excuse me, but COLORADO JUST LEGALIZED WEED COLORADO JUST LEGALIZED WEED COLORADO JUST LEGALIZED WEE

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OKAY, this is exactly why I strongly dislike Obama........

http://news.yahoo.com/marijuana-legalization-victories-could-short-lived-022257328.html

(Reuters) - Votes making Colorado and Washington the first U.S. states to legalize marijuana for recreational use could be short-lived victories for ? backers because the federal government will fight them, two former U.S. drug control officials said on Wednesday.

They said the federal government could sue to block parts of the measures or send threatening letters to marijuana shops, followed up by street-level clampdowns similar to those targeting medical marijuana dispensaries the government suspects are fronts for drug traffickers.

"This is a symbolic victory for (legalization) advocates, but it will be short-lived," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the Obama administration's drug czar, told reporters.

"They are facing an uphill battle with implementing this, in the face of ... presidential opposition and in the face of federal enforcement opposition," Sabet said.

--The sad thing about this story is that although this testimony comes from a former Obama drug czar, Obama has been quiet on the legalization success in the two states. Considering his history of cracking down on medical marijuana, anyone who thinks Obama is a friend to the pro-marijuana movement better keep on smoking.
  • kingblaze84
    janklow wrote: »
    it's nice and all, but until you don't have overriding federal laws, i'm not sure what it means
    Beautiful, I will seriously consider moving to Colorado or Washington in the future. Now let's see if the federal govt will still ? down on this (one of the reasons I voted Gary Johnson president tonight)
    Gary Johnson: bringing together the presidential votes of janklow and kingblaze84 since 2012

An honorable vote for an honorable man. I wish Gary Johnson was elected yesterday, I didn't feel anything at all when I found out Obama won, just a feeling things would stay the same.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://news.yahoo.com/marijuana-legalization-victories-could-short-lived-022257328.html

(Reuters) - Votes making Colorado and Washington the first U.S. states to legalize marijuana for recreational use could be short-lived victories for ? backers because the federal government will fight them, two former U.S. drug control officials said on Wednesday.

They said the federal government could sue to block parts of the measures or send threatening letters to marijuana shops, followed up by street-level clampdowns similar to those targeting medical marijuana dispensaries the government suspects are fronts for drug traffickers.

"This is a symbolic victory for (legalization) advocates, but it will be short-lived," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the Obama administration's drug czar, told reporters.

"They are facing an uphill battle with implementing this, in the face of ... presidential opposition and in the face of federal enforcement opposition," Sabet said.

--The sad thing about this story is that although this testimony comes from a former Obama drug czar, Obama has been quiet on the legalization success in the two states. Considering his history of cracking down on medical marijuana, anyone who thinks Obama is a friend to the pro-marijuana movement better keep on smoking.

Give him a minute, he isnt running for anything anymore so he doesnt have to ? about things like this. He'll either drop the opposition or just fein ambivalence to it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • atlnever
    atlnever Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    :) I like that MTV sig. It's so true.

• kingblaze84
    rage wrote: »

Give him a minute, he isnt running for anything anymore so he doesnt have to ? about things like this. He'll either drop the opposition or just fein ambivalence to it.

I doubt it highly. Obama should know by now MOST Americans support medical marijuana at a minimum, and he still opposed it. Now that recreational marijuana is legal in some states, I'm willing to bet he'll ? down hard on any businesses that sell it now, just like his ? ass did in California.
  • jpeezygoinham
    jpeezygoinham Members Posts: 5
    jpeezygoinham got one rule for all yall outta staters talkin bout movin to "THE MILE HIGH CITY", you must match one with ur truly!!!!! lol
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    this was something the people voted for

and amazingly we have cats here still arguing voting doesn't change anything???
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

This does not appear to be the words of Obama but a former adviser of his drug Zar. he is giving his opinion on what could happen but he does not have inside knowledge of what will happened being that he carries the title of 'former'.
  • kingblaze84
    FuriousOne wrote: »

This does not appear to be the words of Obama but a former adviser of his drug Zar. he is giving his opinion on what could happen but he does not have inside knowledge of what will happened being that he carries the title of 'former'.

Based on Obama's first term, I see no reason to believe he will change his stupid positions on marijuana. I hope to be proven wrong.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    a.mann wrote: »
    and amazingly we have cats here still arguing voting doesn't change anything???
    explain me to what exactly has been changed here
  • atlnever
    atlnever Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    This is a good step in the right direction.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2012
    Fellow ? smokers (i'm rolling some now), should we take Obama's silence on this issue for a sign of optimism? Maybe he won't be a cowardly ? on this issue anymore?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • janklow
    he's always said that it's a states issue... we'll see...
    has he not said this while continuing to allow federal authorities to clamp down on state-approved marijuana distribution as they see fit?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Will not be going to Colorado nor Washington state. Freely allowing drug users is affecting our moral and ability to make rational and logical decisions. Sorry, but if those become a black oasis, than we are DONE.

