COMPARED TO THE PEOPLE YOU GREW UP WITH/SCHOOLED WITH. HOW ARE YOU DOING IN LIFE?

Options
MARIO_DRO
MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
IM LOOKING ON FACEBOOK AND I KEEP IN TOUCH WITH A COUPLE OF FOLKS THAT I GREW UP WITH AND WENT TO SCHOOL WITH. WE TALK ABOUT PEOPLE THAT WE SEE FROM OUR H.S. DAYS AND ITS AMAZING HOW THEY GREW UP TO BE.

SOME OF THE SMARTEST PEOPLE IN H.S. GREW UP AND AINT DOING ? ! 85% OF THE GIRLS ARE 2-3X THEIR H.S. WEIGHT AND THE DUDES ARE JUST "WORKING" IT'S KINDA SAD THAT PEOPLE JUST LET YEARS PASS AND DONT DO ANYTHING TO BETTER THEIR LIVES

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of my closest friends are doing really.

• VIBE
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Most of my closest friends are doing really well.

**edit
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm doing better than most of the black people I went to high school with, it looks like im the only one with a legitimate shot to be rich. Im the only one making moves in AND outside of the classroom. Most of my classmates are now STILL living at home and are working full-time minimum wage jobs and they arent in college. A lot of them are having kids already and are really ? themselves up for their financial futures, I feel bad for em...

"To be a billionaire I got a shot like Danny Ainge"
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    4 of em died so I'm doing better by default.

I'm doing better than a lot of people I grew up around but as far as school goes, I'm doing well.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    couple months back, ? a came up with won 1 million on a scratch off
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    the people that i hung with are in jail, dead or doing the same dumb ? .

it's always the ones you least expect that wind up being pastors tho...
    went home and that ? exploded my mind...
    like "wasn't this ? 17 knocking down 13 year olds? he was one of them ? that hung around the highschool 2 years after graduating."

I HAD DUDES THAT DROPPED OUT OF H.S. IN THE 9TH GRADE, BUT WOULD HANG OUT AT THE SCHOOL ALLLL DAM DAY!.. ? MADE ZERO SENSE!

ONE OF THEM ? DROPPED OUT AND WAS STILL PLAYING IN THE BAND!.. WHAT KIND BUMB ? IS THAT?
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

like "wasn't this ? 17 knocking down 13 year olds? he was one of them ? that hung around the highschool 2 years after graduating."

word, the most unexpecting people become religious

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ehh, top 30% i'd say... alot of em went to the military or got a contractin gig overseas. them ? that did that contracting mail ? overseas came back wit 6 figures, age 21-22. my ? went the college route

got a good lil gig but i'm just eatin straight, i aint ballin. whip game still average, and not because im frugal. on the come up tho

but if you look at the bigger picture, i say in 3 years i'll be in top 5%. slow n steady wins the race
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »
    ehh, top 30% i'd say... alot of em went to the military or got a contractin gig overseas. them ? that did that contracting mail ? overseas came back wit 6 figures, age 21-22. my ? went the college route

got a good lil gig but i'm just eatin straight, i aint ballin. whip game still average, and not because im frugal. on the come up tho

but if you look at the bigger picture, i say in 3 years i'll be in top 5%. slow n steady wins the race

Your in Atlanta bro, money flows down here.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Majority is mostly fat and yes including the guys or fatter, some are doing decent and to very good. The ones doing poorly I don't know. So I'm 28 now and doing pretty well for myself. So I guess we'll see.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so far i think im doing close to the best.

i was the guy in the class people knew about but didnt know enough about and didnt think i would equal to anything because i wasn't in with the cool crowd.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Little JJ wrote: »
    Perfect wrote: »

Your in Atlanta bro, money flows down here.

no i'm not bo, im in charlotte
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of my close friends are doing well, but as for all the ? I went to high school with? Man, life hit them muhfuckas strong and fast
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options

I HAD DUDES THAT DROPPED OUT OF H.S. IN THE 9TH GRADE, BUT WOULD HANG OUT AT THE SCHOOL ALLLL DAM DAY!.. ? MADE ZERO SENSE!

ONE OF THEM ? DROPPED OUT AND WAS STILL PLAYING IN THE BAND!.. WHAT KIND BUMB ? IS THAT?

stop playin...

IM DEAD ASS.. ? NAME WAS DERICK SCOTT.. HE WOULD WALK UP 2 THE SCHOOL EVERYDAY, AFTER HE DROPPED OUT.. AND THEY STILL LET HIM PLAY IN THE BAND CAUSE THEY NEEDED MORE BASS DRUM PLAYERS
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't talk to anyone from when I was younger.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I know a few who have done time for robbery or ? , murder and I know some who have died.

Crazy when you reflect on the who's because some of them are surprising.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I'm average. My high school valedictorian still mystifies me though. he went to vanderbuilt and graduated with honors in chemical engineering, then graduated from harvard law school, and he gets out of the seminary as a catholic priest next year. Saying he was the tokken black in high school is an understatement. The white girl that finished salutatorian got a full ride to Dartmouth but turned it down and went to the local college because she couldn't be away from her parents. I think she's teaching at the highschool now. The blacks from my highschool generally do really really really well. My friend is an electrical engineer for Ratheon that has multiple satellites that he was the lead on the project in space right now, one home girl is a pharmacy tech in florida and My home girl flips houses all over dfw.
  • MARIO_DRO
    Options
    ITS JUST CRAZY CAUSE MOST OF US GREW UP WITH OUR PARENTS MAKING ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY.. SAME MORALS AND COME TO FIND OUT, ON OF MY CLOSES H.S. BUDDIES WAS SLEEPIN IN HIS DAM CAR FOR MONTHS!.. ? WAS SMART AS ? IN H.S. I GUESS HE GREW UP AND DECIDED TO SELL DRUGS AND BEEN DOWN EVER SINCE
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw the "most likely to succeed "dude from my senior yearbook @ a fedex store working counter...safe to say they put too much pressure o. him

i have met a few others who graduated college...nurses ...just middle class lifestyle.....
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    I saw the "most likely to succeed "dude from my senior yearbook @ a fedex store working counter...safe to say they put too much pressure o. him
    i have met a few others who graduated college...nurses ...just middle class lifestyle.....

trust me, everything aint what it seems.....
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of them seem happy with life.

So that means they are doing well.

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Winning' is all I have to say about my situation to a lot of my fellow classmates. Out of my circle of friends with the exception if 1 I make more than all of them(although fortunately none of us are struggling). Also I'm one of the only two to not have kids out of all of us(even though everyone predicted my mannish ass to have em first).

The rest of those ? I went to high school with I kind of laugh at them. I told them not to take out those expensive school loans for college, they told me I was stupid. Now their credit is ? for life, while I'm about to buy myself a bomb ass spot out in Frisco in about six months with no co-signer.