College student commits dat after the man who ? her is acquitted. (W/Pics)

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in AKA Donkey
By MATT BLAKE, PUBLISHED: 06:01 EST, 30 October 2012 |

A teenager hanged herself while suffering from severe depression after a man she accused of ? was acquitted, an inquest heard. Kayley Howson, 18, endured a three-year ordeal to bring the alleged assailant to court but he was cleared by a jury. The college student and budding poet was said to have taken the verdict ‘very, very hard’.

Two years later her mother found her hanged at her home. Yesterday, more than four years after the tragedy, a coroner described the ? investigation as a ‘catastrophic episode’ in her life. East Lancashire coroner Richard Taylor added: ‘She was a normal, slightly shy 14-year-old who was subjected to what the psychiatrist described as a catastrophic episode when she said she was sexually assaulted. The effects were traumatic.

‘We must never ever forget that this was a young girl, just trying to be normal, trying to grow up.’ When Miss Howson was 14 she told a teacher she had been ? , the inquest heard. The case went to court in 2006 and Miss Howson gave evidence via video link. Her mother Janet Mitchell, 52, told the inquest: ‘Giving evidence was hard for her. Kayley started self-harming after revealing what had allegedly happened. She was a completely different person from before, overcome with waves of depression.

‘She’d go to her bedroom and write. Deep poetry was her way of expressing herself.’

Following the acquittal Miss Howson went on a downward spiral and took 12 overdoses of painkillers. ‘Kayley was totally traumatised,’ her mother said in an interview. ‘The police officers felt terrible, too. They said they felt they’d let her down. ‘Kayley blamed herself. She believed everyone would think she was a liar. ‘It was heartbreaking watching my little girl crumble.’

The inquest was told Miss Howson, who had hopes of becoming a psychiatric nurse, was also prescribed the controversial drug Depakote. Its makers have faced lawsuits in America over claims it was used improperly for schizophrenia and autism. The inquest heard Miss Howson’s dosage of Depakote had to be lowered after she started suffering side effects including stomach cramps and backache.

Nine days before her death she abruptly stopped taking the drug after seeing her doctor. Mrs Mitchell told the inquest, which was delayed due to difficulties assembling witnesses: ‘It was immediately noticeable there was a change in her. Her mood swings became worse.’

In March 2008 Miss Howson was found hanged at home in Burnley. A note was found and her diary showed she had been experiencing suicidal thoughts. The coroner recorded a narrative verdict. He added: ‘Her diary is private and not for public consumption but I have seen it and it describes an intelligent person with rational thoughts trying to work out what was happening to her.’

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn yall mean,almost evil wow
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Uh if she was a ride or die chick, she would've clapped that ? like old man did to Nino Brown.

The least she could've did since she was going to off herself over it was take that ? with her.

My guess is she committed that for another reason.

• High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to the internet.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to the internet.

Where ? to give can be found on milk cartons at your local grocery store
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    some of you might overlook this
    A teenager hanged herself while suffering from severe depression after a man she accused of ? was acquitted, an inquest heard.

• rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? wildin'
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Want to play internet tough guys and ? jokes about ? and suicide, make the thread in Donkey...? 's getting clapped next time no warnings/deletions given...
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    some of you might overlook this
    A teenager hanged herself while suffering from severe depression after a man she accused of ? was acquitted, an inquest heard.

What's your point?

If she were lying the truth or at least some inconsistencies would've come out over the course of the FOUR year process to try to get him convicted.

I'm curious to hear the details of the case.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I fail to see how the O/P was making fun of the victim by including pictures. Doesn't the news do the same thing?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    video evidence? I'm confused... If they had video evidence, how did he get off?

Not enough information here. I have an idea on what might have happened, but I won't ASSume. SMH, I will never understand this suicide ? .
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    State? She looks very familiar, so does the brunette.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Never mind, seems like it might be UK ? , don't know this muffin eatin tea drinking woman.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2012
    Options
    What it do Conflicto.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Want to play internet tough guys and ? jokes about ? and suicide, make the thread in Donkey...? 's getting clapped next time no warnings/deletions given...

