How Do You Politely Tell Someone To Shut The F**k Up

Options
Bodhi
Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
This man at work keeps talking to me about the "good news". I'm bout to ? snap.

Comments

• bigstevie
    bigstevie Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    Tell him u give no ?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I'ma just tell him I don't wanna talk about that right now.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Short answers.

"Oh"

"That's nice"

"Uh huh"

Or silence.

Or you can just say you don't care and ask him to please be quiet.
  • bitchdontkillmyvibe
    bitchdontkillmyvibe Members Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You have to ignore him and not respond to it. This is how you get kids to shut up anyway. And by good news do you mean gospel?
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Lol, wasn't a similar thread made not too long ago?). Believe me bruh. I've/we've all been there. But there are all kinds of different ways to resolve the issue professionally. Be upfront and let him know that you don't feel like talking and/or hearing him. Just don't be a ? about it. If he's giving you a headache, tell him you got one and would rather be left alone. If you need to get work done, tell him that. I really don't know your specific situation though so meh.

There are lots of annoying people in this world, so you're bound to work with at least one of them. Just gotta deal with it. I'm guessing the "good news" is him having a baby? New parents are woat.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    to shut the ? up sir.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    aint nobody tryna hear that ? .
  • Bodhi
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You have to ignore him and not respond to it. This is how you get kids to shut up anyway. And by good news do you mean gospel?

Yeah he's a super Christian and I try to keep my religious tolerance game on at work because that's one of the things you want to avoid including race, politics and gender. I don't like discussing them at work (I try to keep that outside) because people hold extremely different views and are passionate about them and the workplace just isn't the time to get into an argument or debate because then no one is focusing on the job and it can escalate and nobody looks at each other the same anymore and then we have to work it out and somebody can get fired... ehh I just want to avoid all that. But this guy... THIS ? HERE. He's like I'mGoingToHeaven IRL.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    grab ya nuts (II) and tell that ? to step off

this could work

• Bodhi
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I don't want to tell him I don't believe in ? because I try to keep my religious beliefs private at work. If I knew him outside of the job, I'd be happy to tell him but this isn't the place for that.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "? shut yo ass up....please."
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    Options
    "no disrespect, but I really need you to keep your views and optinions to yourself. I'm trying to get work done. Thanks."
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I don't want to rude or offend you and I respect your love for ? , but my relationship with ? is personal, and don't really enjoy discussing these things in the work atmosphere."
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Good thing about Canadians, able to shoot people down with politeness :))
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah he's a super Christian and I try to keep my religious tolerance game on at work because that's one of the things you want to avoid including race, politics and gender. I don't like discussing them at work (I try to keep that outside) because people hold extremely different views and are passionate about them and the workplace just isn't the time to get into an argument or debate because then no one is focusing on the job and it can escalate and nobody looks at each other the same anymore and then we have to work it out and somebody can get fired... ehh I just want to avoid all that. But this guy... THIS ? HERE. He's like I'mGoingToHeaven IRL.

satanic_ramhead.jpg

Wear one of these around your neck and make sure he sees it the next time he comes to your desk. Then, after you're sure he's seen it, spin around in your chair and babble nonsense like you're possessed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq75xX6Ejik

He won't be back.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    is the "good news" some ? about ? ? i did not know that. is that a common reference?

yup

Just tell him to "chill, i'm working." or something like that. Negative body language
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    And then if he says "well why, ? don't mind?", you can say "Idk, I feel it takes away from the whole experience. When I am work I like to focus on work. Like Matt6:6 says; when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Doing that has worked out well for me."
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh, you could also snitch to HR. It's against most corporate HR policies for employees to proselytize while on the clock.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Good sir, please, Shut the ? up."
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "ok"
    i say that after the opposing persons sentence when he/she wont drop a topic i really dont want to talk about or im done talking about. sometimes they get the memo that i dont give a ?

i said it to my professor once when she tried to ? on me. my friends were around and they busted out laughing because they knew what i was trying to tell her. the professor was looking clueless as ?
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just tell them *shrug* ..."fam im busy ...? off for a bit"
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just walk off...
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Got twenty ways to tell you shut the ? up
    Nineteen of 'em are 24 bars long, the other one goes (SHUT THE ? UP!)"
  • Bodhi
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Dude: hey brother I would like for you to hear the news I have for you. No make that the good news about ? .

haha.. this is what he sounds like too. You could be talking about anything out there and he'll tie it in. He'll be like hey man you workin hard?. I'm like what's goin on brother man? Yeah trying to stay warm out here. This man will go, trying to stay warm?! well you know what keeps us warm right?! right?! the word of Jesus, my man. [quotes bible verses] and proceeds to go off on a tangent... I'm like.... ahhhhhhhhhhh FUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!