Will Romo still be a Cowboy next year?

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't think he should. The team will always be mediocre as long as he is there.

There is a reason he was undrafted. He sucks.

They should trade him, draft a new QB, and move on. I would blow up that whole team. Dez Bryant to the Jaguars for a 2nd rounder. Tony Romo to KC for whatever you can get. Demarcus Ware is great but he's getting up there in age, and if its rebuilding time you mindaswell ship him out and get a few draft picks in return.

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think he should. The team will always be mediocre as long as he is there.

There is a reason he was undrafted. He sucks.

They should trade him, draft a new QB, and move on. I would blow up that whole team. Dez Bryant to the Jaguars for a 2nd rounder. Tony Romo to KC for whatever you can get. Demarcus Ware is great but he's getting up there in age, and if its rebuilding time you mindaswell ship him out and get a few draft picks in return.

So now all of a sudden where qb's are drafted directly coincides with their success? Aren't you a patriots fan? Anyways, no I think Romo will be there next year. Regardless of his play the media is still making excuse for him and the cowboys are just like the eagles. All everyone talks about is "if their talent plays up to their potential blah blah blah" instead of looking at the product on the field. I think dallas will draft a qb next year somewhere in the first couple rounds and next year will be the last year romo gets to show and prove...
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    undercover romo vs vick thread
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should trade him, Romo is lacking that certain intangible imo to win. He doesn't even look like he cares and stay blaming Dez for his ? ups.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Romo can handle the pressure of being the Cowboys QB. After the 13-3 season in 07 the media has been proclaiming SB ever since but they've only produced 1 playoff appearance & win. The spotlight is too bright for him. The O-line hasn't been all that great either.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, without a doubt.

Stupid question.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    really wouldn't bother me ...
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Romo to the Jets.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    romo gonna be what drew bledsoe was to the pats

bledsoe atleast lead them to a superbowl in 96
  • Confidential Playa
    Confidential Playa Members Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    unfortunately he will still be a Cowboy.

we all know he sucks, so does JG but those are Jerry's boys and when you're one of Jerry's boys he'll come up with every excuse in the book to keep you around.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What has he accomplished for you cowboy fans? Honestly. I mean even the Cardinals have made it to the Superbowl since Romo's been there. Ask yourselves are you a Cowboys fan or a Romo fan.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i too cannot see him going anywhere. Even Chicago must be satisfied with Cutler compared to Romo (he is not a big as a ? as Cutler appears to be at times, but still)
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im a Skins fan, and I keep tellin Cowboys fans be careful what you wish for

Is Jay Cutler, on a 6-1 team, that much better (if at all) than Romo?

Its the scheme!!!

When Alex Smith can go 18/19 and leads the league in comp. %, but Romo throws 62 times, it should tell you something.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    romo will be there next year.. garrett will not be. yes romo has struggled this year.. his worst year as a starting qb. i blame him, but i also blame the offense being called. romo has talent, is normally quite accurate.. his problems come when he starts forcing throws, or being forced to throw over 30 times a game.. JG is more of the problem than romo.. but romo has to step it up.. or he wont be a cowboy for much longer
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most likely will be traded or released..I can see Jerry Jones getting super hyped and going after Geno Smith, but that would just set the franchise even further back since he is just the 2012 version of Andre Ware
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <<<<< Can't wait to see Romo do well (within reason) elsewhere, and see the Cowboys struggle for a decade to find a decent QB (as is the case with 95% of teams searching for a franchise QB)

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It took me awhile to see it but I am a converted Romo apologizer. Even though he is still Choke-mo to me. He is not the only problem. That whole team is absent a clutch player outside a couple of D players. And even then the D doesnt hold its own. Lets see how the rest of the year goes. If Demarco Murray can come back and play at least half the season, Romo might do better but if Felix is running the rock.

8994438-large.jpg