A ? Was Passed A To Play Superman Because Well....HE'S A ?

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
MATT BOMER REPORTEDLY LOST SUPERMAN ROLE BECAUSE HE WAS ?

54184001736946384_d4fGDUCk_c-285x429.jpg

Matt Bomer was reportedly in the contention to play the Man of Steel – whether in the upcoming adaptation by Zack Snyder or the previous ‘Superman returns’ by Bryan Singer, it’s not clarified. However, Jackie Collins – the famous romantic novelist – has recently spoken up and said that it’s very hard for Hollywood actors to come out, as it affects their careers and roles irreversibly. During an interview with Gaydar Radio, she says, “Matt Bomer, who is the most gorgeous looking guy and the star of White Collar, he was up for the role of Superman. He had not come out of the closet but people in the know knew he was ? . His audition tape went in and he called up the agent. Someone didn’t like him and told them he was ? . They said, “No, no, we can’t cast you.” The reason he didn’t get cast was because he was ? .

She adds that she thinks it’s ridiculous that it still happens and also says, “I think it should change but there are women out there who want to worship somebody. If Justin Bieber said he was ? , he’d lose all his little girl fans. It’s a sad fact of life. So a lot of them get married, have a couple of kids and pretend to be straight.”

Collins doesn’t elaborate on how she knows about this, but as a famous novelist and a person with connections with Hollywood, it’s likely she heard about it through a second hand source. Now, there’s no guarantee that this is actually what happened, but there doesn’t seem to be a valid reason for Collins to be lying about this. If it is indeed true, let’s hope that it changes in the future – it might already be changing as Bomer is said to the be the frontrunner for the very heterosexual Christian Grey in the upcoming ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ adaptation.

For one thing this fruit ? gobblin fruit cake DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE SUPERMAN! Let's look at the cats that have previous played Superman.

supermanadmin.jpg

Golden Age Superman circa the 1930's, 40's, and 50's.

6499666_f260.jpg_20120917091054.jpg

Kirk Alyn the original Superman from the 1940's serials. George Reeves from the 50's TV show The Adventures of Superman

940203.jpg

Superman by Curt Swan. Essentially this dude (after Jerry Siegal and Joe Shuster,) is to Superman to what Stan Lee is to Marvel. He was the definitive Superman artist and was the artist on both Action Comics and Superman for thirty years.

tumblr_mb0j9p1E551qedzbdo1_1280.jpg

There's no need for explanation here. We all know who dude is and as far as the fandom is concerned, Christopher Reeve is the best, most iconic Superman. When people think of Superman this is who comes to mind.

dean-cain-superman1.jpg

This is when we get wacky. Dean Cain didn't look anything like Supes, as a matter of fact, he looked like Brandon Lee dressed as Superman. After I got over the part of Dean Cain having brown eyes and looking nothing like Superman, I actually warmed up to him. I must say that out of it's out of Kirk Alyn and Dean Cain who had the best built for the character.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_V_pbC_FDGSI/TUsuxt3jyPI/AAAAAAAABvQ/xNWaRZPUUxs/s1600/9Brandon+Routh.jpg[/img]

Brandon Routh is perhaps the most miscast to play the Man of Steel. Instead of going for somebody who looked like Superman, we get somebody who looked like Christopher Reeve and obviously did he Supes build. This casting choice has Bryan Singer ? influence all over it. (Did y'all know Singer was a ? ?) When I found this out of late, everything in Superman Returns suddenly made sense. The sweet Twilight looking hella emotional-stalking-Lois-Superman
. It was some straight ? ? , from a ? ass director.

dc-featured_actioncomics_vol1_7-30-12_0.jpg

This Superman from the New 52 reboot

Tournage2.jpg

This is the newest Superman, Henry Cavill. Looks wise this was a good casting choice, because dude looks like the current version of Superman. If you noticed until Dean Cain, everybody that played Superman, looked like Superman. I'm not crazy about the costume, especially that pronounced "superman junk," the director and the costume designers should have did something about that ? . Anyway....

I have to say that somebody in Hollywood had sense to realize that you can't have a ? playing what is perhaps the most iconic, recognizable, and popular superhero in the world. I know these dudes are actors, but the ? just isn't a good look. ? can't be like, ? Superman is a ? . The ? just doesn't sit well. Now if we can just work on getting these muthafuckas out of comics, then other areas of the media, we'll be straight.

Comments