Will the 2016 presidential election be focused on gender and race?

MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in The Social Lounge
Any one else think this? I feel like both the democrats and republicans are going to have candidates that are either nonwhite and or females if not both. I also think that the people chosen will be puppets for the party that are used to invoke emotions of like gender or race to get votes and take power.

This past election showed the winner having more of the latino and female vote and both of those demograhpics on the rise by the year when it comes to voter turnout and %.

Comments

• Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark my words, George W Bush will be the last white male conservative president we will see. America is too diverse to go back to the "good ol boy" white male image.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited November 2012
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Mark my words, George W Bush will be the last white male conservative president we will see. America is too diverse to go back to the "good ol boy" white male image.

i wouldn't be suprised cause with HDTV its all about image. Mitt romney looks like one of them country club ass dudes with a trust fund. And that was a big factor. in 2016 texas and georgia and a few other red states could go blue the way things are changing. If the republicans cant win texas ? over.

Honestly i am not a fan of how people will vote just based off race. Don't get me wrong i know not everyone voted based on race but just talking to people at my church Obama coulda killed a ? like OJ and these black folks woulda still voted for him lmao.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

i wouldn't be suprised cause with HDTV its all about image. Mitt romney looks like one of them country club ass dudes with a trust fund. And that was a big factor. in 2016 texas and georgia and a few other red states could go blue the way things are changing. If the republicans cant win texas ? over.

Honestly i am not a fan of how people will vote just based off race. Don't get me wrong i know not everyone voted based on race but just talking to people at my church Obama coulda killed a ? like OJ and these black folks woulda still voted for him lmao.

I know a lot of black folks that didn't trust Obama and don't think he's black enough. These are usually your revolutionary types that think they could do better. In all seriousness, black folks were for Hillary in the first election. Obama has proven himself to at least be sane, so why wouldn't black folks go with someone that isn't blowing racist dog whistles.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be focused on maintaining the status quo of all the centrist and progressive measures that were passed once they show their benefit. Conservatives will be left without an argument other then to say they can do progressive in a more conservative fashion and they will once again play up the bipartisanship card. At this point, people will see that if the democrats have everything, then there will not be issues with bipartisanship being that any ideas other then theirs aren't based in reality..
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True centrist and maybe gender will be focuses on the next election. Maybe another party could rise up and probably take the position of the republicans.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Texas and Georgia ever go blue, then suicides will spike up. I'm not exaggerating.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Republicans have to undergo an ideological shift if they want to survive as a party. They need to focus on their economic reform measures, fiscal restraint and a more lenient tax code. They need to stay the ? out of people's bedrooms and personal lives. Drop the right wing christian fundamentalist ? they have been rolling on since the 70's. Above all...drop all association with nut bars like the Tea Party, Birthers and all other right wing nutbars.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    FuriousOne wrote: »

I know a lot of black folks that didn't trust Obama and don't think he's black enough. These are usually your revolutionary types that think they could do better. In all seriousness, black folks were for Hillary in the first election. Obama has proven himself to at least be sane, so why wouldn't black folks go with someone that is blowing racist dog whistles.

hmm interesting see i live up in the northeast which always is blue so I haven't seen that many people like that. Some want him to do more for black folk but they still vote for him other republicians or indipendents.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they almost have gotten us, but if Ryan was running and had more intelligence and was not about controlling, he could have gotten pretty much a lot of the 39% of white people votes.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Yeah, they almost have gotten us, but if Ryan was running and had more intelligence and was not about controlling, he could have gotten pretty much a lot of the 39% of white people votes.

? if they had marco rubio as VP that ? would have prolly went to romney rubio
    Sion. wrote: »
    I don't know but I think it's gonna be based on taxes and immigration. Assuming the U.S. gets back to stability, corporations & the wealthy are probably going to want to see lower taxes (which isn't a bad thing if the economy is prosperous). I wouldn't be surprised if we got a republican president in 2016, they took the house (I get it mixed up with the senate LOLOL so correct me if I'm wrong) and they almost won the election this year. If they had a candidate with more liberal sensibilities and a more unified party, toned down the ignorance and had a younger looking guy with star appeal ? they could've beaten Obama....

