What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

New Super Mario Bros U and Nintendo Land Reviews

focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype.Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
New Super Mario Bros. U - 9.1 - AMAZING

It’s difficult to find freshness or brilliance in a 2D landscape. Mario’s world is now three decades old. That would seem to suggest new territory is scarce, and in some ways the formulaic New Mario series had come to reinforce that fear. But New Super Mario Bros. U demonstrates there’s not just life left in this type of game, but that it can be modern and nostalgic at the same time.

Nintendo’s approach here strikes a great balance in all areas, ranging from its difficulty to design to enemies and bosses. And for everything the basic Story Mode does right – and that’s a considerable amount – the Challenge Mode will be remembered as a key moment in the life of the New Mario series, where Nintendo realized it didn’t have to sacrifice the core gamer’s experience at the expense of a more casual audience. This is how Mario can and will appeal to everyone.

+Excellent design
+Brilliant Challenge Mode
+Retro, yet fresh
+Great difficulty balance
– Satisfactory visuals, audio

Nintendo Land - 8.7 - GREAT

Nintendo Land is a brilliant show of what Nintendo’s new console and tablet controller are capable of, and has far more depth and content then you’d expect from a mini-game collection. The attractions are ridiculously fun and offer plenty of variety, whether you’re flying solo or entertaining a group. Throw in high scores to best, gold trophies to earn, stamp achievements to collect and tons of Plaza decorations to unlock, and what you’ve got is an experience that must not be missed, and probably the best show of Wii U available at launch.

+Fun alone or with friends
+Lots of variety and content
+Great introduction to Wii U
– Grandma might not understand

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/15/new-super-mario-bros-u-review?abthid=50a543d6805e433640000011
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/15/nintendo-land-review

Replies

• SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,643 Regulator
    No surprise here.... Nintendo always gets high ratings on it's games especially when Mario features in em LOLOL. I still think the Wii U will be lukewarm at it's release compared to the Wii, but I'm sure it'll crush Sony & Microsoft in console sales. Aint no way around that.... people always gonna gravitate to the new.

I just want to know if Brawl is gonna finally be playable online the way it was suppose to on the Wii U......
    IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    unspoken_respectWild SelfLUClEN
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Sion. wrote: »
    I still think the Wii U will be lukewarm at it's release compared to the Wii

Wii U should launch even better than the Wii did.
    Wii U pre-ordered more than original Wii
    By John Kinsley
    ON NOVEMBER 12TH, 2012 IN FEATURED, NEWS

When Wii U pre-orders opened in September, the console sold out less than a week later. Nintendo was rumored to have allocated as many as 400,000 units for pre-orders in North America, and those consoles have been sold out for weeks now. GameStop’s waiting list for a Wii U has surpassed 250,000 gamers, Nintendo revealed last month.
    The biggest game retailer in the world, GameStop, announced last month that Wii U pre-orders were “off the charts“. In the UK, game retailer GAME said that pre-orders were “exceeding expectations“. And it certainly appears so, as there is no pre-order inventory anywhere.

But how does the current pre-order success compare to the original Wii, which is the best selling home console in Nintendo’s history? Wii U Daily spoke to half a dozen game retailers across California, some independent establishments and some which were part of larger chains. Every single one of them reported that the Wii U currently has more pre-orders than the original Wii back in 2006.

One retailer in Los Angeles told us that Wii U pre-orders are about 3:1 compared to the Wii, while others are seeing anywhere from 50 to 100 percent increase in pre-orders for the new console compared to the old. This isn’t that big of a surprise, actually, since the Wii was a new phenomenon back in 2006. Today, “Wii” is an established brand, and its easy to see the Wii U attract more pre-orders than the original console.

When the Wii launched back in 2006, it was sold out for many months to come. If the Wii U is already getting more pre-orders, we’re likely to see shortages and sell outs once it hits the stores. Analyst Michael Pachter recently said that he too believes the Wii U will sell out until next year, despite Nintendo manufacturing “1 million Wii U consoles per month”.

Nintendo is rumored to allocate 1.5 million Wii U consoles for North America in 2012, while shortages are expected in the UK. According to Nintendo, the UK Wii U supplies will be “tight”, with as few as 25,000 consoles available on launch day.

The Wii U launches on November 18 in North America in two flavors: a $299 Basic set, and a $349 Deluxe set with a few accessories and a copy of Nintendo Land.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/11/wii-u-pre-ordered-more-than-wii/

SionLUClEN
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 45,643 Regulator
    focus wrote: »

By John Kinsley

When Wii U pre-orders opened in September, the console sold out less than a week later. Nintendo was rumored to have allocated as many as 400,000 units for pre-orders in North America, and those consoles have been sold out for weeks now. GameStop’s waiting list for a Wii U has surpassed 250,000 gamers, Nintendo revealed last month.
    The biggest game retailer in the world, GameStop, announced last month that Wii U pre-orders were “off the charts“. In the UK, game retailer GAME said that pre-orders were “exceeding expectations“. And it certainly appears so, as there is no pre-order inventory anywhere.

