Meek Mill Projected to Do 175-200K First Week

Options

Comments

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How often are other artists in different genres pushing they ? back? Rappers these days ain't capitalizing on they hype. I kno there's extra politics behind it, but no wonder why niggaa ain't doin numbers like that.. they love to ? with their customers minds and double back to dropping a mixtape trying to recapture some hype in the mean time.

• Fridayhome
    Fridayhome Members Posts: 3
    Options
    The Mixtape is finally here new material!! Home But Not Free pt.2 FREE Download
    http://www.datpiff.com/Friday-AKA-Executive-Rick-Home-But-Not-Free-Part-2-mixtape.412550.html
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get it how Kendrick could sell 242k first week, Meek Mill been buzzin since 2 years back, he should do something like 400-500k
    man shut the ? up. I hope you meet nas one day and that dude hates you. you'll be too broken up to ever listen to another song again

I don't care if Nas hates me what matters is if I meet him and he can hate me i dont give a ? but I can be happy to meet my idol
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol y'all are so delusional about sales. Only people selling 500k first week are people like ye, jay-z, etc. If watch the throne moved 436k the first week what the ? makes you think meek could get close to those numbers....
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL What happened to Meek gonna sell more than Kendrick ???
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    LOL What happened to Meek gonna sell more than Kendrick ???

You do realize album sells after the first week right. Meek album could easily have legs if he has the right singles, it's how a album performs over the long run, not the first week.

PS Meek's album is average as ? to me.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick ? surprised all y'all haters.
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MMG= Underachievers and Hype.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nohiphop1 wrote: »

in what world is 175-200k underachieving?
  • nohiphop1
    Options

In the world of "being the hottest team out" "hottest rapper out"

The real world showed who's the hottest out by peoples ACTUAL (buying) demand going to artist like say, uh Kendrick.
    Ok, ok, not big difference. Oh say, Wayne/Drake. That's the look of achievement and hottest out.

In short bus answer: The hype DOES NOT match the response=underachieving. the word means doing less than expected. We don't need a global/world perception for it.
    Want another example? Lebron James 1 ring. bwahahahaha
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

The real world showed who's the hottest out by peoples ACTUAL (buying) demand going to artist like say, uh Kendrick.
    Ok, ok, not big difference. Oh say, Wayne/Drake. That's the look of achievement and hottest out.

In short bus answer: The hype DOES NOT match the response=underachieving. the word means doing less than expected. We don't need a global/world perception for it.

the ? are you talking about ..... facts all ? up ... sit yo hatin ass down somewhere .... lol
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    the ? is nohiphop1 talking bout
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    the ? is nohiphop1 talking bout

nothing much ............ just a bunch of ?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have to see if the real numbers match up. But those are great numbers if true. Never bought into that "the music industry/hip hop is dead nonsense anyway. This just the latest in a steady line of rappers sellin decent to good this year.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a damn good opening week these days. Cats are dropping bangers this year. Between Meek, Killer Mike, Kendrick and Nas, it's been a great year. Hopefully Tip can make it 5 for 5.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good for Meek he dropping Ross numbers!
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn.Proud of him
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

in the mid to late-90s to mid 2000s world
  • Big Sean Anderson
    Big Sean Anderson Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shout out to my ? meek for his B-I-G sales boii! A ? sean don def gon continue this 200K club when my ? come out this year boii! I dooo it! Make sure you cop dat new single guap on i tunes boii!
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

You do realize album sells after the first week right. Meek album could easily have legs if he has the right singles, it's how a album performs over the long run, not the first week.

PS Meek's album is average as ? to me.

Other than what's already out (Amen and Young & Getting It), what other songs on there you can say has the slightest probability of being a successful single, and more importantly, who's the chick in you sig?

No hate, but its downhill from here with this album. It's just not equipped like that to float high on the charts beyond a couple weeks. It's a mixtape/street album being pushed as retail.

• Davis eyebrow
    Davis eyebrow Members Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So who get credits? MMGbir RocNation?
  • nohiphop1
    edited November 2012
    Options

the ? are you talking about ..... facts all ? up ... sit yo hatin ass down somewhere .... lol

of course that would be your response when you're responded to with intelligence.
    how else would a ? like you answer?

next time i'll talk a little ignant for yall. I forgot ya;; types don't like to think, not that there was anything to think on what i type. peace ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How often are other artists in different genres pushing they ? back? Rappers these days ain't capitalizing on they hype. I kno there's extra politics behind it, but no wonder why niggaa ain't doin numbers like that.. they love to ? with their customers minds and double back to dropping a mixtape trying to recapture some hype in the mean time.

honestly i think the bigger issue is after the hype the album is so lackluster or equal to the free ? they gave out. I agree with you i thought meek shoulda dropped in the summer when he was higher buzzed than now. But now ? like meek have fire free ? and a solid album but its the same ? . Big sean had a dope mixtape and his singles aint ? so far for this actual album for the second cycle in a row. Same with Ross having a mixtape that=the album.