Like having marijuana illegal and jailing our folk for small possessions of it is doing us any favors. The illegality for marijuana use was racist from its inception and only benefited pharmaceutical, paper mill, and plastics companies while keeping the cops busy harassing us for a damn plant. This cannabis legalization is great news as it will create a multitude of jobs and save money, much more than your ? candidate mitt "i don't have a plan" romney lol marijuana is more appealing in the polls than mitt romney for a reason, it can do more aid than any politician. Check the image and learn you something. hempuses.jpg

Feelings, it's time to hop out of them lol
  • UnderMiSensi
    UnderMiSensi Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will not be going to Colorado nor Washington state. Freely allowing drug users is affecting our moral and ability to make rational and logical decisions. Sorry, but if those become a black oasis, than we are DONE.

Like having marijuana illegal and jailing our folk for small possessions of it is doing us any favors. The illegality for marijuana use was racist from its inception and only benefited pharmaceutical, paper mill, and plastics companies while keeping the cops busy harassing us for a damn plant. This cannabis legalization is great news as it will create a multitude of jobs and save money, much more than your ? candidate mitt "i don't have a plan" romney lol marijuana is more appealing in the polls than mitt romney for a reason, it can do more aid than any politician. Check the image and learn you something. hempuses.jpg

Feelings, it's time to hop out of them lol

In the first post you said if those states become a black oasis we're done in an irrational sense of fear. Fear = feelings. I then replied with facts to your irrational feelings of fear and you then you say I caught feelings haha lol. You should work for fox news with your projection and lack of rebuttals. If you don't like weed that's fine, but the world won't end if it becomes legalized and immeasurable benefits can be had.

• aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao kingblaze sheeeit cuz, gary johnson? seriously? There something wrong with Jill Stein? She didn't seem to be high on dust like Cynthia McKinney was. That Rocky guy from the "Justice Party" woulda gave you ur no-wars-and-legal-weed too. What do you think Gary Johnson's economic policy would look like? You ever stop to think about that? Libertarians are great on war and civil rights/liberties and WEED. But "Economic Libertarianism" is that Ayn Rand "laissez faire" ? where you gut regulations for Banks because it "hinders the market". I read Reason Magazine. These muhfuckas thought Citizens United was the best Supreme Court decision ever. That's when I knew I was done with "Libertarians".

(man if ktulu was still here he woulda been schooled you on this while quotin Marx n ? lol, i can't stand economic theory personally)
  • janklow
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    lmao kingblaze sheeeit cuz, gary johnson? seriously? There something wrong with Jill Stein?
    yes, she's a ? anti-gun fascist, so ? Jill Stein. i'd rather vote for Obama.
    What do you think Gary Johnson's economic policy would look like? You ever stop to think about that?
    wait, what the hell would Jill Stein's economic policy look like?
    Libertarians are great on .... civil rights
    well, if it's a civil rights question and Romney and Obama (and ? it, Stein) all suck on my civil rights issue...

anyway, look, say you vote for Johnson and SOMEHOW JOHNSON WINS. it's still going to be Johnson versus a Congress who won't let him do anything CRAZY.
  • kingblaze84
    lmao kingblaze sheeeit cuz, gary johnson? seriously? There something wrong with Jill Stein?
    What do you think Gary Johnson's economic policy would look like? You ever stop to think about that?
    well, if it's a civil rights question and Romney and Obama (and ? it, Stein) all suck on my civil rights issue...

anyway, look, say you vote for Johnson and SOMEHOW JOHNSON WINS. it's still going to be Johnson versus a Congress who won't let him do anything CRAZY.

Thanks for saving me the time. Gary Johnson isn't perfect but at a minimum, at least I wouldn't worry about the drunken sailor spending that will ruin this country in the future and our taxpayer dollars being spent needlessly around the world in wars as America has citizens struggling right here.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited November 2012

Thanks for saving me the time. Gary Johnson isn't perfect but at a minimum, at least I wouldn't worry about the drunken sailor spending that will ruin this country in the future and our taxpayer dollars being spent needlessly around the world in wars as America has citizens struggling right here.

More misinformation..
    http://www.nationalmemo.com/watch-what-led-us-to-the-fiscal-cliff/
    How did we get from nearly $6 trillion projected surpluses in 2001 to $6 trillion in new debt?

