Halo 4

Options

Comments

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one thing i do like about the game is the armor lock is gone!!! its only a front facing shield you can use.. they knew that the armor lock ruined halo reach online multiplayer.. thats y i couldnt get into it
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    i thought that shield worked like armor lock
    got ran the ? over
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    CJ wrote: »
    Smh servers down starting campaign now

Surely this sort of thing doesn't happen on XBL ....... Focus, look into this straight away

LOL. Well of course there are some limited instances of connection issues. It was day one of an insanely popular online game released exclusively on one platform...something that the PS3 would never, ever have to worry about. And yet, these issues were only sporadic, specific to one game, and resolved within hours. Not constant issues across the entire online service up to and including the universal downfall of the entire "network" for months at the financial expense of its users.

Anyway, picking this up today. I knew I wouldn't be able to "focus" until I was sure my president was Black again.

Yet COD which is much more popular than Halo despite not being exclusive has not had the same problem. Like you said they are specific to one game, Halo so you just made yourself look stupid as usual. It should be easier to fix issues with one game when your whole network is not under the attack of hackers. Also Live went down for the Christmas season a few years ago ...how quickly you forget.

Gotta disagree with you. Both XBL and PSN servers crashed when COD dropped. 360's COD4 servers were down during the Christmas season you mentioned. The same happened with MW2 on PS3.

I did not hear about this happening with COD, but this just proves that both services can be hacked or crash. Its not even serious, but that clown acts like Live is perfect. the Wii don't have to worry about this problem though since it has no popular online games period.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    probably grab my ? next week
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    CJ wrote: »
    Smh servers down starting campaign now

Surely this sort of thing doesn't happen on XBL ....... Focus, look into this straight away

LOL. Well of course there are some limited instances of connection issues. It was day one of an insanely popular online game released exclusively on one platform...something that the PS3 would never, ever have to worry about. And yet, these issues were only sporadic, specific to one game, and resolved within hours. Not constant issues across the entire online service up to and including the universal downfall of the entire "network" for months at the financial expense of its users.

Anyway, picking this up today. I knew I wouldn't be able to "focus" until I was sure my president was Black again.

Yet COD which is much more popular than Halo despite not being exclusive has not had the same problem. Like you said they are specific to one game, Halo so you just made yourself look stupid as usual. It should be easier to fix issues with one game when your whole network is not under the attack of hackers. Also Live went down for the Christmas season a few years ago ...how quickly you forget.

Gotta disagree with you. Both XBL and PSN servers crashed when COD dropped. 360's COD4 servers were down during the Christmas season you mentioned. The same happened with MW2 on PS3.

the Wii don't have to worry about this problem though since it has no popular online games period.

Mario Kart Wii = 32 million sold.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl = 11 million sold
    Hell, even Animal Crossing: City Folk = 5 million sold

PS3 has no really big online games. Thats that.

Back to Halo.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Played this ? at a friends house and see I was right about this game being wack. Word? Running around bunny hopping and hip firing assault rifles?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    so far so good!!! i havent touched the campaign yet tho..

[img]http://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/22290_4537178038756_1803201750_n.jpg[/img]

What you drive a dodge magnum?
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    beat the campaign finally
    Spartan Ops anyone?
  • focus
    Options
    Intro is dope. The feel and sound of the shooting is great. Graphics and set pieces, amazing. Story very interesting so far too. And the multiplayer. Jus wow. The maps, guns, loadouts, leveling, feel, look...just everything about it is so much better.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bDNXP.gif

master chief aint richard simmons, its mitt romney
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the Wacks

26173174.jpg
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    hey e2s, do u know where that set piece comes from? is it in the campaign? i havent played it yet..
  • kanggoodie
    Options
  • focus
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lol @ the Wacks

26173174.jpg

Just wasn't funny, and it was so unfunny that it was wack...unless i'm missing the joke? Mitt Romney? *shrugs* Guess ? really do get upset when others rate their post down? I dunno what that feeling is like. LOL. Anyway, gotta remember to hit that funny button E2S.

#HALO
  • vageneral08
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    @vageneral08 dodge charger

I knew it was dodge I could tell by the steering wheel
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Halo 4 makes $220m in a day, beating Harry Potter and The Avengers movies

On track to be biggest Halo game yet.

In the UK Halo 4 failed to beat Halo: Reach or Halo 3 in terms of launch week sales, but what about on a global basis?

Microsoft announced last night that Halo 4 made over $220 million worldwide in the first 24 hours on sale, beating the record for the biggest day-one opening in US box office history: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, and the biggest movie of 2012: The Avengers, based on US sales alone.

Microsoft didn't disclose sales figures, but according to a Financial Times report it shifted 3.1 million units on its opening day.

Microsoft said Halo 4, developed by 343 Industries, is on track to reach over $300 million in global sales in the first week. This would make it the biggest Halo launch in history and the biggest entertainment launch of the year to date. Halo: Reach, which launched in 2010, made $200 million in global sales.

Of course, one game that will destroy Halo 4's revenue and sales figures is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, out today. Based on historical data, in the UK Activision's shooter will probably outsell Microsoft's by roughly six to one in launch week. It's somewhat of an unfair comparison though given Halo 4 is a platform exclusive.

Add Halo 4 lifetime sales to the franchise total and it's made over $4.38 billion since the release of Combat Evolved. Halo 4 has the record for the largest number of players in the history of the Halo franchise, with over four million in the first five days. Fans have spent a total of 31.4 million hours playing Halo 4. The total number of gameplay hours across the franchise is over the five billion mark.

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawm the live-action digital series that ran in the run up to the game's launch,generated more than 46 million total views.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    halo 4 took a big hit on multiplayer tuesday .. i aint gone front.. but itll level out in about 2 months.. i got Black ops 2 wednesday, so i kept playing halo 4. it was only like 30k people on there compared to the 50-80k for that whole first week
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was still like 57k lastnight
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? trash....killzone is better
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? hate the driving controls in Halo. I was pushing the ? out that Ghost on the Forerunner mission
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? trash....killzone is better

Even KZ fans don't believe that.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a Mountain Dew Double XP 2 liter code probably for 15 minutes If you want it in box me.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    lol killzone ? sucks