Is Anyone Checking For Wii U

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in IllGaming
I dunno if its just me but this Wii U ? seems like one big ass gimmick. I think initially it will have allot of hype and stores will sell out quick. But i think after 6 to 8 months aint nobody really gunna be checking for it. The Wii went ham last gen and had a demand for around 2 years where stores were sold out or had a low count.

But i think as the video game market has seemed to die down slightly the past for years (as people get more hype over smart phones and tablets) The Wii U just wont be anything special.

Comments

• moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got 3 kids, so yeah I'm prolly getting 1.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    moedays wrote: »

@moedays is this system poppin with the kids as much as the 3DS was cause hella kids around my church were copping that

• s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? no but I do want to play New Super Mario Bros 2.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I dunno if its just me but this Wii U ? seems like one big ass gimmick. I think initially it will have allot of hype and stores will sell out quick. But i think after 6 to 8 months aint nobody really gunna be checking for it. The Wii went ham last gen and had a demand for around 2 years where stores were sold out or had a low count.

But i think as the video game market has seemed to die down slightly the past for years (as people get more hype over smart phones and tablets) The Wii U just wont be anything special.

The bolded is why I don't think it'll sell as well. Iuno tech companies all over are feeling the pinch not just video games - Dell's numbers dropped, RIM, HP for the very first time took a huge loss, Sony is taking a beating just recently we saw Google see a big drop in earnings too (I think Apple is next :( to feel it). I think w/ Europe (as well as Japan) being in the ? it's one of Nintendo's biggest markets and it's gonna affect their sales. I could be wrong but I think the Wii U may not sell as good this time around. I think it'll be a hit but I don't see it outselling the original Wii.

But ? who knows.... if only I had a crystal ball LOL

its cray how Sony's fate depends on the playstation brand after apple eithered the discman, LG and Samsung bodied sony's control of the TV market post HD era, and the music industry is sinking lower. Same ? with dell falling off with the customer service/people shifting toward tablets, and now the video game indutry really being reduced to a yearly map update of call of duty a few decent advernture games and the majority of older gamers just playing 2K or the ea sports games.

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When they release Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid and Star Fox I will cop.I agree about the gimmick aspect though.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »

The bolded is why I don't think it'll sell as well. Iuno tech companies all over are feeling the pinch not just video games - Dell's numbers dropped, RIM, HP for the very first time took a huge loss, Sony is taking a beating just recently we saw Google see a big drop in earnings too (I think Apple is next :( to feel it). I think w/ Europe (as well as Japan) being in the ? it's one of Nintendo's biggest markets and it's gonna affect their sales. I could be wrong but I think the Wii U may not sell as good this time around. I think it'll be a hit but I don't see it outselling the original Wii.

But ? who knows.... if only I had a crystal ball LOL

its cray how Sony's fate depends on the playstation brand after apple eithered the discman, LG and Samsung bodied sony's control of the TV market post HD era, and the music industry is sinking lower. Same ? with dell falling off with the customer service/people shifting toward tablets, and now the video game indutry really being reduced to a yearly map update of call of duty a few decent advernture games and the majority of older gamers just playing 2K or the ea sports games.
    I think it depends more on movies. Columbia be bringing in the dough.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it will be fine for the first year since it will have the same games as ps3/360. then when ps4/720 comes out it'll be irrelevant as far as 3rd party goes
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    I think it will be fine for the first year since it will have the same games as ps3/360. then when ps4/720 comes out it'll be irrelevant as far as 3rd party goes

but the first year of any console is the worse game wise. i mean the fifa game is coming with less things than 360 and ps3. Also allot of the newer games have glitches or lack of depth because it takes time for developers to get used to making games for an new system.

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's dropping on my birthday so someone might buy it for me. Always wanted a Wii in HD
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

WACK.

? said the same ? about the Wii, and Sony or M$ still ain't nowhere near scratching the number of them ? sold.

And I admit the Wii had it's wack tendencies, but it's a lot of gold on that system if you willing to look for it.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

WACK.

? said the same ? about the Wii, and Sony or M$ still ain't nowhere near scratching the number of them ? sold.

And I admit the Wii had it's wack tendencies, but it's a lot of gold on that system if you willing to look for it.

the first wii changed the game this wii u aint changing ? . Just like sony struggled to get a considerable fanbase to hop on the ps3 fanbase cause they loved ps2 so much the wii u wont be able to capture allot of the og wii fanbase. Remember the first wii chipped into markets like senior homes and casual gamers because of its simple and fresh control. This ? tablet ass ? will have ? gamers and opinion leaders copping this. However it will not be able to fully capture the large casual gamer's to cop another console.

side note: i hate beating the dead drum but allot of the market for what was the trendy wii back a half decade ago is now shifted over to smartphones tablets and other ? . For casual gamers those i pad and smartphone games are a better alternative than a hand held or home video game console.

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Christmas is coming so...*shrugs....however i got the first WII on release date and as t/s stated after 6 - 8 months it stopped getting used...I seen it advertised and looks ok...I like how you can just switch to the handheld midway through a game....but them controllers gonna be expensive as ? ....can imagin spending over £100 just for enough controllers for the fam...

still thinking on it...
  • moedays
    Options

@moedays is this system poppin with the kids as much as the 3DS was cause hella kids around my church were copping that

Doesn't seem like it has the buzz the Wii had, my kids won't leave me the hell alone about it.
  • moedays
    Options
    The Wii's problem was no quality 3rd party games or to few quality 3rd party games.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not interested...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will get it for Mario Kart...Zelda...Metroid...SSB...Super Mario etc
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    @Sion good ? with the info and damn ? getting tough out here. Its crazy though because im a 90's baby born in 1990 and my whole life my age group waiting in line for consoles. Things were up and the console and tech markets were reaching peaks. Regardless of what class you were in people had nintendo, sega, sony and microsoft consoles within the first few months. But things are changing both for consumers and the economics in the regions making the consoles.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sion good ? with the info and damn ? getting tough out here. Its crazy though because im a 90's baby born in 1990 and my whole life my age group waiting in line for consoles. Things were up and the console and tech markets were reaching peaks. Regardless of what class you were in people had nintendo, sega, sony and microsoft consoles within the first few months. But things are changing both for consumers and the economics in the regions making the consoles.

yeah CS don't matter how broke ? were, we all had a console within a year of its release...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    I peeped the Wii U at gamestop today and the tablet control actually fit my hand better than i thought. At the same time there was no demos so i didnt get to try a game. At the time it don't seem like anything worth copping tho. The HD looks crisp but to me not worth $300 to basically get an HD wii. Another thing imo is i would rather use a ? real xbox or ps3 controller instead of a tablet or the planned "gaming controller" that looks like an xbox controller knockoff.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ? is a wii u b?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone copped this ? yet?
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    focus and other Nintendo fanboys continue to get sonned. He is not saying anything that I did not already state previously. If the console was under $300 than it would be over looked, but it is over $300 so it should be much better than the PS3 and 360. Look if you like it and enjoy Nintendo's first party (so do I to a point) that is fine, but stop gassing this company and console as if its unrivaled or perfect. As much money as Nintendo has they have no excuse for making cheap and low tech products. Its the same for the 3DS.