. I went stark and dark on the music. Elvis went HAM on some ole Ezra Pound sh*t." -- Ahmir ?uestlove Thompson

September 17, 2013