ARE YOU GOING TO VOTE (Why or Why Not you Vote)and what propositions and candidate's you voting for

Options
13»

Comments

• rapluva
    rapluva Members Posts: 232
    edited November 2012
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    DO YOUR FAITH COMES IN WHEN YOU ARE VOTING ON AN ISSUE and talk about your local, state elections and the candidates that will effect your community, local. state.

I came from a family that believes in voting, and we grew up being taught how important voting is because my grandparents from the south i am talking about born in the late 1900's and early 20's on my mom side so they went through some ? .

Civil Rights was real big on my mom side, education, starting your own business because they was business owners and land owners. I remember my great aunt used to call my mother every election to make sure she voted.

but that's not the only reason why i vote the other reasons is to show respect to my ancestors, there are people who i do not know but was killed, lynched, beat, humiliated, terrorize for me to vote so to show respect to my elders before me, i vote to let them know that what they did for us as a people was not in vain.

when i was younger i used to believe that ? that my vote dont count that there are people controlling ? .

what a bunch of ? , ON A LOCAL LEVEL i KNOW DAMN SURE THAT MY VOTE ? COUNTS, YOU ? THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE Judicial SYSTEM, well that's what your ass get because every two years there's are laws that you have to vote on, you vote for Judges on the courts, vote on school issues, vote on taxes, and vote on LAWS.

YOUR VOTE ? COUNTS and if your county pass a law against your ass then you deserve what you get for not voting.

i started voting when i was 18 and i only missed one state. local election.

THIS LAW RIGHT HERE THAT MEANS ALOT , 3 Strikes law needs to be re-write and i am voting YES on PROP 36, it's a start but no the end of all to make sure the 3 strike law will only be for serious violent offenders, killers, ? , kidnappers, gang bangers who murder ect......

California Proposition 36, Changes in the "Three Strikes" Law (2012)

Proposition 36

Quick stats
    Type: State statute
    Referred by: Petition signatures
    Topic: Law enforcement

Contents
    1 Election results
    2 Text of measure
    2.1 Title
    2.2 Summary
    2.3 Fiscal impact
    3 Support
    3.1 Supporters
    3.2 Arguments in favor
    3.3 Donors
    4 Opposition
    4.1 Opponents
    4.2 Arguments against
    4.3 Donors
    5 Editorial opinion
    5.1 "Yes on 36"
    5.2 "No on 36"
    6 Polling information
    7 Path to the ballot
    8 External links
    9 References

Proposition 36, a Change in the "Three Strikes Law" Initiative, is on the November 6, 2012 ballot as an initiated state statute.

If approved, Proposition 36 will modify elements of California's "Three Strikes" Law, approved by the state's voters in 1994. In 2004, voters rejected Proposition 66, which like the 2012 measure was an attempt to change some aspects of the original "Three Strikes" Law.

Proposition 36, specifically, will if enacted:
    Revise the three strikes law to impose life sentence only when the new felony conviction is "serious or violent".
    Authorize re-sentencing for offenders currently serving life sentences if their third strike conviction was not serious or violent and if the judge determines that the re-sentence does not pose unreasonable risk to public safety.
    Continue to impose a life sentence penalty if the third strike conviction was for "certain non-serious, non-violent sex or drug offenses or involved firearm possession".

Maintain the life sentence penalty for felons with "non-serious, non-violent third strike if prior convictions were for ? , murder, or child molestation."

If Proposition 36 is approved by voters, approximately 3,000 convicted felons who are currently serving life terms under the Three Strikes law, whose third strike conviction was for a nonviolent crime, will be able to petition the court for a new, reduced, sentence. Reducing the sentences of these current prisoners could result in saving the state somewhere between $150 to $200 million a year.

Altogether, about 8,800 prisoners are currently serving life terms in California prisons under the 1994 law.[4]
    24 states have a "Three Strikes"-type law.

