Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    nohiphop1 wrote: »
    MMG= Underachievers and Hype.

in what world is 175-200k underachieving?
    In the world of "being the hottest team out" "hottest rapper out"

The real world showed who's the hottest out by peoples ACTUAL (buying) demand going to artist like say, uh Kendrick.
    Ok, ok, not big difference. Oh say, Wayne/Drake. That's the look of achievement and hottest out.

In short bus answer: The hype DOES NOT match the response=underachieving. the word means doing less than expected. We don't need a global/world perception for it.
    Want another example? Lebron James 1 ring. bwahahahaha

the ? are you talking about ..... facts all ? up ... sit yo hatin ass down somewhere .... lol

of course that would be your response when you're responded to with intelligence.
    how else would a ? like you answer?

next time i'll talk a little ignant for yall. I forgot ya;; types don't like to think, not that there was anything to think on what i type. peace ? .

you know you got a cooky ass cracka mad when they misspelling ? from random key pounding
    CrackaPlease.jpg
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    How often are other artists in different genres pushing they ? back? Rappers these days ain't capitalizing on they hype. I kno there's extra politics behind it, but no wonder why niggaa ain't doin numbers like that.. they love to ? with their customers minds and double back to dropping a mixtape trying to recapture some hype in the mean time.

honestly i think the bigger issue is after the hype the album is so lackluster or equal to the free ? they gave out. I agree with you i thought meek shoulda dropped in the summer when he was higher buzzed than now. But now ? like meek have fire free ? and a solid album but its the same ? . Big sean had a dope mixtape and his singles aint ? so far for this actual album for the second cycle in a row. Same with Ross having a mixtape that=the album.

I just think its that these label people who are in charge of urban music, are in over their heads with pushing music. They were interns for so long, they thought it would come easy when it was their turn to be the person in power, but they were wrong. It dont take a rocket scientist to figure out when someone's buzz is at an all time high, it time to drop the album. Either that or the artist arent working, and some where throwing one's at a strippers ass cheeks.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for him. I don't listen to his music though nothing stands out to me. I tried listening to one of his mixtapes couldn't mess with it.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    How often are other artists in different genres pushing they ? back? Rappers these days ain't capitalizing on they hype. I kno there's extra politics behind it, but no wonder why niggaa ain't doin numbers like that.. they love to ? with their customers minds and double back to dropping a mixtape trying to recapture some hype in the mean time.

honestly i think the bigger issue is after the hype the album is so lackluster or equal to the free ? they gave out. I agree with you i thought meek shoulda dropped in the summer when he was higher buzzed than now. But now ? like meek have fire free ? and a solid album but its the same ? . Big sean had a dope mixtape and his singles aint ? so far for this actual album for the second cycle in a row. Same with Ross having a mixtape that=the album.

I just think its that these label people who are in charge of urban music, are in over their heads with pushing music. They were interns for so long, they thought it would come easy when it was their turn to be the person in power, but they were wrong. It dont take a rocket scientist to figure out when someone's buzz is at an all time high, it time to drop the album. Either that or the artist arent working, and some where throwing one's at a strippers ass cheeks.

youre right many of the top guys were moving up or interning when the record companies were in a different high sales state. i think you need to also sit down with the rapper and before you go on a heavy tour you have 90% of the album done. In meeks case like i mentioned earlier he pushed himself back. The reason he did was cause they had him touring OD which did help his mixtape promo and buzz. But they didn't have a complete album and expected him to finish an album on the road all summer and fall.

They should have had most of that album done (even if you had to take tracks off the mixtape like "used to" which go with the theme of the album. Then you drop while your hot. Cause the album would have sold more off his buzz than the content meek thought he had to add.