@blackrain not like it was the t/s fault, he wasn't involved.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a G&S thread and this is sad and ? is very destructive to the mind. SMH and those who think it's funny well if you get ? I bet your mind will break and I'll like to see you recover yourself.
  • VIBE
    Options
    #Conflict wrote: »
    #Conflict wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    What it do Conflicto.
    how's the family?

They're doing well.

Getting ready to stock up on free candy.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah i'm not able to ? jokes about a 14 year old getting ? and then being miserable for 4 years until she hung herself.

moving this thread to donkey was kindof a ? move.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

@blackrain not like it was the t/s fault, he wasn't involved.
    yeah i'm not able to ? jokes about a 14 year old getting ? and then being miserable for 4 years until she hung herself.

@BoldChild Blame the posters who came in popping jokes from the beginning...
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    bitchdontkillmyvibe Members Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Options
    They say accused because he wasn't convicted, ? . no ? .
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    bitchdontkillmyvibe Members Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Options
    everyone else figured out who I am two days ago.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thing is, we don't know all the particulars on this case. Interestingly, I can't find anything on the age of the guy that allegedly ? her. There's NEVER a shortage of info regarding the guy that is accused of ? , but in this case there is. Could it have been a guy around her age, give or take a couple of years, that she crushed on hard, he rejected her and subsequently cried ? on for revenge? There's also conflicting accounts of her age when it happened, some stories report it as 14 when it happened, others say she was 13. Additionally... she killed herself back in 2008, 4 years ago. Why is this coming to light now?

something's wrong with this whole ? ...
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thing is, we don't know all the particulars on this case. Interestingly, I can't find anything on the age of the guy that allegedly ? her. There's NEVER a shortage of info regarding the guy that is accused of ? , but in this case there is. Could it have been a guy around her age, give or take a couple of years, that she crushed on hard, he rejected her and subsequently cried ? on for revenge? There's also conflicting accounts of her age when it happened, some stories report it as 14 when it happened, others say she was 13. Additionally... she killed herself back in 2008, 4 years ago. Why is this coming to light now?

something's wrong with this whole ? ...

the laws in england are very different in this regard - they're set up to protect people who are falsely accused which is why there isn't isn't much info on the "accused" (called that because he wasn't convicted).

it's strange that your instinct is to be suspicious to the point where you're creating fantasy scenarios to justify a ruling that seems by nearly all involved to have been the wrong call. if you don't have certain information it doesn't make much sense to just fill in the blanks with guesswork.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does the age of the male really matter?

How do you feel differently if it's a 14 year old compared to an 18 year old?

simple. As I said, we don't know all the particulars on this case and the media reports are surprisingly scares on them, which is highly unusual, so we don't know if this was a classmate, kid from the block, or whatnot. It could be as simple as the girl had sex at an early age then got scared her parents would find out so she cried ? . It could have been someone she was interested in, got rejected, and was looking to get revenge. When that revenge didn't pan out like she wanted to she spiraled (to use a cry of ? as revenge pretty much makes you batshit insane to begin with). This is where age comes into play. If the guy was around her age, it's more plausible to think that, however, if he was not, it would have just been a case of ? ... But again, we don't have any details on the alleged act because, once again, the news reports have never once mentioned the accused or gone into any details on the "attack".

And before you jump into some whole "why would she cry ? for revenge" ? , please read the following:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/crime/s/1586025_woman-from-salford-who-falsely-accused-boyfriend-of-? -after-facebook-row-jailed-for-four-months
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/25/local/la-me-? -dismiss-20120525
    http://mcalesternews.com/local/x253540943/Stigler-woman-pleads-guilty-to-falsely-accusing-man-of-?
    http://www.wvec.com/home/Teen-claimed-she-was-? -now-charged-with-filing-a-false-report-172166011.html