Can lebron be better than mj?

Options
13»

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "I want to be the best of all time," James said in an interview with The Associated Press. "It's that simple."

It's gonna be hilarious if this cat keeps winnin.? gonna be irate

The media compares every wing player to jordan cuz he's the standard for greatness jordan changed the game forever and he will be mentioned 50 years from now.5 of the 6 finals featuring the bulls are the highest rated of all time.Game 6 of the 98 finals is the highest rated nba game ever, nobody in nba history had the impact jordan had

The same reason espn talks about tebow all the time is cuz people watch.Jordan is on the level wit babe ruth and ali he will always get talked about and put on a pedestal and every great player will get compared to him.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly i hate any comparison with a player that has to deal with Jordan , it almost seems like it Devalues the other player almost and it seems like we don't truely respect their greatness for who they are.

Lebron can go out and post 24 points , 8 assist and 9 Rebounds in a game and barely win and all folks will say is "Yea but Jordan wouldnt have even been in that situation , Jordan would have blown them out"

same goes for Kobe , yea Kobe has a lot of Jordan Mannerisms on the court but it's like no matter what he does or what Lebron does the first thing anyone wants to say "But Jordan......" ...Jordan didn't invent basketball , he wasn't the first N*gga to play it , do i think he is the best? yes....and this is coming from someone who didn't like Jordan i just wasn't really a fan of his like that but i respected his game , But any n*gga that has been after Jordan that is any good people hold to his standard is just dumb as ? in my opinion it's almost as if people think "Welp he wasn't as good as Jordan he wasn't that damn nice" ....As good as Lebron is people really don't appreciate that guy for what he is ...this ? is 6'8 250+ moving like a ? guard out there doing what he wants.

i just get fed up with the Media and how other people fall for the bait and we don't even enjoy the performances that are happening right now.

Quoted because it needs to be seen again
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    I can understand that but how can people just brush aside his failures like they mean nothing?

The better team won 2 years ago, not the most talented. Once again, he made it to the big show and was shook.

Now back track to the year he made it with the Cavs. Put some talent around him. Who is to say he wouldn't have disappeared again?

Like I said, he had the talent with the Heat and still lost. The guy we saw this year in the finals, that's the first time we've seen him. He didn't exist with the Cavs.

Jordan was just as lethal in his first as he was in his last.

So you can just brush away Jordan getting swept by the Celtics and the Pistons?? While Lebron was losing in the Finals...Jordan was as you put it "shook" in the ECF. According to your logic Jordan "disappeared" earlier in the playoffs than Bron did. According to your logic the first time we saw lethal Jordan only after he was "shook" of the Pistons or "disappeared" vs the Celtics....IN THE Eastern conference playoff rounds.

It makes 0 sense.

Lmao come on man.I'm a lebron fan but duke froze the fucc up in the '11 finals.In 07 he was young and faced a superior,more experienced, better coached 3x championship team,cavs didn't stand a chance

Same thing happened to jordan the pistons and celtics were better TEAMS.Jordan never froze up like lebron(8 points in a finals game,2 points in a 4th quarter) he was droppin 50-60 points on them ? the bulls teams were trash

I never understood how people hold that against jordan you expected an 8th seed to beat a celtics squad that been to 3 finals already?

I'm not holding ANYTHING against Jordan. But he did have bad games against the Pistons (18 pts with only 8 FGAs in 89(game 5)) also (23 points of 18 FGAs in 89(Game4)) and (20 points of 16 FGAs in 90(Game2). These are better numbers than Lebron had obviously but not by that much and this was in the ECF. This is not the point though....the point is that holding one player to one standard and an other doesnt make sense. They both had to go through their share of losing in order to understand what it took to win. Look at what Jordan did to the Pistons in 91...swept them.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly i hate any comparison with a player that has to deal with Jordan , it almost seems like it Devalues the other player almost and it seems like we don't truely respect their greatness for who they are.

