NYC, LA, and Chicago Fans: School Me on Your Teams' Fan Distribution

Options
Plutarch
Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know that it's not set in stone, but since you have multiple teams in one city, how are your fans distributed throughout the city?

For New Yorkers, what boroughs of New York City represent the Yankees/Mets, the Giants/Jets, and the Knicks/Nets pairs of teams? The Bronx of course represents the Yankees, and I think that Queens represent the Mets? Brookyln represents the Nets of course.

For LA, how is the Lakers/Clippers split between the city? NorCal v SoCal? And what about other cities in LA county like Compton and Gardena?

For Chicago, what's the White Sox/Cubs split? From what I know, the Southside represents the Cubs and the Northside represents the White Sox?

Obviously, I'm ignorant on these matters, but that's exactly why I want to know. I like general sports knowledge, and I'm just curious. Plus, I want to be able to tell who's a fake/bandwagon fan when it comes to these teams' fans. I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    LA:

No Clipper fans... like literally you wont catch em here... LA is known as a bandwagon city like when the LA kings won the stanley cup everyone and their momma had King Flags on their cars and wearing king jerseys be We only seen Clipper fan when Lebron was a FA and they where in the streets trying to campaign for him and when the CP3 trade happened more started to come along...But they aren't around anymore

In the BAY its a lot Laker fans and haters the Haters are usually "HEAT FANS" or Warrior fans always talking ? when LA loses..But the Bay might have more Laker fans than Kings and Warrior fans...

Raiders and Lakers are the biggest teams in Cali in the bay and La there is a gang of Raider fans you wont see any niner fans in So Cal unless they're from the Bay...? the chargers no one ? with them I seen more Raider fans in San Diego at Charger games then Charger Fans

1.Raiders
    2.Lakers
    3.Giants
    4.Niners
    5.Dodgers
    6.A's
    7.Chargers
    8.Warriors
    9.Kings
    10.Clippers
    11.Sharks
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Cubs fans are northside and Sox fans are southside

The Cubs got the majority of the fans in Chicago. Even when the Sox put a winning squad on the field the ball park is never full. I'll say it's a 70/30 split in favor of the Cubs
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago is a cubs city 70-75% of this city ride wit the cubs.

It goes 1.Bears :-& 2. Cubs 3.Bulls 4.White Sox

White Sox fans are southsiders/westsiders/and Majority of all Blacc people(except me) they hate the cubs cuz the cubs make them look like the stepchild squad
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at Clipper fans.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cubs are on the Northside, and White Sox are the Southside. they are about 7-8 miles apart. But like people in the thread have said it 70/30 Cubs. The Cub fanbase is all over the state really and Iowa. They get a ton of fan support because of Wrigley Field/Wrigleyville (trendiness of it) and the whole "Lovable Losers" thing. I'm a White Sox fan personally.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see...

i never knew that raiders nation was deep like that. and that the cubs run the chi.

lol/smh @ the rampant flip flopping though. ? is of mitt romney proportions.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    In LA, the majority of people are raider and laker fans.

Im a niner fan, because i dont like the raiders. But im a laker fan, and i very closely follow the clippers.

Most la baseball fans are dodgers fans, most angels fans are from Orange county, not los angeles.

San Diego has their own teams and as far as basketball theyre usually laker fans.

IDK bout northern cali/ the bay, they have their own ? up there...warriors, kings, A's, Giants, etc....
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Raiders and Lakers are the biggest teams in Cali in the bay and La there is a gang of Raider fans you wont see any niner fans in So Cal unless they're from the Bay...

Im from La, not the bay....and im a 49er fan, i dont like the raiders.

And how can you say most socal people are bandwagoners, and also say most northern cali people are laker fans?

Northern cali has their own sorry ass basketball teams, if youre a laker fan in norcal and youre not from LA, youre a bandwagoner.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »

Raiders and Lakers are the biggest teams in Cali in the bay and La there is a gang of Raider fans you wont see any niner fans in So Cal unless they're from the Bay...

And how can you say most socal people are bandwagoners, and also say most northern cali people are laker fans?

Northern cali has their own sorry ass basketball teams, if youre a laker fan in norcal and youre not from LA, youre a bandwagoner.

Exactly.He supposed to be from the bay yet cheerin for the lakers and yankees and not bay area squads.

He a Corny ass bandwagon fan

• _Menace_
    Options

ignore tommy he will be cosigning anything you say from this day on.......

anyways it depends on what teams you grew up watching...

My dad was laker fan back in the 80's and I became a Laker fan because I would watch the games with him.... It doesnt matter if you're from Nor Cal and Laker fan... I count Cali as a state it is...yall making so cal and nor cal seem like separate states...

I'm a Raider and Lakers and yes I also like the Yankees

I root for other Cali teams when my squad isnt playing
  • _Menace_
    Options

Exactly.He supposed to be from the bay yet cheerin for the lakers and yankees and not bay area squads.

