DISNEY BUYS STAR WARS, EPISODE VII COMING 2015

Options

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a bunch of stuff they can get into with new star wars movies. Im hoping they start with Jacen Solo and his fall to the dark side or the rise of Darth Krayt

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea disney has tons of material to work with, they should be good. They just have to use the material already there, not like 1-3 where lucas was just writing whatever he felt at the time.

I wonder if they are gonna explain the living force aka mitochodrian or whatever they are called
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't mind them going into the past and doing the origins of Darth Bane and the Rule of Two
  • rantanamo
    rantanamo Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Options
    Some that don't know the history of Star Wars should google Star Wars timeline or history. Goes back hundreds of thousands of years of crazy stories and different races evolving. All kinds of wars and Empires. Beyond RotJ they've probably going 40+ years. I would guess the next movie probably goes there to the Dark Hive or new Jedi Order stuff. That way they could use the original cast and introduce a new generation.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I think they should go a generation or two after leia and luke unless they get hamill and ford to do the movie. Disney hasn't had the Marvel property long so using that as a measuring stick on weather they gon ? something up isn't accurate . Pixar would be a better measuring stick
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Just going to milk it and water it down some more. Disney track record with sci-fi is not very good lately, John Carter, Tron anyone? Lucas has been making it a kids movie since the Ewoks of ROTJ so I can see why he did this besides the truckloads of $. I will keep expectations low and who knows might get surprised with a good Star Wars flick.

Tron was "meh", wasn't for my liking.

John Carter was dope to me, I enjoyed it a lot.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know the material they have to work with, I just fear the milking of the name Star Wars and fear the ideas that might come with it.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never been a huge star wars fan. Guess i will check out tho. some of the comics are pretty dope.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Star Wars: Episode VII Will Be an "Original Story"
    Say your goodbyes to Grand Admiral Thrawn.
    by Max Nicholson OCTOBER 31, 2012

Yesterday, Star Wars fans were abuzz with excitement when Disney announced that they had acquired Lucasfilm in a $4.05 billion deal and were prepping a 2015 release for Star Wars: Episode VII.

Now, according to E! Online, a Lucasfilm source said that the plot of the film will be "an original story." This means that Episode VII will not be an adaptation of any existing licensed Star Wars material. So, for those of you with your hearts set on that Thrawn Trilogy, I'm afraid your dreams reside in the Netherworld of the Force.

This RUMOR only adds to the mystery and intrigue surrounding the third Star Wars trilogy, because, well... now we have no earthly idea what it's about.

One person who might have a clue is Dale ? , author of the unauthorized biography Skywalking: The Life And Films Of George Lucas. In a chat with TheWrap, ? revealed that he was able to read the outlines to Episodes VII, VIII and IX, but had to sign a confidentiality agreement preventing him from revealing the specifics of their contents.

"It was originally a 12-part saga," recalled ? . "The three most exciting stories were 7, 8 and 9. They had propulsive action, really interesting new worlds, new characters. I remember thinking, 'I want to see these 3 movies.'" He added that an older version of Luke Skywalker appears in the final trilogy. We'll see if any of these elements remain in the final version of the third trilogy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/31/star-wars-episode-vii-will-be-an-original-story
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Star Trek >>>> Fantasia Wars
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this ? is gonna be corny as ? with disney on it
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whelp i lost faith
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am indifferent about an episode VII
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    disney is an unstoppable corporate force
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just don't want this to be turned to some little kid ?
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "little kid ? " ? "corny as ? with disney on it" ?

LOL @ ? acting like Disney still only makes Mickey Mouse cartoons. Disney makes and distributes everything from G rating to the most violent R rating. But obviously any Star Wars movie wont go higher than a PG-13. Its not like Star Wars has ever been violent.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm honestly real conflicted on this...yes they've been successful with Marvel but...they destroyed John Carter...o its up in the air for me until i see some info on the direction they are going for the next 3. And I also think the casting choices in Episodes I-III were the main problem with those movies but thats just me.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to this
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you rewatch all the Star Wars movies you'll realize they where all ? .... Mainly because the acting and the characters lines where so bad... The actual story was good but I had problems getting around the terrible acting.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disney + Marvel + Lucas = BAWSE STATUS MICKEY

6FAFFB27-9E8F-4FF0-BB4B-FD8FCD82CC11-2728-000001369360D1C7.jpg
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    WTF? Episode 7..

MAAAAN, it's going to ruin Star Wars.

why the ? are people so negative about this? ruin Star Wars?? LOL. like the problem with the Prequels wasn't Lucas casting, directing and writing all of them? If Disney gets somebody like JJ Abrams or Whedon or del Toro (or perhaps even, dare I say....NOLAN?) to handle these flicks IT WILL BE A ? WRAP MY ? . Ppl have thrown Brad Bird name out there cuz he tight w/ Disney.....Brad Bird my ? ???? They do that, new trilogy is making dat 4 billion back in world box office alone. BET THAT.

look at what happened to Batman when they gave it to a dope director...

look at what happened to Bond when they gave it to a dope director...

and u know its gon be IMAX 3D

All these bitter-ass Star Wars fanatics that got nuthin else to say about this news other than "will we finally get the original unaltered trilogy in HD" need to sit the ? down. I'm tired of hearing you ? -ass ? complain all the time, seriously. Get off Lucas ? .
    It's a bunch of stuff they can get into with new star wars movies. Im hoping they start with Jacen Solo and his fall to the dark side or the rise of Darth Krayt

Them Jacen Solo stories is hot garbage. If they wanna adapt a post-RotJ Expanded Universe story, the ONLY one worth adapting is Legacy. Cade Skywalker would be the perfect protagonist for a new Star Wars trilogy. Dude is a Jedi that does drugs, ? ? , totes guns, and has a black rasta best friend. ? these sheltered suburban-ass Jedi, my ? is hood lol.

1266487-cade_skywalker.jpg
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    go head and eat ? george lucas