Meek Mill Projected to Do 175-200K First Week

Options
Kame
Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in The Reason
shout out to Skooby

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09177m01

With much of the East Coast still digging its way out from superstorm Sandy's wake, there's a larger margin of error than usual in this week's numbers. But Maybach/Warner Bros. hip-hop phenom Meek Mill is stepping out strong, leading the key debuts with a projected 175-200k for his Dreams & Nightmares. He's got a huge constituency in New York, though, so the figures we're seeing may be unusually susceptible to this very inclement weather.
In other new-release news, Rod Stewart's holiday set on Verve is expected to ring in 80-85k; country stalwart Toby Keith (Showdog) should fetch 50-55k; Neil Young's newest on Reprise, the possibly non-prescription Psychedelic Pill, is due to ingest 30-35k; A&M/Octone's Flyleaf is on track for 15-18k; and Ultra/Roc Nation/Columbia EDM hero Calvin Harris will likely move 10-12k.

We'll keep you posted on these and other titles as things slowly return to relative normalcy--and, as ever, we send our best wishes to everyone who's been weathering the storm.

Comments

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just like what I predicted.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good drop. I like Meek as an artist so I'm happy for him but I'm not buying. ? is basically DC3. I prefer this album over wack ass ambition but Wale definitely has the most potential on that label because he's versatile....
  • Kame
    Options
    I actually like the album... still listening to it

but yeah supposedly he has a bunch of fans in NY, which is where most of his sales came from... this is with the hurricane too
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kame wrote: »

but yeah supposedly he has a bunch of fans in NY, which is where most of his sales came from... this is with the hurricane too

makes sense. Hip-hop missing that quality street music from the east coast and he fills that void. No 50 stans I didn't forget about wack as 5-0 either.....
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

NY, Jersey, Philly rock with Meek heavy. but his album is the furthest thing from a lot of people's minds right now
  • Kame
    Options

NY, Jersey, Philly rock with Meek heavy. but his album is the furthest thing from a lot of people's minds right now

how is ? over in Jersey right now with the hurricane?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's what's up. Don't know why this album is so hated on the IC.

Roc Nation lost though.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im bumpin the album now
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

my parents still don't have power, most of NOrth and Central Jersey don't have power. the Shore got ? on.From what i know, western South Jersey (by Philly) didn't get hit too badly. Obama just got to Atlantic City and is touring right now with Christie. Hudson County (across from NYC) has a curfew. Trees everywhere too. There's also a gas shortage in some places so there's long as lines. The highways are clear tho
  • Kame
    Options

my parents still don't have power, most of NOrth and Central Jersey don't have power. the Shore got ? on.From what i know, western South Jersey (by Philly) didn't get hit too badly. Obama just got to Atlantic City and is touring right now with Christie. Hudson County (across from NYC) has a curfew. Trees everywhere too. There's also a gas shortage in some places so there's long as lines. The highways are clear tho

? that's ? terrible
    worst that happened here was some rain and some woman died from some sign falling on here cause of the wind
    couple of trees here and there with some school cancellations as well
    good luck bro
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where do you live exactly
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Central Jersey, not far from Staten Island
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    edited October 2012
    Options

Im from South Carolina
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    central jersey? ? name your city

and did KK [post most of his sales come from NY during a ? hurricane where do folks come up with this ?

good numbers for meek
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

Im from South Carolina

imma check your thread
    lamontbdc wrote: »

and did KK [post most of his sales come from NY during a ? hurricane where do folks come up with this ?

good numbers for meek

Jersey is filled with a bunch of small towns but if you must know I'm in Piscataway right now
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just about what i expected .... them mmg ? is winnin right now ..... good look for the game....props to the youngn'
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

Im from South Carolina

imma check your thread

good numbers for meek

Jersey is filled with a bunch of small towns but if you must know I'm in Piscataway right now

yea i know that's why i asked i be in jersey 5 to 10 times a year sometimes more. got some folks in new brunswick and i'm always in atlantic city. I always take the back way there through a bunch of townships. route 40 i think
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    That's what's up. Don't know why this album is so hated on the IC.

Roc Nation lost though.
    how? They gettin money off this too
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They lost because that Calvin guy flopped. Do they manage Meek or something?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't got a chance to dive into it yet. Kendrick just received my money today, let's see if Meek will earn the same support... I'm not big on his other stuff but Faded Too Long was my ? .
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

That ? is alln over the city right now
  • genocidecutter
    Options

Im from South Carolina

imma check your thread

good numbers for meek

Thank you
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options