Jason Whitlock calls Steve A. Smith "House Ni@@a ? who Buck Dance for Skip Bayless"

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    And his points were all over the place...what exactly is he mad about? SAS denying saying ? or something else? He starts off talking about SAS denying saying ? , then goes into a tirade about how he's a pretty much a sell out whose embarrassing himself...which is it?

I think he was saying that smith is too good of a journalist to sink to the level of skip bayless and to sell himself short by pandering to the simpletons who watch first take

Thing is though, Stephen A Smith has always been like that...he's no different than he was when he first got on tv, he just on tv everyday. So how can he claim to be cool with and a fan of SAS? SAS not acting brand new

i'm pretty sure the problem is that he is now letting the show define him. he's become a wannabe entertainer/personality....not a journalist or someone who talks real about sports. like the article said, first take or or first and ten or whatever it is is just "shop talk", dumbed down commentary, cheap seats posting....whitlock says smith is too good to be defined by that.

But on First Take neither Stephen A nor Skip are in their journalists roles...I could see if he was questioning SAS's journalistic credibility but he's not...when he's on ESPN he's a commentator...no more no less...

• blackrain
    Options

He still insults ? daily...it just doesn't have the same shock value because it's daily.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah he's way more repetitive u can kinda predict wat he's sayin u cant compare ? he does now daily to da off da top Jamarcus Russell rant lol
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    GetMoneyInDaN.O. Members Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i just wanna kno....how many of yall ? actually still watch 1st Take and entertain that ? ...aint nuthin but the TMZ of sports where 2 muthafuckas sit and gossip and spew feelings about players cuz they own careers in sports neva took off....if they eva had 1
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And his points were all over the place...what exactly is he mad about? SAS denying saying ? or something else? He starts off talking about SAS denying saying ? , then goes into a tirade about how he's a pretty much a sell out whose embarrassing himself...which is it?

I think he was saying that smith is too good of a journalist to sink to the level of skip bayless and to sell himself short by pandering to the simpletons who watch first take

Thing is though, Stephen A Smith has always been like that...he's no different than he was when he first got on tv, he just on tv everyday. So how can he claim to be cool with and a fan of SAS? SAS not acting brand new

i'm pretty sure the problem is that he is now letting the show define him. he's become a wannabe entertainer/personality....not a journalist or someone who talks real about sports. like the article said, first take or or first and ten or whatever it is is just "shop talk", dumbed down commentary, cheap seats posting....whitlock says smith is too good to be defined by that.

But on First Take neither Stephen A nor Skip are in their journalists roles...I could see if he was questioning SAS's journalistic credibility but he's not...when he's on ESPN he's a commentator...no more no less...

This is a very good post.

N.E Way, I dont really see what's the big deal. I look at Rob Parker as more of a bojangles than Stephen A. Stephen A is a real ? when it comes to talking about sports barbershop style. There's like 7 ? at my barbershop with the same personality he has. So a Black man slipping up and sayin the word ? in the heat of an argument is cause for callin a guy out? I can see the outrage if Skip said it but it's not like Stephen A aint a black guy discussing a black guy. If he had to write a column then that's different but ESPN basically brought him in from his radio show in LA to be himself nearly unfiltered. ESPN shouldna got rid of Jay Crawford tho. Im good with the Wale Theme song and gives no ? about them goin to comercial on DMX. They also go to comercial on some alternative ? too still so why not X?

By the way.... I bet Stephen A's radio show in New York responding to dude gonna be pretty interesting
  • blackrain
    Options
    i just wanna kno....how many of yall ? actually still watch 1st Take and entertain that ? ...aint nuthin but the TMZ of sports where 2 muthafuckas sit and gossip and spew feelings about players cuz they own careers in sports neva took off....if they eva had 1

Both Stephen A and Skip have had careers that lasted much longer than any athlete they've covered...I doubt they're jealous of not having a sports career lol...ya'll really let them dudes get to ya'll? For all the trolling and ? ? ya'll claim they do, hardly any of ya'll ever admit or acknowledge that no matter what athlete they insult they always leave an open invitation to call or come to the show and say what you want to them...Brandon Marshall and Stephen A Smith got into just last week doing it...I mean out of all the people that ? on athletes, how many openly give them a chance and say "You got an issue with my opinion of you? Come talk about it"....it's to the point now where athletes are being asked about specific comments Skip and Stephen A say now...they getting plenty exposure
  • blackrain
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

N.E Way, I dont really see what's the big deal. I look at Rob Parker as more of a bojangles than Stephen A. Stephen A is a real ? when it comes to talking about sports barbershop style. There's like 7 ? at my barbershop with the same personality he has. So a Black man slipping up and sayin the word ? in the heat of an argument is cause for callin a guy out? I can see the outrage if Skip said it but it's not like Stephen A aint a black guy discussing a black guy. If he had to write a column then that's different but ESPN basically brought him in from his radio show in LA to be himself nearly unfiltered. ESPN shouldna got rid of Jay Crawford tho. Im good with the Wale Theme song and gives no ? about them goin to comercial on DMX. They also go to comercial on some alternative ? too still so why not X?

