Hugo Weaving and Michael Bay

Options
Dr.Chemix
Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Hugo Weaving's view on his voice over role in Transformers
"In one way, I regret that bit. I don’t regret doing it, but I very rarely do something if it’s meaningless. It was meaningless to me, honestly. I don’t mean that in any nasty way. I did it. It was a two-hour voice job, while I was doing other things. Of course, it’s a massive film that’s made masses of money. I just happened to be the voice of one of the iconic villainous characters. But, my link to that and to Michael Bay is so minimal. I have never met him. I was never on set. I’ve seen his face on Skype. I know nothing about him, really. I just went in and did it. I never read the script. I just have my lines, and I don’t know what they mean. That sounds absolutely pathetic! I’ve never done anything like that, in my life. It’s hard to say any more about it than that, really." -Hugo Weaving

You can read M. Bay's comments and the rest of the article, courtesy of IGN, here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/18/transformers-michael-bay-strikes-back-at-hugo-weaving

If you don't know who Hugo Weaving is, his memorable role is Agent Smith from The Matrix