He a Corny ass bandwagon fan

I'm supposed to root for the Warriors cause they're from the bay? but cant root for the Lakers cause they're in LA?

foh LA is still in Cali and I been a Laker fan longer than 10 years and a Yankee fan for 10 years I dont hop the bandwagon... If I remember you were talkin ? about the Bulls and ? riding the Heat...

? as Bilfiger
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was surprised to see how many old cats out here in L.A. still rep the Rams.

The guy that owns the auto shop I go to flies to 2 Rams games a year 'cause he grew up a rams fan in L.A.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Didn't nobody ask for your fathers wetbacc biography, you cheer for the lakers cuz that's where your ? ass illegal alien familia set up shop and cropped oranges before becoming landscapers in the bay

You a border jumping bandwagoner
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Didn't nobody ask for your fathers wetbacc biography, you cheer for the lakers cuz that's where your ? ass illegal alien familia set up shop and cropped oranges before becoming landscapers in the bay

Says the ? 28 year old living with his moms and no job....
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

ignore tommy he will be cosigning anything you say from this day on.......

anyways it depends on what teams you grew up watching...

My dad was laker fan back in the 80's and I became a Laker fan because I would watch the games with him.... It doesnt matter if you're from Nor Cal and Laker fan... I count Cali as a state it is...yall making so cal and nor cal seem like separate states...

I'm a Raider and Lakers and yes I also like the Yankees

I root for other Cali teams when my squad isnt playing

You're a weird fan bruh. I don't ? with any other teams in the state of Florida outside of Miami. ? Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee and Gainesville.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2012
    Options

Says the ? 28 year old living with his moms and no job....[/quote]

^Corny obligatory net reply,I been out moms house for damn near 10 years I wont address unwarranted ? slander when I got hoes cheating on their ? wit me

Shut yo ? ass up and bow down when u see me post and stop quoting me
  • _Menace_
    Options
    ^Corny obligatory net reply,I been out moms house for damn near 10 years I wont address unwarranted ? slander when I got hoes cheating on their ? wit me

Duck tales........

• Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Says the ? 28 year old living with his moms and no job....

^Corny obligatory net reply.I been out moms house for damn near 10 years I wont address unwarranted ? slander when I got hoes cheating on their ? wit me

• Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I want to see the clip set and/or thunder succeed out the west.I like those teams but the bulls my squad.

You got phony soggy cornflake ? on here from different coasts/countries wit no ties to the area talkin bout they're yankee/laker fans and ignoring their local squads that's corny fucc em

l.jpg

• _Menace_
    Options
    I want to see the clip set and/or thunder succeed out the west.I like those teams but the bulls my squad.

You got phony soggy cornflake ? on here from different coasts wit no ties to the area talkin bout they're yankee/laker fans and ignoring their local squads that's corny fucc em

l.jpg

Why you posting a Pic of the GOAT? any ways.... I'm a Laker Raider and Yankee

I can give ? what you think... unlike bandwagon fans I know my teams history...

I grew up on those teams..funny thing is my whole family are niner fans giant fans and laker/warrior fans
    Raiders are the only team we dont have in common...

I like football way more than any other sport so no one in the fam had an impact on my NFL squad
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Lmao another unsolicited biography? Iiight dog stop quoting me
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man in Cali Raider fans are ? everywhere...smh. Always talkin ? too like they gonna do something every year, sometimes bringin up ? from the 70's and 80's like WTF man you weren't even born fam. Niner fans are here and there back in the mid to late 90's everywhere then after garcia/TO era ended ? went downhill. Laker fans are everywhere, just more if we win the Chip. Angel fans are usually white folks or white washed ppl lol. Dodger fans are everywhere, especially this year. Charger fans are fickle as ? . I've been to SD and not to be seen, then when LT was in his prime. Chargers ? everywhere smh
  • _Menace_
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    Man in Cali Raider fans are ? everywhere...smh. Always talkin ? too like they gonna do something every year, sometimes bringin up ? from the 70's and 80's like WTF man you weren't even born fam. Niner fans are here and there back in the mid to late 90's everywhere then after garcia/TO era ended ? went downhill. Laker fans are everywhere, just more if we win the Chip. Angel fans are usually white folks or white washed ppl lol. Dodger fans are everywhere, especially this year. Charger fans are fickle as ? . I've been to SD and not to be seen, then when LT was in his prime. Chargers ? everywhere smh

This post is on point lol some of those Raider fans who talk ? have no clue about the Raiders.

they dont even know who Al Davis was
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    and LOL @ clipper fans I had one guy tell me Lakers aren't even native Californian thats why he cheers for the Clippers. I said b4 the LA clips it was Sd clips then it was the buffalo braves before that...? got real quiet lol
  • _Menace_
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    and LOL @ clipper fans I had one guy tell me Lakers aren't even native Californian thats why he cheers for the Clippers. I said b4 the LA clips it was Sd clips then it was the buffalo braves before that...? got real quiet lol

SF Giants fans to... My cousin to me some guy walked in to get his phone fixed and was talkin about "how bout them Giants they're going to repeat from last year..? didnt know Cardinals won it last year.