Who told Alicia Keys that ? FIRE is good song?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in R&B & Alternatives
Damn near screaming through the whole basic ass song. smh

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    No One was the last Keys song i actually like after that everything has been ehh imo
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    she was screaming in no one too
    No One was good tho and she looked great in the video so i could deal with the lil bit of screaming she did
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alicia Keys is overrated in general. She's a screaming banshee with basic piano playing ability who only has good singles but wack albums. And yea, these days even the singles are questionable.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I completely agree with this thread...that song is terrible with all that hollering.

Cosign @Skyler about No One as well.

I've never been a huge Alicia fan, but her music used to be way better.

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    Alicia Keys is overrated in general. She's a screaming banshee with basic piano playing ability who only has good singles but wack albums. And yea, these days even the singles are questionable.

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all this Alicia slander. She isn't the best vocalist and I haven't been a fan of her last couple joints but I'll be damned if her first 3 albums weren't dope as ? .
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This song just seems generic as ? , she can do better
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes I hate it. Haven't really LOVED anything she's done since diary. "No one" was just ok to me.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ? hasn't really been the same once she started ? with a different sounds.

& she needs to stop being beyonce!!!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? Fire and of course ? Nicki. Love Is Blind is tha last song from A Keys that I truly ? with.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, that song is ? atrocious....
    That homewrecking ? must have lost her damn mind releasing that garbage
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Personally, I blame Swizz Beats for this fuckery.

Prolly being so gassed at bagging her that he couldn't tell her that ? Fire was wackness personified.

I miss the old Alicia. The Alicia that was fresh-faced, sultry, poetic, with the cornrows and tomboy/city girl swag.

Was hoping she'd go back to what made us fall in love with her in the first place.

Seems she is no longer pushing herself to be more creative and use her talent productively.

Looks like the Alicia people first knew and loved is gone for good.

Alicia-Keys-Songs-In-A-Minor-Delantera.jpg

Probably because it's not 2001 anymore...even her 2nd album didn't sound like Songs In A Minor...and maybe wait til her new album actually comes out before all the "Alicia is gone" talk...damn ain't like her last album was garbage...still had great tracks like "That's How Strong My Love Is" "Distance and Time" "This Bed" "Like The Sea" and plenty others that give you the traditional Alicia Keys vibe you want
  • blackrain
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ? til this day I hate No One and Doesn't Mean Anything, but As I Am and Element of Freedom are both good albums...and they played You Don't Know My Name so much that I grew to hate that damn song too...but Diary of Alicia Keys is an amazing album
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Man, that song is ? atrocious....
    That homewrecking ? must have lost her damn mind releasing that garbage

Her husband is easily one of tha wackest ? in all of urban music. When will ? realize she ? married Swizz Beats' Jew nose ass, that ? been out her mind... and I love Alicia, but it's true
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's decent. I basically just see it for what it is, which is an anthem like song. It's not meant to vocally impress you. She's just getting her point across with basic ass lyrics that everyone can repeat.

? , it's way better than pop my ? music that Beyonce and Rihanna stay making.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alicia Keys still going to sell records
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Her last album was promoted by horrible single, yet in major part it had classic Alicia sound - classy, refined & smooth. I don't know which direction she takes with her new material, but ? Fire is bad to the point of almost unlistenable.
  • blackrain
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    @lilloca basically said what i was thinking...ever since she got with that washed up Swizz...she has been woat...two woats dont make a right

So ever since this album? lol Her last album had no Swizz influence at all
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The song had a place.. most music does.. its not classic Alicia keys but it was that olympic anthem.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think its a decent song personally.

One thing with Ms. Keys is she knows how to occasionally helm very good love songs

All y'all in here judging her personal life are off topic
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They played a couple other songs off her new album on Russ Parr and they sucked ? too. I could not be a radio DJ and have to fake like an artist's song just cuz they in the studio with me.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    this thread is the first time i heard the song

its not that bad LOL

it isnt up to "alicia" standards but i think its because the song isnt as complex as the typical a keys song. its not as theatrical as i'd like it to be, but its not actually "bad". seems like they didnt go the whole way in on this one. lack of effort maybe ... but i wouldnt say it was an actual bad song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJGCW1m0WFk
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same thing I thought . When the first time I heard this song I was like this songs is not very good at all . I told my homie that song was so bad it should have been a throw away song . That ? his horrible . And I usually like AK
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    song isnt really that bad, not sure what you guys are talking about, and alicia always been a screamer when she sings. she has a trained voice not a natural one.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are times when a little screaming is okay, see AK's previous albums for examples.

This was just TOO much though, kinda like R. Kelly's When a Woman Loves..a bit much for my tastes.