O.K. lets see if your vote counts, what type of system is the Local/State/Federal-Government of The United States of America?
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I don't know man. Sometimes you seem so sarcastic and dry that I can't ever tell whether you're being serious or not/facetious. That post is not only the one btw.
    welcome to the internet

no ? , more like welcome to janklow and his never ending sarcasm. no one else on this site makes it his job to be so caustic everytime he posts.
    Not only do I have to figure out if you're being serious, I gotta figure out where you live too? Everything's a mystery with you man.
    still not understanding what the hell is going on here

was just a bad joke. was just being stupid.
    And what will be the prize for finding out the city/town in Maryland that you live in?
    so i'm pretty sure no one cares about that AND that you don't have to wait very long to receive a prize of "nothing"

again was just being stupid/jocular. but why so serious?
    And by "good Christian", I generally mean a follower of the religious right/tv evangelicals, and they are very much associated with Republicans, right?
    religious right, yes, clearly; TV evangelicals i think are more mixed

ok, yeah technically maybe. so let's just say the tv evangelicals from the religious right then.
    Ok, there are big-name black churches in America, but I don't see them actively endorsing either party like the religious right does right?
    really?

that "right?" was not rhetorical btw. that was an honest question. i honestly am not familiar with black churches actively and publicly endorsing obama like the religious right is doing with romney. some are even disturbed by obama's support of ? and ? marriage.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapluva wrote: »
    DO YOUR FAITH COMES IN WHEN YOU ARE VOTING ON AN ISSUE and talk about your local, state elections and the candidates that will effect your community, local. state.

I came from a family that believes in voting, and we grew up being taught how important voting is because my grandparents from the south i am talking about born in the late 1900's and early 20's on my mom side so they went through some ? .

Civil Rights was real big on my mom side, education, starting your own business because they was business owners and land owners. I remember my great aunt used to call my mother every election to make sure she voted.

but that's not the only reason why i vote the other reasons is to show respect to my ancestors, there are people who i do not know but was killed, lynched, beat, humiliated, terrorize for me to vote so to show respect to my elders before me, i vote to let them know that what they did for us as a people was not in vain.

when i was younger i used to believe that ? that my vote dont count that there are people controlling ? .

what a bunch of ? , ON A LOCAL LEVEL i KNOW DAMN SURE THAT MY VOTE ? COUNTS, YOU ? THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE Judicial SYSTEM, well that's what your ass get because every two years there's are laws that you have to vote on, you vote for Judges on the courts, vote on school issues, vote on taxes, and vote on LAWS.

YOUR VOTE ? COUNTS and if your county pass a law against your ass then you deserve what you get for not voting.

THIS LAW RIGHT HERE THAT MEANS ALOT , 3 Strikes law needs to be re-write and i am voting YES on PROP 36, it's a start but no the end of all to make sure the 3 strike law will only be for serious violent offenders, killers, ? , kidnappers, gang bangers who murder ect......

Proposition 36

Quick stats

Contents
    1 Election results
    2 Text of measure
    2.1 Title
    2.2 Summary
    2.3 Fiscal impact
    3 Support
    3.1 Supporters
    3.2 Arguments in favor
    3.3 Donors
    4 Opposition
    4.1 Opponents
    4.2 Arguments against
    4.3 Donors
    5 Editorial opinion
    5.1 "Yes on 36"
    5.2 "No on 36"
    6 Polling information
    7 Path to the ballot
    8 External links
    9 References

Proposition 36, a Change in the "Three Strikes Law" Initiative, is on the November 6, 2012 ballot as an initiated state statute.

If approved, Proposition 36 will modify elements of California's "Three Strikes" Law, approved by the state's voters in 1994. In 2004, voters rejected Proposition 66, which like the 2012 measure was an attempt to change some aspects of the original "Three Strikes" Law.

Revise the three strikes law to impose life sentence only when the new felony conviction is "serious or violent".
    Authorize re-sentencing for offenders currently serving life sentences if their third strike conviction was not serious or violent and if the judge determines that the re-sentence does not pose unreasonable risk to public safety.
    Continue to impose a life sentence penalty if the third strike conviction was for "certain non-serious, non-violent sex or drug offenses or involved firearm possession".

Maintain the life sentence penalty for felons with "non-serious, non-violent third strike if prior convictions were for ? , murder, or child molestation."

If Proposition 36 is approved by voters, approximately 3,000 convicted felons who are currently serving life terms under the Three Strikes law, whose third strike conviction was for a nonviolent crime, will be able to petition the court for a new, reduced, sentence. Reducing the sentences of these current prisoners could result in saving the state somewhere between $150 to $200 million a year.

