Fat Rush Limbaugh’s Advice to Republicans: Stay White

Options
ImTheKangRoundHere
ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
racist-rush-limbaugh.jpg

After President Obama’s reelection, numbers crunchers came to one unanimous conclusion – the numbers just weren’t there for Romney.

The country is becoming less white, and in order to win presidential elections, Republicans need to reach out to black and brown people. Most striking of all is that Democrats have won the popular vote in 5 out of 6 of the last presidential elections.

So you would think Republican pundits would be putting their heads together, trying to find common ground with blacks and Latinos in order to extend their reach. And although a few Republicans are taking that approach, gasbag Rush Limbaugh is encouraging Republicans to stay white.

“Everybody says that we need to reach out to minorities. We have plenty of highly achieved minorities in our party, and they are in prominent positions. And they all have a common story. They all came from nothing. Their parents came from nothing. They worked hard. Told those stories with great pride. Evoked tears, and didn’t work. And don’t tell me that people didn’t watch the convention, didn’t see it. There’s a reason it doesn’t work.”

In essence, Limbaugh is telling Republicans that the party has enough minorities, and doesn’t need to reach out for more. But if that were true, Romney would’ve peeled off more Latino votes on election day.

Truth is, Rush Limbaugh gets paid to rile up white anger. If the far right stops being prejudiced against blacks and Latinos, then he’s out of work, so this really has more to do with Limbaugh’s multi-million dollar contract than offering honest advice.

http://www.yourblackworld.net/2012/11/black-news/rush-limbaughs-advice-to-republicans-stay-white/

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its in Rush's best interest for the Dems to keep winning, his ratings are never higher than when a Dem is in office.. He's (and Faux News, Hannity, Beck, et al) the Dem's biggest weapon against the Republicans.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's making millions of dollars to bash dems and say racist ?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm actually enjoying this lil civil war within the Conservative/ Republican establishment

funny because a couple of them predicted this was likely to happened if Obama won re-election

just today Rush put Steve Schmidt on blast for saying it was guys like him,Sean Hannity,Ann Coulter,Glenn Beck etc
    that are driving alot of people causing them elections

Steve Schmidt
    Meet the Press Panel Blames Romney Loss on Limbaugh and ‘Loons and Wackos’ of Conservative Base

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2012/11/11/meet-press-panel-blames-romney-loss-limbaugh-and-loons-and-wackos-conse

Sunday’s Meet the Press featured a panel of five, none of them conservative (Congressman-elect Joaquín Castro, Republican strategist Steve Schmidt, author Doris Kearns Goodwin, the Washington Post’s Bob Woodward and NBC’s Chuck Todd), to assess why Mitt Romney lost and “the future of the GOP.” And they agreed conservatives are the problem.

Todd, NBC’s political director, decided the GOP has become “a coalition of special interest forces” and fretted “the leaders in Washington can’t control the special interest groups” as Republicans, like Democrats in the past, “succumbed to their base.”

In an obvious allusion to Rush Limbaugh, a clip of whom host David Gregory had played earlier, Schmidt snarled: “Our elected leaders are scared to death of the conservative entertainment complex, the shrill and divisive voices that are bombastic and broadcasting out into the homes.”

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Fat Rush Limbaugh
    first off, doesn't the "fat" part go without saying when you mention Rush Limbaugh?
    a.mann wrote: »
    I'm actually enjoying this lil civil war within the Conservative/ Republican establishment
    and this has actually been going on for some years now: it was an issue in 2010 with Tea Party Senate candidates costing them seats, it was an issue in 2008 when McCain was the nominee, etc, etc
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish the populous would come to understand that Rush, Beck, Hannity etc are only entertainers and don't have a clear handle on politics, government function(s), or history.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I wish the populous would come to understand that Rush, Beck, Hannity etc are only entertainers and don't have a clear handle on politics, government function(s), or history.
    if they say what you want to hear (and this goes both ways, but your short list there seems to be most vocal/profitable), then there's no reason to think critically about them, i suppose

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dislike Limbaugh as much as anything, but I don't think his statement means what they are implying. It doesn't seem like he was saying that the party should stay white. He's saying Republican don't need to do anything special to reach out to minorities. He points out that they do have minority members and even paraded them around at the convention to try and connect to those demographics and it didn't work.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Double chin Rush rambles waving his hands and neck like Adolph ?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    jono wrote: »

i feel what you saying,which true
    but collective they have the ears of over 50 million plus people daily
    it'll be very naive not to at least acknowledge their influence over political affairs in this country
    at least in the right wing/conservative establishment

which was completely rejected in the election (thank ? )

but still they do have sway, as a day after the election Limbaugh refers to Obama as Santa Clause, and now look how many on the Right (including Mitt Romney) have ran with the whole "giving free gifts" rhetoric
    that's no mere coincidence
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.