The Official WWE Hell In A Cell 2012 Thread

123457»

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    lmao yo thats hilarious, I'm not mad at that....

please let ziggler cash in, doesn't make sense probably but ? it.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    uhh ohh they climbing
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    THAT CELL LOOKS BIG AS HELL
  • da_enforcer
    da_enforcer Members Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Well thats a good way to end the streak and keep Ryback strong at the same time.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well....that was unexpected
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that ref shol wasnt there b4 the referee controversy either
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i aint watching, can yall tell what wha happened at the end???????
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna play this off as Heyman hiring the ref to do that ? I bet, but I can't hate the WWE for the direction they went with it. Ryback still looks strong and if you remember this wasn't the original match they had planned, they planned for Cena to fight Punk so ? probably got changed a lot once he got injured
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    punk needed to keep the title for the rumble, we all knew that. this was a good way of keeping ryback "a monster".
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow at the ending so, is the ref with them or what?
    That's the same ref that gave Punk the win against Cena.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    im cool wit the ending, surprising, yet not the bad surprise i was thinking might take place
  • da_enforcer
    da_enforcer Members Posts: 257 ✭✭
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Ryback was about to hit Shellshock on Punk and the ref low blowed him and made the fast count. After that Ryback snapped and destroyed the ref and hit Shellshock on Punk on the top of the cage.
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    kj_da_midwest_mobsta Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭
    the refs a "paul heyman guy"
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Ryback was about to hit Shellshock on Punk and the ref low blowed him and made the fast count. After that Ryback snapped and destroyed the ref and hit Shellshock on Punk on the top of the cage.

aight cool, thanks, just read the results, ? made sense
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheamus got knocked the ? out. That cm punk and ryback match was only 12 minutes long they should had made it atleast 20 minutes.
  • realreeltalk
    realreeltalk Members Posts: 8
    I new ? was going to go down with punk
  • realreeltalk
    realreeltalk Members Posts: 8
    Let's see Zigger cash in mib now
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see Zigger cash in mib now

i would of lol'ed if he did on top of the cell. that would of been dope.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Pm me for the replay
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Just nasty
    untitled-2hbfny.gif

got dayum

942571_o.gif
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read this, I like the idea at the end of the article, would be the best thing to happen to the WWE in a LONG time.

The fact that WWE Champion CM Punk beat Ryback at Hell in a Cell to retain the WWE Championship wasn't all that surprising, but the manner in which he did it certainly was. Even so, the WWE did what it had to in terms of making both men look strong.

Although some thought that the WWE might capitalize on Ryback's momentum and give him the belt, the prevailing notion was that Punk would win due to some kind of interference. Brock Lesnar was the obvious name because of his relationship with Paul Heyman and the fact that a big pay-per-view in Survivor Series is on the horizon, but he didn't play a role.

Instead, it was referee Brad Maddox who shocked the WWE Universe by preventing Ryback from hitting Punk with his finisher. Maddox nailed Ryback with a low blow and helped Punk pin Ryback's shoulders to the mat for the three-count. Perhaps it wasn't the ideal result that fans were looking for, but the WWE essentially booked its way out of a straight jacket.

Because John Cena was unavailable to face Punk due to his elbow injury, the WWE had no choice but to put Ryback in his spot, as his fan support dictated it. Punk needed to retain the title, though, as he is the likely opponent for The Rock at Royal Rumble, while Ryback had an undefeated streak that I'm sure the company wanted to maintain.

Ryback technically lost the match, but he has a pretty good excuse. No man could possibly overcome a crooked referee, and Ryback is no exception. The WWE hasn't actually been promoting his undefeated streak much lately, and I believe that was a calculated maneuver. Rather than attaching Ryback to a streak like WCW did with Goldberg, the WWE wants the fans to think of Ryback as a dominant force who doesn't need a streak.

With that said, I wouldn't put it past the WWE doing an angle where Vince McMahon appears on RAW and rules it a no contest. That would preserve Ryback's streak for the time being, but it would also lead to a rematch either on RAW or at Survivor Series in all likelihood, so Ryback is going to have to lose if the plan is for Punk to retain.

Some may try to argue that the manner in which Punk won makes him look weak, but I disagree wholeheartedly. With this win, Punk is likely to hold the WWE Championship for over a year and there isn't anything that can take away the credibility Punk has gained over the life of his title reign. In fact, having the referee help him is only going to further his heel persona.

It will be extremely interesting to see how this feud is handled moving forward. It was meant to be Punk vs. Cena all along, but the WWE had to call an audible. Conventional wisdom would seem to state that Ryback is entitled to a rematch, but with Vickie Guerrero temporarily in charge of RAW, all bets are off.

I have to believe that Vickie and Paul Heyman are working together behind the scenes. They have had some interactions over the past few weeks and although their relationship is somewhat contentious, they may be working in lockstep to gain creative control over the WWE.

After Maddox blew the call in the match between Punk and Cena several week ago, former RAW general manager A.J. Lee berated him. That situation hasn't been addressed since, but perhaps Vickie reminded him of that and gave him a chance to stick it to her and the WWE as a whole.

Also, Dolph Ziggler seems poised to feud with Punk's other nemesis in Cena, so Ziggler, Vickie, Punk, Heyman and Maddox all have to be intertwined in some way. I have been calling for a potential heel stable led by Heyman and Punk for quite some time, and it may finally be coming to fruition with both Vickie and Ziggler involved, as well as Lesnar eventually.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Punk ziggler and lesnar would be an amazing heel stable
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    was hopin they would tie in the ref thing wit the aj cena thing and make it a bit of a conspiracy, i think it'd be a good idea, but it prolly also lead to cena being heel so they'd never do it
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ain't never gonna happen, Cena is their spokesperson look at Raw tonight, they had him do the speech and present the check to them for the Cancer Foundation and u had Vince there lol