As President Obama and Republican leaders in Congress square off on the debt-cutting measures that could send us over the fiscal cliff, “it’s crucial to remember the source of our deficit and debt. The Center for American Progress’ Michael Linden explains the laws passed during the Bush administration along with the wars and the bad economy over a decade made up 86 percent of the debt we’ve accumulated since 2001. President Obama’s spending and the stimulus are responsible for only 14 percent.

Keep that in mind as Republicans demand concessions from the president and the middle class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LcvLHHMC4iI
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2012

More misinformation..
    How did we get from nearly $6 trillion projected surpluses in 2001 to $6 trillion in new debt?

As President Obama and Republican leaders in Congress square off on the debt-cutting measures that could send us over the fiscal cliff, “it’s crucial to remember the source of our deficit and debt. The Center for American Progress’ Michael Linden explains the laws passed during the Bush administration along with the wars and the bad economy over a decade made up 86 percent of the debt we’ve accumulated since 2001. President Obama’s spending and the stimulus are responsible for only 14 percent.

Keep that in mind as Republicans demand concessions from the president and the middle class.

If the wars and Bush's laws have made up so much of the debt, why has Obama continued the war in Afghanistan to this very day, and why did he take so ? long to end the war in Iraq? He's the commander in chief, he can COMMAND the military to withdraw from Afghanistan tomorrow if he wants to. The American people would have his back as well. We're losing in Afghanistan, we shouldn't be there anyway.....blaming Bush for everything is nice and cool, but Obama continuing with Bush's policies isn't smart at all. It's bankrupting the nation, and expanding the Bush tax cuts blew up the debt as well. I'm not gonna pretend to be happy with that.
  • Jabu_Rule

More misinformation..

If the wars and Bush's laws have made up so much of the debt, why has Obama continued the war in Afghanistan to this very day, and why did he take so ? long to end the war in Iraq? He's the commander in chief, he can COMMAND the military to withdraw from Afghanistan tomorrow if he wants to. The American people would have his back as well. We're losing in Afghanistan, we shouldn't be there anyway.....blaming Bush for everything is nice and cool, but Obama continuing with Bush's policies isn't smart at all. It's bankrupting the nation, and expanding the Bush tax cuts blew up the debt as well. I'm not gonna pretend to be happy with that.

As i've pointed out too many times, he's actually spent far less then most presidents. His continuation of Afghanistan has nothing to do with the numbers that you keep ignoring. Blaming Bush for the things he's actually responsible for is what I'm doing whether you want to ignore facts or not. If you keep stating misinformation regarding spending, i will keep pointing out the truth of the matter. Btw, Obama has claimed his part of the expenditures that he continued from the Bush era even though some policies were forced through by threatening unemployment which you seem to have no issue with. Afghanistan was an attempt to take responsibility for a mess you caused by helping a people create a defense which the last president ignored (oops there i go again). Still that has ? all to do with the erroneous debt you keep putting putting on Obama.
  • kingblaze84

More misinformation..

As i've pointed out too many times, he's actually spent far less then most presidents. His continuation of Afghanistan has nothing to do with the numbers that you keep ignoring. Blaming Bush for the things he's actually responsible for is what I'm doing whether you want to ignore facts or not. If you keep stating misinformation regarding spending, i will keep pointing out the truth of the matter. Btw, Obama has claimed his part of the expenditures that he continued from the Bush era even though some policies were forced through by threatening unemployment which you seem to have no issue with. Afghanistan was an attempt to take responsibility for a mess you caused by helping a people create a defense which the last president ignored (oops there i go again). Still that has ? all to do with the erroneous debt you keep putting putting on Obama.

The Bush tax cuts contributed a lot to our current debt, and so is the war in Afghanistan which most people want done by now, these are not minor parts of the debt. He also took too long to end the war in Iraq, THESE are the issues that ? me off about Obama, whether Bush is mostly to blame or not, Obama has not been responsible with the nation's money supply. He should have fired Ben Bernanke a long time ago, he's printing money like there is no tmw and meanwhile, the worth of the dollar continues to become less and less. Is Obama's spending compared to Bush as bad, NO, I have stated this before. But considering the massive 16 trillion in debt this nation has, continuing a failed war in Afghanistan and extending the Bush tax cuts only helped to push America's future from bad to borderline catastrophic. Let's talk about Obama's spending and leave Bush out of this for a second, I already know Bush was a disaster. Obama has not been responsible spending money, 2 billion a week in Afghanistan is NOT ? responsible when America has so many damn issues here.