Altogether, about 8,800 prisoners are currently serving life terms in California prisons under the 1994 law.[4]

O.K. lets see if your vote counts, what type of system is the Local/State/Federal-Government of The United States of America?

yeah we will see if my vote counts let you know in the morning

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    no ? , more like welcome to janklow and his never ending sarcasm. no one else on this site makes it his job to be so caustic everytime he posts.
    okay, fine, welcome to the Social Lounge specifically
    that "right?" was not rhetorical btw. that was an honest question. i honestly am not familiar with black churches actively and publicly endorsing obama like the religious right is doing with romney. some are even disturbed by obama's support of ? and ? marriage.
    well, i suppose i would like to see a black church that's anti-? marriage and yet does not support Obama
  • waterproof
    edited November 2012
    Options

Proposition 36

Quick stats

Contents
    1 Election results
    2 Text of measure
    2.1 Title
    2.2 Summary
    2.3 Fiscal impact
    3 Support
    3.1 Supporters
    3.2 Arguments in favor
    3.3 Donors
    4 Opposition
    4.1 Opponents
    4.2 Arguments against
    4.3 Donors
    5 Editorial opinion
    5.1 "Yes on 36"
    5.2 "No on 36"
    6 Polling information
    7 Path to the ballot
    8 External links
    9 References

@rapluva well it look like my voted counted Proposition 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36 all passed and my local council woman who was outspent by Karl Rove machine won.

like i said to make a change starts with the community and local, state election n grass roots in the community you think otherwise so ? what, i been off that ? when i got of age....
  • rapluva
    Options

Proposition 36

Quick stats

Contents
    1 Election results
    2 Text of measure
    2.1 Title
    2.2 Summary
    2.3 Fiscal impact
    3 Support
    3.1 Supporters
    3.2 Arguments in favor
    3.3 Donors
    4 Opposition
    4.1 Opponents
    4.2 Arguments against
    4.3 Donors
    5 Editorial opinion
    5.1 "Yes on 36"
    5.2 "No on 36"
    6 Polling information
    7 Path to the ballot
    8 External links
    9 References

@rapluva well it look like my voted counted Proposition 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36 all passed and my local council woman who was outspent by Karl Rove machine won.

like i said to make a change starts with the community and local, state election n grass roots in the community you think otherwise so ? what, i been off that ? when i got of age....

Y didn't U answer my ?
  • waterproof
    Options
    @rapluva ? outta here with that ? , "Y didn't U answer my ?" ? because i know ? like you, i already got into with you in the R&R about Septuagint, I know how you work, you look for cop outs and loop holes.

So let's get to the meat and potatoes and we can get to the many loop holes that you want to discuss later, lol

see i deal with the truth and facts and not know made up hypothetical godlike productions ? .

now my truth and truth that it is, my vote counts, i have proof and it's manifest into reality.

you say my vote dont count not in those words but dont be ? that what you was getting at but didnt have the ? to state what you feel.

or if you want to go with what you post you said let's see if my vote counts and by the results my votes count.

now SHOW ME PROOF THAT MY VOTES DONT COUNT, if you cant then shut the ? up
  • rapluva
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @rapluva ? outta here with that ? , "Y didn't U answer my ?" ? because i know ? like you, i already got into with you in the R&R about Septuagint, I know how you work, you look for cop outs and loop holes.
    U didn't proove me wrong THEN, or NOW, answer my ? What type of Government is USA that WAZ my question, and in the R&R u again prooved u don't know Scripture, "ANGELS CAN'T/ DIDN'T/DON'T create and u COULD NOT show where they could, and STILL CAN'T, we can go back to the very posts if ya want to homie, I have NOTHING to hide.

So let's get to the meat and potatoes and we can get to the many loop holes that you want to discuss later, lol

see i deal with the truth and facts and not know made up hypothetical godlike productions ? .

now my truth and truth that it is, my vote counts, i have proof and it's manifest into reality.

you say my vote dont count not in those words but dont be ? that what you was getting at but didnt have the ? to state what you feel.

or if you want to go with what you post you said let's see if my vote counts and by the results my votes count.

now SHOW ME PROOF THAT MY VOTES DONT COUNT, if you cant then shut the ? up

Answer the ?

• waterproof
    Options
    that's what i thought???? a coward that talks ? and cant back it up, ? outta here chump.

Do you know what type of system is local, state and federal goverment, no ? you hellenist greek jew, i know what it is and what in the ? it go to do with my vote not being counted.

that's what i thought not a damn ? thing

fake ass, again i deal with truth and reality shows if your truth is the truth, basic knowledge, now if you cant come up with facts then you just spewing ? that falls on the deaf ears
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/46213_10151150512520745_1476635283_n.jpg[/img]
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okay, fine, welcome to the Social Lounge specifically

fair enough.
    well, i suppose i would like to see a black church that's anti-? marriage and yet does not support Obama

ok yeah, fair enough.

• ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    obama for 4 more years