Let's wait and see what happens. I hope a latino gets next.

no offense to latinos but i hope we get some people of any race that isn't a puppet of either party. i could care less if a politician is white black blue green etc but most of them are acting like gang members the way everything they do revolves around their party condesending agenda. we need more politicians that will work together and come up with solutions not rhetoric just to get votes.

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    2016 will be a male, without getting a second term, then a female will be elected.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    note: Bush was president a massive FOUR YEARS AGO
    Democrats are going to win Texas because of HDTV? this is a top-ten insane theory i have heard today
    I know a lot of black folks that didn't trust Obama and don't think he's black enough.
    how many is "a lot"
    In all seriousness, black folks were for Hillary in the first election.
    in all seriousness, no, they were not. okay, there may have been times when she had some support of note, but i think you find he pulled the lion's share of black voters in that primary.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Covet a man usually does have to come in and save your ? .

With everything from defense from spiders and mice in the house to defense from your mates beating you. All the way to passing legislation to get women the vote it's been men who have done qwhat you females simply cant.

Think for yourselves. YOU'RE WELCOME.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Covet wrote: »
    I used to believe that a white woman would be voted in before Obama, but unlike a lot of the feminists I was talking to at the time, I wasn't ever for Hillary and voted for Obama in the primaries. I just felt like he could make that change.

To be honest I don't give a flying ? if my president has a ? . I care if they have feminist ideas that they're willing to enforce, just like Obama, which was why he got so much support by feminists during his first term.

1st%20Feminist.bmp

A lot of the feminists took exception to this because they didn't felt Ms. was implying a man had to come and save our ? .

For most feminists, I dunno about women who don't consider themselves so, it's about issues, not about gender. So while the party might think it's about gender (see: Palin), no feminist is going to vote for someone who doesn't live up to the correct ideas of what a liberal feminist is. I don't really believe people can be feminist and conservative at the same time.... It's a right-wing theory... Most women I know believe this, and this is what made the whole Palin thing so amazingly awful.

Also let me add Texas' dem votes are going up, so it's very possible if people aren't too lackadaisical about voting that it will turn blue.. Texas used to be a blue state about fifty years ago.

Anyway, I got attacked by some redneck in the 2008 election because I was feminist and I wasn't voting for a ? . A lot of people don't get it. While a female president would be awesome, I want the best person to be there.

The issue with the idea of being feminist is the misconception that it means women wanting to take over the entire world. However the fight of a feminist is simply for equality. It doesn't mean feminist want a women president just cause they want a women to be president. They just want a non bias shot for the job. But like you said you want the best person for the job regardless of gender.

And your're right Texas keeps getting closer and closer to being blue. Hell If you take the area around san antonio and made it a seperate state it might of been a blue state in theory due to changing population and the sub culture of liberals in that area.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all depends on the Republican response to this election. So far I've seen shades of doubling down, of finding a MORE conservative candidate.

Problem with that is, the further right the Republicans go, the further right Democrats will go and that will create a boatload of issues down the pipe.

The only hope is that Republicans get shot down during the midterms as well. If that happens then they will know for sure that they have gone too far right with their agendas and will offer more moderates and have a better chance of winning the 2016 presidential election.

As it stands right now, the Republican party is in trouble. They must stop being radicals, but Rush n' 'nem won't let that happen. Maybe once the Democrats ? off enough people the Republicans will be able to recruit some decent, open-minded candidates.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Topps wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

? if they had marco rubio as VP that ? would have prolly went to romney rubio
    Sion. wrote: »
    I don't know but I think it's gonna be based on taxes and immigration. Assuming the U.S. gets back to stability, corporations & the wealthy are probably going to want to see lower taxes (which isn't a bad thing if the economy is prosperous). I wouldn't be surprised if we got a republican president in 2016, they took the house (I get it mixed up with the senate LOLOL so correct me if I'm wrong) and they almost won the election this year. If they had a candidate with more liberal sensibilities and a more unified party, toned down the ignorance and had a younger looking guy with star appeal ? they could've beaten Obama....