By the way.... I bet Stephen A's radio show in New York responding to dude gonna be pretty interesting

Yeah if anybody hears or gets audio of it post it up
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been saying for a while, ever since they changed the format, that show has become unwatchable. Skip is just playing a role. He just trolling to get reactions. The producers tell them how to answer and approach a topic.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All they talk about on that show is Lebron and Tebow, even in the ? off season. Show jumped the shark a while ago.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fat ass Whitlock mad some good points though. Fat ? .
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

Absofuckingloutely! I cant stand that cotton mouthed sounding ? . He is the worst.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steve does shuck and jive but he also keeps it real at times. Hard to keep that balance for real.
  • blackrain
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Steve does shuck and jive but he also keeps it real at times. Hard to keep that balance for real.

I think what some see as shucking and jiving is something that people often forgets, that SAS reminds them of is tha he and Skip are actual friends off camera and have known each other for years...so there's a comfort level in the amount and type of ? talking they do.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    I just don't like when SAS always kissing Skips ass, especially when Jalen was riding on him. Skip is a grown ass man that talk ? , he should be able to defend himself.
  • blackrain
    edited October 2012
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I just don't like when SAS always kissing Skips ass, especially when Jalen was riding on him. Skip is a grown ass man that talk ? , he should be able to defend himself.

Jalen Rose was right in his facts, but wrong in his execution which is why he later apologized and admitted as much. It'd be like Skip calling Jalen out on being a journalist knowing it was never his career or anything close to it...and before anybody says ESPN made him apologize because it's Skip...this the same Jalen Rose who got kept on by ESPN after a DUI and that whole incident too and ESPN has fired folks for less
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll really hate whitlock huh? I thought his main point was Stephen A. shouldn't have apologized because they're catering the show to people who more than likely us the word on a regular basis. I could be wrong though.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i been saying first and drama queen is a ? made gossip show. they don't even have valid debates just a bunch of trolling trying to reach a black demographic that sadly many of us get sucked into watching.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    I agree with Marc Cuban too, all Skip does is make broad statements and can't get into the details of ? . He over simplifies ? . This ? literally thinks Lebron should drive the ball to the hole and dunk every time, like these teams don't play defense. He says the most outlandish ? ? .
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jason Whitlock calling somebody a ? ? .......lol ? please
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He literally didn;t say the N word. You can hear the ? clearly. It doesn't even sound like he said that ? .

Jason Whitlock is a ? . Skip Bayless doesn't just trash black people. He isn't racist/ Yes the show sucks but Stephen A isn't tap dancing that hard.

Whitlock is an emotional hoe. Nothing he said makes sense. How is he setting black people back when he usually goes against skip, cuts him off and tells why he is so wrong. skip has never said anything racist. ever
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He literally didn;t say the N word. You can hear the ? clearly. It doesn't even sound like he said that ? .

Jason Whitlock is a ? . Skip Bayless doesn't just trash black people. He isn't racist/ Yes the show sucks but Stephen A isn't tap dancing that hard.

Whitlock is an emotional hoe. Nothing he said makes sense. How is he setting black people back when he usually goes against skip, cuts him off and tells why he is so wrong. skip has never said anything racist. ever

what he say then?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hold up man...

1) Just cause a ngga write a LOT of words does NOT mean he's 'ethering' anyone.

2) Whitlock says all that about catering to 'nggas'- Did it ever occur to Whitlock that Stehen A. is, indeed, a NGGA?!!?

And i dont say that in a demeaning way. People like him and Jalen Rose are FROM THE STREETS and they are just being them, just so happens they're now older and in a corporate setting. Thye still use references that show they are from where I'm from. And i know im not alone when i say I LOVE IT.

i.e.- I'm watchin 'Laugh at My Pain' again, and Stephen A. was right in the front row. Stepohen A. is a real ngga, and someitmes that ? slips out. nothing 'forced' about it.

3) Whitlock is the real ? . The NBA is 75% black-the stars of this league are urban-bred. The marketing schemes surrounding them are URBAN. I.E. -Nike's brash marketing of tee-shirts,

This is OUR thing!!! So why WOULDNT we want someone to represent US. Chris Webber, Jalen, Barkley, Steven A., Gary Payton, etc. Same in NFL-Keyshawn, Chris Carter, Michael Irvin. They know their ? AND are from the same streets these players are!!

I love the barber shop angle shows are taking. This is OUR thing, and Whitlock is just mad he isnt recognized in that vein
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »

3) Whitlock is the real ? . The NBA is 75% black-the stars of this league are urban-bred. The marketing schemes surrounding them are URBAN. I.E. -Nike's brash marketing of tee-shirts,

/thread