Jason Whitlock calls Steve A. Smith "House Ni@@a ? who Buck Dance for Skip Bayless"

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Idk, seems to be bit of an overdramatization. But i agree with some of his points. Also, if he is a friend, why wouldnt he just talk to him personally?

Because Whitlock is full of ? and has few friends from all the ? he talks about folks
  • blackrain
    Options
    And his points were all over the place...what exactly is he mad about? SAS denying saying ? or something else? He starts off talking about SAS denying saying ? , then goes into a tirade about how he's a pretty much a sell out whose embarrassing himself...which is it?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skip is the sports Howard Stern... He would say what he say with or without Steven A.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Whatever WE STILL say ? please all the time (even here on the IC), I have no problem with Stephen A saying it and fake denying it. Its not that big of a deal. I dunno why Whitlock is so jealous and mad, like he speaks for black America.

Btw, you guys still watch it so even if Whitlock was factually right you still support the ? , so YOU SPORTS GEEKS stop acting like you're disgusted by it.

ESPN is like WWE.. sports-entertainment. ? is not gonna change, and you will continue to support it.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    And his points were all over the place...what exactly is he mad about? SAS denying saying ? or something else? He starts off talking about SAS denying saying ? , then goes into a tirade about how he's a pretty much a sell out whose embarrassing himself...which is it?

I think he was saying that smith is too good of a journalist to sink to the level of skip bayless and to sell himself short by pandering to the simpletons who watch first take
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt do you have a black GF or something dawg? u stay tryna speak for da brothers lol
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude is making it way bigger than it is. Let Smith do him. Stephen A doesn't represent anyone but himself.

On another note, I did stop watching first take because it was way too scripted and repetitive IMO. You know who's going to say what before they say it.
  • blackrain
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

I think he was saying that smith is too good of a journalist to sink to the level of skip bayless and to sell himself short by pandering to the simpletons who watch first take

Thing is though, Stephen A Smith has always been like that...he's no different than he was when he first got on tv, he just on tv everyday. So how can he claim to be cool with and a fan of SAS? SAS not acting brand new
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Recognizing that its black viewers couldn’t resist Skip’s bait, ESPN doubled down, making Smith an equal partner in the show and re-imagining First Take as the black barbershop of sports talk. The rap-music bumpers, the black, eye-candy female host, the guest appearances by rappers and Smith are all an attempt to make Skip’s ? -baiting palatable, marketable and justifiable.

^ This was ether, but stating the obvious.

Shitlock thinks he's exposing something.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also Dan Patrick ? on first take on the regular he called it "first fake" hahaha
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This, Whitlock is just telling Stephen A to have a higher because he can be. There is a reason guys like Wajnaworski (whatever his name is) always get the real scoops on whats happening in the NBA. Those guys are invaluable and are kept around forever. Guys who go for the cheap scandal have a shorter life span.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thing is though, Stephen A Smith has always been like that...he's no different than he was when he first got on tv, he just on tv everyday. So how can he claim to be cool with and a fan of SAS? SAS not acting brand new

i'm pretty sure the problem is that he is now letting the show define him. he's become a wannabe entertainer/personality....not a journalist or someone who talks real about sports. like the article said, first take or or first and ten or whatever it is is just "shop talk", dumbed down commentary, cheap seats posting....whitlock says smith is too good to be defined by that.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Skip was Stephen A's ticket on TV, so he's gonna soft-shoe for as long as it takes. Cause he damn sure knows ya'll ? ain't watchin another Quite Frankly...
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will_89 wrote: »
    Skip was Stephen A's ticket on TV, so he's gonna soft-shoe for as long as it takes. Cause he damn sure knows ya'll ? ain't watchin another Quite Frankly...

I think Stephen has even made reference to that a couple of times in the past through veiled statements.

Sidenote: If Whitlock were to suffer a heart attack, I wonder exactly how many people will send condolences?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so he mad that ESPN is allegedly catering to a demographic that likes hip hop, eye candy, and sports?
    some of these "journalists" take their industry a little too seriously...
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Whatever WE STILL say ? please all the time (even here on the IC), I have no problem with Stephen A saying it and fake denying it. Its not that big of a deal. I dunno why Whitlock is so jealous and mad, like he speaks for black America.

Btw, you guys still watch it so even if Whitlock was factually right you still support the ? , so YOU SPORTS GEEKS stop acting like you're disgusted by it.

ESPN is like WWE.. sports-entertainment. ? is not gonna change, and you will continue to support it.

it seems you didnt read the whole article............i dont give a ? if it's Steven A Smith, if you is a sports journalist on t.v., radio any where in the media, you do not get a pass for saying ? PLEASE, because if it was skip bayless NACCP, Rainbow PUSH, arm chair revolutionary will all be up in arms.

I been stop givining "? " pass because they are black, if you man enough to use the word on national tv then man up and admit that YEAH I SAID ? PLEASE, AND I AM WRONG FOR SAYING IT ON NATIONAL TV
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Waits for Stephen A. Smith to say "? Please" in response to Whitlock*
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First take dont even have different segments anymore to discuss other stuff.

I remember they did the NFL power rankings for the NFC and AFC every week using helmets but they dont even do that anymore. Its just stephen A and skip going back and forth over lebron,tebow, and then the jets,tony romo, and then eric mangini comes through while the black ? sassing everybody. Then Dmx will play as they go to commercial. (Which makes it awkward when Im watching it around all the white ppl at work)

But jason whitlock pretty much is callin stephen A a ? ass ? ..

LOL
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Pretty much First Take has mastered the Art of Trolling
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The show used to be good but now its redundant.

The new host seems out of place and having to hear Wale sucks.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised every time I hear someone say that watch that show. It's unreal how people tune in to be willingly trolled.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    knights wrote: »
    knights wrote: »
    I'm surprised every time I hear someone say that watch that show. It's unreal how people tune in to be willingly trolled.

i really think the "WORD" being trolled is an easy copped out and using that word as an excuse now for those that is a ? , ? , doing hoe ? ect.....

let's be honest now, Stephen A. Smith and Skip and the minds of espn aint sit there and be like yo, Stephen look here boy, i want you say ? please so we can troll our viewers, GTFOHWTBS..you giving them to much credit they most likely sit back and laugh like damn they giving us to much credit.

Stephen have some back bone and self worth not to do ? like that, like Jason said it's the Environment that's created there to have him so comfortable that many people do when they are around a certain culture that their race produce and it kicked in.

Look here i used to read Skip Bayless for years in the 90's when he was working for San Jose Mercury News and he was ? like then and ? like now, yall are just getting hip to dude, this ? is not troll ? , that's Skip Bayless ask any head from the bay about Skip, they will say Skip always been like that, yall really giving these dudes to much credit
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like i said before Stephen A Smith is betta unscripted ( Kwame Brown/ Jamarcus Russell rants for example) now he's repetitive which is unfortunate cuz I was happy when they brought him back to ESPN
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited October 2012
    Options
    like i said before Stephen A Smith is betta unscripted ( Kwame Brown/ Jamarcus Russell rants for example) now he's repetitive which is unfortunate cuz I was happy when they brought him back to ESPN

He's actually no different like someone else said in here , you see him everyday now.