SO, THE NEW TREND IS TO ? YOURSELF.. SMH

Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »
    You don't have to be bullied to want to be off the face of this Earth.

? is depressing.

Sounds like your speaking from personal experience. Do you care to share your story? You never know you might save a life.

Not at all...I've never even contemplated suicide.

I adjusted my view on life a long time ago and that view has got me through some tough times.

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    woman hold her head and cry
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "The stress is building up,
    I can't, I can't believe suicide's on my ? mind,
    I wanna leave I swear to ? I feel like death is ? calling me
    Naw you wouldn't understand
    You see it's kinda like the ? did to Pookie, in New Jack
    Except when I cross over, there ain't no comin' back"
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Water bottles.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the signs are there that J-pop is invading the US at rapid pace.
    yall just aint made the correlation yet.

This is really the only part I really wanted to touch on. I would say at least from a sales perspective (just like in hip hop) that is has mostly stagnated, but in this era where everything can be obtained for tha free, I don't really really know to be honest. I mean I really don't talk to other anime fans like I used to but the places I would frequent back in the day (Anime News Network & Anime on DVD forums) had a lot of well rounded, mature people. Granted they were mostly adults anyway. I really think it's this bitchmade generation rather than the material. Also to note I'm from a different generation of anime fandom as well (when the ? was actually good), I think the generation and the really ? stuff being produced now coincide with one another, speaking specifically about the culture (hell, it even falls in to hip hop culture as well).

Long story short, every thing turned to ? around the same time. Take that as you wish though.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Suicide is almost glorified, especially on the net.

The kids who off themselves make some sort of "heart wrenching, inspirational" video, ? themselves and go viral. It's almost like a rapper dying then being highly praised for nothing. I think these people want that after being in such a dark place for a long time. Knowing you're ending your life, you're ending the ? and you'll live on as some sort of figure to someone.

That's how I see it, that's why it's such a "trend".

Doesn't happen that way for everyone though, but for the most part I'm saying.

I actually gotta agree with this. Great point you made.

I've heard that the reason why Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris shot up Columbine was because they wanted to go down in history. They wanted that infamy. To think that these kids who are committing suicide are doing it for the same reason makes sense.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Suicide is almost glorified, especially on the net.

The kids who off themselves make some sort of "heart wrenching, inspirational" video, ? themselves and go viral. It's almost like a rapper dying then being highly praised for nothing. I think these people want that after being in such a dark place for a long time. Knowing you're ending your life, you're ending the ? and you'll live on as some sort of figure to someone.

That's how I see it, that's why it's such a "trend".

Doesn't happen that way for everyone though, but for the most part I'm saying.

This and in this country we dont mental illness or wellness seriously enough

Either we over medicate or under medicate an individual...and than a lot of services arent covered by medic al insurance providers

Soldiers returning from war account for a lot of these suicides so thats something to think about as well
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I haven't seen evidence that the kids that are killing themselves aren't mentally deranged in the first place. The girl that jumped in front of the train had a mental break after being exposed by football players and we don't know what they told her during the "mediation" that they had. She was prob told to ? and don't make it hard for the jocks with your slutty ways. She was a foster kid in group homes which makes me think she was already damaged and stopped giving a ? . How can we think that a kid who tried to commit that over a B, but got dealt with wasn't mentally deranged.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also theres this stigma attached to depression and other mental illnesses.

Usually when a person admits they are depressed or whaeva they are dismissed as being crazy or weak minded which consequently leads to a lot of people suffering in silence until they finally just give up on life
  • unRealLady1
    unRealLady1 Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats not why everyone feel like dying. Alot of times the thoughts of dying come from when the blamers constantly point the blame the wrong direction, you make the person feel like dying, wishing they wasnt here, so you can see they are not the blame. Who would u blame then? thats the question.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Real Lady1 wrote: »
    thats not why everyone feel like dying. Alot of times the thoughts of dying come from when the blamers constantly point the blame the wrong direction, you make the person feel like dying, wishing they wasnt here, so you can see they are not the blame. Who would u blame then? thats the question.

I gotta co-sign this

thats not why everyones feel like dying either, alot times they just don't feel like living, but not like not living as in dying,cuz alot females dye their hairs. thats foolishness,I mean its cool for some,but not for some, feel me? And sometimes you just want to lay in bed, tired, like in pooped.Thats not wanting to die. Toni Braxton can't pay her bills, she broke,everybody thought the show was a success,she had Family Values.Negative, WE was wrong. Don't give up live your life.

• BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo some of these ? are just bounty soft

u make fun of someone missing a shot in a game

nxt thing you know tha ? tries to jump off his roof that night

its like billy we knew u werent ? , but dayum ? , stop playing nba 2k13 and start practicing mothefucker
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suicide is a brave act
  • bigstevie
    bigstevie Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    Kids r soft nowadays n dont know how to communicate
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause kids are ? these days.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    do we have statistics that show an increase in suicide? or r we letting the media shape our perception?

how ? gon cosign a question

"are these stats or is the media telling us this?"

*cosign*

wtf. sheep ass ?
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blame Kurt Cobain...
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    As far as bullying goes.. in my day..You'd get bullied in School then go home and not have to worry about it until school the next day. These kids now are getting bullied 24hrs a day.

This whole social media connection is making kids, who haven't developed the capacity and strength to deal with bullying, ...off themselves. You have to remember that the Internet is relatively new.

10 Yrs ago Yahoo chats and Blackplanet was the hot spot.. and even with that, kids didnt have smart phones and access to wifi 24hrs a day. Even on here people get mad at screen names .. SCREEN NAMES!. So social media can really affect the mind of a kid/teen...especially a teen who is trying to earn the respect of their peers.

With that said.. I do think kids are a little softer, but not through any fault of their own doing. As society progresses we become knowledgable about more things that could potentially hurt us. In our effort to give our future kids a fighting chance at life, we institute a lot of preventative measure and try our best to equip them with as many safeguards as possible.

PeeWee football and concussions are a prime example of this. But our Quality of life is WAYYYY better than previous generations
  • Shuffington
    Options
    yo some of these ? are just bounty soft

u make fun of someone missing a shot in a game

nxt thing you know tha ? tries to jump off his roof that night

its like billy we knew u werent ? , but dayum ? , stop playing nba 2k13 and start practicing mothefucker

Well another thing...

Alot of you are so damn negative... your first reaction is a negative one...
    You might care... but from a kids point of view.. They dont see it..!

Billy is already vulnerable from being picked on... then you tell him he aint ? ...

thats not really helpful to a kid. Thats not gonna build his self esteem.
    ...they dont have anybody in their corner.

And old people are the worse cause all they do is ? on the new generation.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Getting bullied at school is one thing, you can't really control that but If you are getting bullied online its your fault.

Log off.

Yes its that simple
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHY DO PEOPLE CONSTANTLY FOLLOW TRENDS?

BULLYING IS NOTHING NEW, ITS BEEN AROUND FOR AGES

BACK IN THE DAY, IF YOU WERE BULLIED, YOU EITHER TOLD YA FRIENDS, YA PARENTS AND IT GOT HANDLED

NOWADAYS, KIDS THINK THE ANSWER IS KILLING THEMSELVES BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE BEING MEAN TO THEM?

THEY SHOULD ATLEAST ? THE PEOPLE THAT ARE MESSING WITH THEM, LEARN HOW TO FIGHT, LEARN HOW TO TALK ? OR LEARN HOW TO SHRUG THAT ? OFF! BUT KILLING YOURSELF AINT THE ANSWER!
    Dro, suicide has always come in groups, it's like the ? is contagious. This is not a new thing, its been happening for decades it's why they tried not to publicize suicides for a long time. Once one suicide becomes public there is a rash of them.

You see the same with school/mass shootings. When there is a "successful" one you see a rash of them.

Simply put people are lemmings.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why the ? go-go dancers got cat ears and tails now?

This especially perturbs me.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so is every generation getting "softer" now? because i'm pretty sure my grandparents talked ? about my parents generation being ? with woodstock and everyone ? about Vietnam and draft dodging, etc..., and so our parents generation talks about our generation for not being worth a ? , and here everyone sits saying the kids in school now are some ? . so are people really moving that way, or are we just progressing into being grumpy old men?
  • Shuffington
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Getting bullied at school is one thing, you can't really control that but If you are getting bullied online its your fault.

Log off.

Yes its that simple

No its not... not at all!

kids do everything online now... through their computers or smartphones... from watching TV listening to music.. looking up directions... playing games.. chatting with friends... posting pictures ....on and on and on.. to where everything is interconnected.

they've been raised in the computer age and are completely apart of the eco system.

The concept of logging off doesn't even register. They would have to find a replacement .... but what can replace this?.. board games?

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    so is every generation getting "softer" now? because i'm pretty sure my grandparents talked ? about my parents generation being ? with woodstock and everyone ? about Vietnam and draft dodging, etc..., and so our parents generation talks about our generation for not being worth a ? , and here everyone sits saying the kids in school now are some ? . so are people really moving that way, or are we just progressing into being grumpy old men?

I half way agree. I think people talk ? on the younger generation because they are bitter they are getting old, but I do think there is proof we are getting softer. For christ's sake you can't even call someone a ? anymore.