Lebron can go out and post 24 points , 8 assist and 9 Rebounds in a game and barely win and all folks will say is "Yea but Jordan wouldnt have even been in that situation , Jordan would have blown them out"

same goes for Kobe , yea Kobe has a lot of Jordan Mannerisms on the court but it's like no matter what he does or what Lebron does the first thing anyone wants to say "But Jordan......" ...Jordan didn't invent basketball , he wasn't the first N*gga to play it , do i think he is the best? yes....and this is coming from someone who didn't like Jordan i just wasn't really a fan of his like that but i respected his game , But any n*gga that has been after Jordan that is any good people hold to his standard is just dumb as ? in my opinion it's almost as if people think "Welp he wasn't as good as Jordan he wasn't that damn nice" ....As good as Lebron is people really don't appreciate that guy for what he is ...this ? is 6'8 250+ moving like a ? guard out there doing what he wants.

i just get fed up with the Media and how other people fall for the bait and we don't even enjoy the performances that are happening right now.

C/s i hate when ppl hold bron to the jordan standard, who said bron wants to be the next jordan?? I think lebron wants to be the first lebron, let him do him and have his own legacy...

As for Kobe, ppl will always compare him to mj ? he copied his game instead of having his own identity, but he couldn't fully live up to jordan standard as far as accomplishments are concerned (? skill wise I think he's equal with him)
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    What does NBA titles/finals have to do with individual greatness, those are two different things.

NBA titles are a reflection of team accomplishments and timing.

Michael Jordan played in the 3rd biggest market in the country, why would he have to leave Chicago. It's easy to talk about staying with the Cavs when you don't have to live in ? ass Cleveland where free agents didn't want to come. I mean Jordan, Kobe,etc can chill in their cities because free agents want to play in Chicago and LA.

I doesn't matter if Wade has 1 more ring, the question is better player, not champion. Same ? for Kobe, MVP and statistics are a reflection of indvidual greatness, not rings.

When it's all said and done i bet you Lebron will be individually more accomplished, i'm not talking about rings either. I'm talking MVP's, points scored, etc.

As for rings i can see him winning 3-4 more rings, depending on if he stays with Miami because i don't see Wade being great 4-5 years from now.

That windows closed IMO, so no, may have a shot at top 5.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ppl forget Jordan was out that 2nd season due to that broken ankle and to Horace Grant's credit he had heart which made him go out there and put in work
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    ppl forget Jordan was out that 2nd season due to that broken ankle and to Horace Grant's credit he had heart which made him go out there and put in work

? it was like a 8 win difference but they would've been the 8th seed regardless they were 27 games back in their division

1985 38-44 7th seed
    1986 30-52 8th seed
    1987 40-42 8th seed
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That windows closed IMO, so no, may have a shot at top 5.

Cosign, but I would say top 10.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, people need to shut the ? up with that ring argument and then conveniently dismiss Bill Russell's accomplishments. I think individually Lebron will win as many if not more mvps than MJ and break alot of scoring records, i don't see him winning 6 rings though but he will come close.

I hear what you sayin, but they also talked about Jordan being six for six champion and six finals mvps. I don't think lebron will have any scoring records maybe equal his reg. season mvps but that's it...remember he played in two finals and never scored over 24 points in those games and was swept out his frist appearance

Lebron actually made it to the finals...twice before the age of 26 and won his first at the age of 27. Jordan got eliminated by the Pistons three straight times in the ECF before he won his first chip at the age of 28. Lets keep things in perspective.
    It took lebron 9 yrs and a different team, Jordan took 7 yrs...let's keep things in perspective now.

And this is a knock against Lebron how? You're essentially saying Bron was better at a younger age.

91 Bulls had Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Phil. Before these three arrived Jordan wasnt getting out of the ECF.

What? I said it took Jordan less years in the league and if I remember he didn't choke his first two tries

You can't use that years in the league argument when Jordan never had to carry a franchise at 18 years old, a terrible team at that. I mean when Lebron was 18 dude was the best player on his team and carrying some bums, when Kobe was 18 he was piggybacking off of Shaq and some established good players.

Real talk. But MJ played in the era before they started calling flagrant fouls, before zone defenses and he still dominated. Bron is nice no doubt and I think he couldve played in any era but I dont think he would've dominated, especially at his natural position which is the three. Going against the likes of Barkley, Wilkins, Worthy, Kemp, Pippen and Bird night in and night out....meh, I dont know. With that being said. Only time will tell. With Kobe on the way out it's Lebrons time now, let him cook. Plus the only one really compareable to Jordan is the black mamba and in his 16 years of trying to be like Mike, he has fallen a tad short.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    Yes, people need to shut the ? up with that ring argument and then conveniently dismiss Bill Russell's accomplishments. I think individually Lebron will win as many if not more mvps than MJ and break alot of scoring records, i don't see him winning 6 rings though but he will come close.

