SO, THE NEW TREND IS TO ? YOURSELF.. SMH

Options
MARIO_DRO
MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
WHY DO PEOPLE CONSTANTLY FOLLOW TRENDS?

BULLYING IS NOTHING NEW, ITS BEEN AROUND FOR AGES

BACK IN THE DAY, IF YOU WERE BULLIED, YOU EITHER TOLD YA FRIENDS, YA PARENTS AND IT GOT HANDLED

NOWADAYS, KIDS THINK THE ANSWER IS KILLING THEMSELVES BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE BEING MEAN TO THEM?

THEY SHOULD ATLEAST ? THE PEOPLE THAT ARE MESSING WITH THEM, LEARN HOW TO FIGHT, LEARN HOW TO TALK ? OR LEARN HOW TO SHRUG THAT ? OFF! BUT KILLING YOURSELF AINT THE ANSWER!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    do we have statistics that show an increase in suicide? or r we letting the media shape our perception?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149663/Shock-15-rise-suicides-recession-unemployment-bankruptcy-toll.html

U.S. Suicide Rate Increases
    http://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2008/baker_suicide.html

The claim that suicide is increasing is not baseless
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you're 100% right (nevermind the killing your bullies part), but haven't we covered this topic to death already?

making the point that suicide by bullying is a trend is interesting, but i disagree. these kids aren't so much following a trend to ? themselves because of bullying. it's just that bullies are following a trend to use technology (phones and the internet) to revolutionize the art of "bullying." the suicides of the depressed victims are just a symptom of that trend, so i wouldn't call the suicides a trend in themselves.

suicide from depression has existed for several centuries now. it's nothing new.

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol damn Jamel, why u gotta diss J-pop culture fam? AFAIC, it alls boils down to being weak minded as ? and being out of touch with reality (which we do agree on).
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think there is more to the rise in suicide than just bullying.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't have to be bullied to want to be off the face of this Earth.

? is depressing.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you are seeing the effects of too much of an influence from japanese pop culture.

look at the way these kids dress, looking just like some ? out of an anime right?
    look at the way they doing their hair?
    look at the way they express themselves online and in real life...

they are consuming so much of it that they dont know when to shut it off and realize that this is real life, and not a backwards comic book or an anime...
    why the ? go-go dancers got cat ears and tails now? the ? going on round here?

You think it's an influence from Japan affecting the rise in suicides in the western world ?

I gotta disagree. I do think some of the reasons why suicide is so popular in Japan may be some of the same reasons why it is increasing in the west.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    do we have statistics that show an increase in suicide? or r we letting the media shape our perception?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149663/Shock-15-rise-suicides-recession-unemployment-bankruptcy-toll.html

U.S. Suicide Rate Increases
    http://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-releases/2008/baker_suicide.html

The claim that suicide is increasing is not baseless

good looking out...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let the emo ? and bronies take themselves out.

they are doing us a favor.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEAH THE WORLD IS DEPRESSING BUT ITS ALSO JOYOUS...

JUST DEPENDS ON HOW YOU LET ? AFFECT YOU...

TEENS DONT HAVE BALANCE.. LIKE OLE GIRL THAT YALL POSTED THIS WEEK THAT ABORTED HER BABY
    CAUSE SHE DIDNT GET ENOUGH LIKES ON FB.. WHAT KINDA ? IS THAT
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suicide is almost glorified, especially on the net.

The kids who off themselves make some sort of "heart wrenching, inspirational" video, ? themselves and go viral. It's almost like a rapper dying then being highly praised for nothing. I think these people want that after being in such a dark place for a long time. Knowing you're ending your life, you're ending the ? and you'll live on as some sort of figure to someone.

That's how I see it, that's why it's such a "trend".

Doesn't happen that way for everyone though, but for the most part I'm saying.
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't have to be bullied to want to be off the face of this Earth.

? is depressing.

Sounds like your speaking from personal experience. Do you care to share your story? You never know you might save a life.
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This generation is weak as ? . Killing yourself is a selfish bitchmade act.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Babies.

I'll wipe everything form my hard drive's, take everything out of my back account, and simply leave a note saying to cremate me, and do whatever with the ashes, throw them away or something.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My question is what makes it a trend now? Like you say bullying has been around, so has suicide. Before the media was sensationalizing these sad stories, it was some kid some where killing himself for whatever reason. Why is the trend now to discuss suicide, when nobody gave a ? before?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    The world is gettin soft. U cant beat ur kids no more, u cant bully, u cant beat ur women smh....
  • _Goldie_
    edited October 2012
    Options
    No thats just people being weak minded and soft. If ur a child, that will probably put ur parents into depression for most of their life and if u are a parent then thats like a big ? YOU to the kids. I cant cosign suicide , nothing but a coward move....
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you are seeing the effects of too much of an influence from japanese pop culture.

look at the way these kids dress, looking just like some ? out of an anime right?
    look at the way they doing their hair?
    look at the way they express themselves online and in real life...

they are consuming so much of it that they dont know when to shut it off and realize that this is real life, and not a backwards comic book or an anime...
    why the ? go-go dancers got cat ears and tails now? the ? going on round here?

I think it's kinky when girls dress up like anime chicks lol. I don't care how people dress up, but when you are an individual, you need to let ? know you don't play.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My question is what makes it a trend now? Like you say bullying has been around, so has suicide. Before the media was sensationalizing these sad stories, it was some kid some where killing himself for whatever reason. Why is the trend now to discuss suicide, when nobody gave a ? before?

until relatively recently most suicides weren't classified as such due to religious reasons and shame and so-forth.

ain't nothing new about suicide and it's not really a trend - the only trend is the media coverage of suicide in terms of bullying and also the increase in suicides due to parents drugging their children with no regard to the fact that suicide is actually a known side-effect of many anti-depressants.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people can't handle pressure for ? , no wonder why they like being in the oppressor position.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    White people can't handle pressure for ? , no wonder why they like being in the oppressor position.

Smartest thing you said in a while.
  • _Goldie_
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Mfs was loving life in 99 lol , then Bush got in office smh

suicide_rate_since_1993_2010.jpg