Let's wait and see what happens. I hope a latino gets next.

no offense to latinos but i hope we get some people of any race that isn't a puppet of either party. i could care less if a politician is white black blue green etc but most of them are acting like gang members the way everything they do revolves around their party condesending agenda. we need more politicians that will work together and come up with solutions not rhetoric just to get votes.

No

Romney, McCain or any other Republican would've lost because of the whole republican party are still suffering from the representation of the Bush Era. People don't want any republicans in office right now. Don't believe the media hype when they said the presidential race was going to be close. Republicans wasn't going to win the White House in a decade no matter who was running. It called the Bush effect.

Also, If race was a factor than why blacks don't support Herman Cain, Michael Steele, Allen West, Clarence Thomas, etc.

Blacks vote Democrat over race.

One of the main reasons bush won battleground states like florida was because of how his party prepared him to pretend to act during the spanish interviews and apperances. Bush got more latinos to vote for him compared to mccain or romney. Bush's campaign understood the importance of appealing to latinos.

When it comes to the black conservatives like cain and steele they still stand behind blatant racism and hate from their party. If their party overall toned down their old 1950's way of ignorant thinking ala comments about blah people i mean black people then that could change.

The consevervative message is the easier sell to all of america regardless of race. "We wont tax you more and we wont give as much of your money to people who don't earn it." The issue is post civil war when at the time the republicans freed the slaves the the south was full of liberal racists the tides turned and republicans began to infuse racist undertones and attract those who hated minority poverty. Hell they even got poor white people to hate minority poverty.

As more and more african americans advance up the tax bracket and forward into society the easier it could get to get more black people to be conservative. ? when a black athlete/rapper/entreprenuer sees how many taxes are taken out they check they start thinking about that ? in a different way. My point is while it might not be automatic things could change because the times they are a changing. A republican might not get much of the minority vote next election but things could change next election just enough to make a difference.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    jono wrote: »
    It all depends on the Republican response to this election. So far I've seen shades of doubling down, of finding a MORE conservative candidate.

Problem with that is, the further right the Republicans go, the further right Democrats will go and that will create a boatload of issues down the pipe.

The only hope is that Republicans get shot down during the midterms as well. If that happens then they will know for sure that they have gone too far right with their agendas and will offer more moderates and have a better chance of winning the 2016 presidential election.

As it stands right now, the Republican party is in trouble. They must stop being radicals, but Rush n' 'nem won't let that happen. Maybe once the Democrats ? off enough people the Republicans will be able to recruit some decent, open-minded candidates.

The biggest downfall would be not only going to far to the right but going to far from the truth.

For example the conservatives said: Tax breaks = clear cut job creation

This was false tax breaks dont automatically make wealthy private corporations want to creat more jobs just as de regulation doesn't make a company want to be more honest and not cheat the system.

Their campaign was based on lies to scare americans versus coming up with practical solutions to fix america. The ideas of being liberal and or conservative both have their own ways in a perfect world to fix our country's problems. The issue was the republican party's plan and romney's plan had no clear facts and detailed solutions that could be taken seriously.

The midterms will be interesting though

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Covet wrote: »
    Also let me add Texas' dem votes are going up, so it's very possible if people aren't too lackadaisical about voting that it will turn blue.. Texas used to be a blue state about fifty years ago.
    i am not sure it was blue 50 years ago for the reasons that you are implying
    Hell If you take the area around san antonio and made it a seperate state it might of been a blue state in theory due to changing population and the sub culture of liberals in that area.
    you can do this with any state, however
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if michelle obama runs its a wrap... she gettin da black and woman vote off rip...
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if michelle obama runs its a wrap... she gettin da black and woman vote off rip...

Any one who's a democrat will get the black vote.