I hear what you sayin, but they also talked about Jordan being six for six champion and six finals mvps. I don't think lebron will have any scoring records maybe equal his reg. season mvps but that's it...remember he played in two finals and never scored over 24 points in those games and was swept out his frist appearance

Lebron actually made it to the finals...twice before the age of 26 and won his first at the age of 27. Jordan got eliminated by the Pistons three straight times in the ECF before he won his first chip at the age of 28. Lets keep things in perspective.
    It took lebron 9 yrs and a different team, Jordan took 7 yrs...let's keep things in perspective now.

And this is a knock against Lebron how? You're essentially saying Bron was better at a younger age.

91 Bulls had Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Phil. Before these three arrived Jordan wasnt getting out of the ECF.

What? I said it took Jordan less years in the league and if I remember he didn't choke his first two tries

You can't use that years in the league argument when Jordan never had to carry a franchise at 18 years old, a terrible team at that. I mean when Lebron was 18 dude was the best player on his team and carrying some bums, when Kobe was 18 he was piggybacking off of Shaq and some established good players.

Real talk. But MJ played in the era before they started calling flagrant fouls, before zone defenses and he still dominated. Bron is nice no doubt and I think he couldve played in any era but I dont think he would've dominated, especially at his natural position which is the three. Going against the likes of Barkley, Wilkins, Worthy, Kemp, Pippen and Bird night in and night out....meh, I dont know. With that being said. Only time will tell. With Kobe on the way out it's Lebrons time now, let him cook. Plus the only one really compareable to Jordan is the black mamba and in his 16 years of trying to be like Mike, he has fallen a tad short.

2yvkn10_zpse929ea88.gif

Lebron woulda destroyed All of em.It's weird how people hate givin this dude credit

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk though, the NBA and ? really need to move on from Jordan, the ? ain't coming back. They've been doing this ? of comparing going back to Grant Hill, Penny, Vince Young, Kobe, Harold Miner,etc.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk though, the NBA and ? really need to move on from Jordan, the ? ain't coming back. They've been doing this ? of comparing going back to Grant Hill, Penny, Vince Young, Kobe, Harold Miner,etc.

Who the hell was comparing a QB to a shooting guard?
  • usmarin3
    Options

So why do you relentlessly dickride Jordan so much when it comes to kobe comparisons but when it comes to lebron "The Nba and ? need to move on"?

You Only big up mike when it's convenient for your agenda? I dont know how many times you've posted that photoshopped pic of jordan holdin kobe up like his son.You're a male groupie who aint even a real heat fan you was on the cavs nuts a few years ago you just follow wherever lebron goes.Shut da fucc up

Because Lebron, Vince, Grant, nor Penny copied Jordans mannerism like a weirdo would. I get everyone is influenced by what came before them, but to the point to where you walk like the man, talk like the man, etc. But i'm sure ? like you relate to Kobe, because ya'll stay looking for father figures.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nope. he is the closet since kobe though
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

son son son lol
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    plocc wrote: »

2yvkn10_zpse929ea88.gif

Lebron woulda destroyed All of em.It's weird how people hate givin this dude credit
    He would not have destroyed Pip. C'mon bruh, outta all the cats I mentioned Pip had d, you cant front on that.

• blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

Who the hell was comparing a QB to a shooting guard?

Hahaha...usmarine is a idiot
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just another day in the world where USmarine doesnt know ? about sports

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That pic needs to be updated big time. You would think the absence of Lebron's title and finals mvp would have made it obvious, but I guess not huh?
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the stats and awards lebron has.

Theres 5 more things he needs to do before he's up there with jordan, he aint even up there with kobe yet.
  • qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so let me get this straight. Lebron wins 1 ring and he automatically surpasses Kobe as 2nd goat. Just a few years ago if u asked Lebron who the best player was he had no problems saying Kobe name.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Why don't you photoshop in Shaq and his 3 Finals MVP and 1 regular season mvp in Kobe's pic.