But how does the current pre-order success compare to the original Wii, which is the best selling home console in Nintendo’s history? Wii U Daily spoke to half a dozen game retailers across California, some independent establishments and some which were part of larger chains. Every single one of them reported that the Wii U currently has more pre-orders than the original Wii back in 2006.

One retailer in Los Angeles told us that Wii U pre-orders are about 3:1 compared to the Wii, while others are seeing anywhere from 50 to 100 percent increase in pre-orders for the new console compared to the old. This isn’t that big of a surprise, actually, since the Wii was a new phenomenon back in 2006. Today, “Wii” is an established brand, and its easy to see the Wii U attract more pre-orders than the original console.

When the Wii launched back in 2006, it was sold out for many months to come. If the Wii U is already getting more pre-orders, we’re likely to see shortages and sell outs once it hits the stores. Analyst Michael Pachter recently said that he too believes the Wii U will sell out until next year, despite Nintendo manufacturing “1 million Wii U consoles per month”.

Nintendo is rumored to allocate 1.5 million Wii U consoles for North America in 2012, while shortages are expected in the UK. According to Nintendo, the UK Wii U supplies will be “tight”, with as few as 25,000 consoles available on launch day.

The Wii U launches on November 18 in North America in two flavors: a $299 Basic set, and a $349 Deluxe set with a few accessories and a copy of Nintendo Land.

*rubs hands together*

Hehe... if this shit works out well.... bwahahaha

This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nintendo Land looks like fun...When I have to hoes over I can bang them at it..then just bang them
    focusLUClEN
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KillaCham wrote: »
    No real man will ever purchase a Nintendo Wii U

LOL. Says the Nicki Minaj stan.

bitch
    Michael_MalicefunkdocdamcLou_Cypher
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wii U will be under the tree for Xmas.
    Sionjoshuaboyunspoken_respectLUClENKINGOFDAARCADE
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaPosts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wii U getting got. That is all.
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

focus
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my doubts at first, but after actually holding one and seeing the demo vids, oh yes. I shall be getting one. Is it too late to purchase Nintendo stock??
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
    focus
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've checked Toys R Us, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and GameStop, absolutely no Wii U's left and most the games are nearly sold out.
    SionLUClEN
    edited November 2012
    darkone360 wrote: »
    I had my doubts at first, but after actually holding one and seeing the demo vids, oh yes. I shall be getting one. Is it too late to purchase Nintendo stock??

Nope it aint too late - the price is right but I think you might want to wait a bit, I don't think Nintendo will report a good 2012 and Q1 2013 I think is gonna be tough on sales b/c Asia slowed down and Europe is in recession (Nintendo is worldwide but those are HUGE markets for them), as a result, the stock may take a hit. Also Nintendo's new business model with this is not something I agree with - they're selling the hardware at a loss in order to capitalize off the user from the software & online and it isn't sustainable, they'll make money off it but keep that in mind. However this is the first time in 30 years Nintendo's stock has been this cheap. If you plan to buy and hold it for a long time you WILL make money on it.

Additional info - the reason WHY Nintendo is sitting on mounds and mounds of cash on their balance sheet and currently have NO debt is b/c I think they're anticipating that this may not be as successful (not as a brand but as an investment) so I think they're holding massive amounts of cash to offset potential losses and to invest more into the software and brand to enhance profits. It's good news that mgmt is being that cautious but as an investor I'd recommend looking to hold for the long term cuz it may be a bumpy ride.

I will admit the Wii U is pretty cool but I don't think I'll buy one until a new Smash Bros, Mario or Zelda joint drops. I don't like Nintendo Land or Zombii-U at all. I love Nintendo but I'm still an older gamer at the end of the day. Lately tho the stock has been climbing quite nicely so I'm happy to hear it's sold out everywhere.... B-)

VIBE
  • Recaptimus_Prime360Recaptimus_Prime360 Earned my Masters and Ph.d in Phat Booty-ology Posts: 64,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah if they can get 3rd party support, then the wii u will be a hit. The wii was a wonderful concept, but c'mon. No good games. No 3rd party support. Those 2 alone was its demise. That's why I was hesitant on gettin the wii u. B/c IF I do decide to get it, I don't wanna get burnt like i did the wii.

And yes the 2d Mario is fun, but they need to get back to the platform format like Mario64 and Mario Galaxy.
    AGSN: OUR MOVEMENT STILL CONTINUES.
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mate they need to sort out the two player gamepad issue...as far as I kno', playin' with two gamepads isn't on the cards at the moment
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably because there's no games that require it just yet. I'm sure they'll come.
    61JbxfhIQ%2BL._SS500_.jpg
    VIBE
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

By John Kinsley

*rubs hands together*

lol you got shares of Nintendo b?
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
    Sion
  • LUClENLUClEN Absence makes the heart grow fonder of someone else Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh just realized my question was already answered
    The rapper from linkin park would body the dudes in the xxxtentacion cypher
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,917 Regulator

By John Kinsley

*rubs hands together*

tumblr_ltqmf43N581qkx6n4.gif