SMDH

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do mods have the power to limit an account posting privileges to just posting images and not text?
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot this thread was about Moreno's relationship...
    alie?!
    we went form me, feminism to religion to hiphop to zee/loca beef lawd

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@arguing about who's city is more dangerous... progressive feminist ? ...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    So this dunce is now defending Chief Keef?

Why are your panties wrapped up so tight? Where did I say I was defending Chief Keef? That ? is ignorant and a waste of sperm. But I don't doubt for one second how authentic he is in his fuckery, even though I disagree with his ? .

However, a ? ton of NY emcees I meet act like it's '93 when they live in one of the safest cities in the world and rap about being on the block when their reality is nowhere near close to that.

idk about NYC being one of safest cities in the world but just because Manhattan is gentrified doesn't mean the rest of the city is safe and white. Chicago got all the attention this year but Brooklyn had a hot summer as well.

and what rappers are you refering to specifically

@AmbitiousOne whats with the reaction? its true
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot this thread was about Moreno's relationship...
    alie?!
    we went form me, feminism to religion to hiphop to zee/loca beef lawd

Yep. Now it's about NY/Chicago.. hope you solve ya relationship issues though..
  • BabyBugatti
    Options
    lol@arguing about who's city is more dangerous... progressive feminist ? ...

Some of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen online circled around how many crimes happen in a person's city compared to the person they are beefing with.
    *cough* like these ? do when they try to beef or 'ether' uk posters *cough*cough* ? ass ? *cough*

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The idea of a woman performing auto-? arouses me
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    fake dudes r fake regardless of their city of origin... u lost for listening to that ? anyway...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Damn shame when you have to seek relationship assistance across the Atlantic ocean.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lady_Zee wrote: »
    Thread is far too predictable, lol.
    Loca in here, who majors in woman studies, struggling to win yet another debate on feminism, hilarious.

And here come Lucky Charms once again, hanging on the ? of Black men, trying to show them how down you are by coming at a Black woman.

Kat already fills out the cool white ? role. We don't need any more pretenders.

Lol, Big Loca mad because I was stating a fact.
    You're defensive as ? because you're an idiot that's majoring in an easy subject and still can't debate about it, pathetic really. Sure you can quote me on this and make me eat my words when you're making millions from being a professional feminist... oh wait, LOL.

That ? that makes ya soul burn slow.
  • BabyBugatti
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Damn shame when you have to seek relationship assistance across the Atlantic ocean.
    man, just SHUT THE ? UP, throwing shots all up and thru my thread? seriously get off my ? , im not enjoying this young man/lady whatever you are
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    again Loca is talking ? ... smh...
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    So this dunce is now defending Chief Keef?

Why are your panties wrapped up so tight? Where did I say I was defending Chief Keef? That ? is ignorant and a waste of sperm. But I don't doubt for one second how authentic he is in his fuckery, even though I disagree with his ? .

However, a ? ton of NY emcees I meet act like it's '93 when they live in one of the safest cities in the world and rap about being on the block when their reality is nowhere near close to that.

idk about NYC being one of safest cities in the world but just because Manhattan is gentrified doesn't mean the rest of the city is safe and white. Chicago got all the attention this year but Brooklyn had a hot summer as well.

and what rappers are you refering to specifically

@AmbitiousOne whats with the reaction? its true

It's not as bad as it was the 70s, though. New York has a relatively low crime rate in comparison to other cities, which is excellent. It's dubbed as the "safest big city" in the country. I'm thinking about moving there because I appreciate the arts scene and they have job opportunities in my field.

Talking about some up and coming cats that I know about whose came here to Chicago. They were glamorizing drug dealing and how hard it was growing up in NY, but lived in a low crime neighborhood. Again, that's not specific to NY, I just don't understand trying to live up to a dangerous legacy when that era is over.

lol at trying to tell ppl Williamsburg is poppin like that. anyway, it all depends on the neighborhood. I mean the Bronx is the Bronx. every borough got hoods.
  • Meta_Conscious
    edited November 2012
    Options
    not sure why u think I'm being hostile... anyway, we can meet up and settle this ? with guns bruh...
  • LUClEN
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ebony fists himself
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Loca in here, who majors in woman studies, struggling to win yet another debate on feminism, hilarious.

And here come Lucky Charms once again, hanging on the ? of Black men, trying to show them how down you are by coming at a Black woman.

You're defensive as ? because you're an idiot that's majoring in an easy subject and still can't debate about it, pathetic really. Sure you can quote me on this and make me eat my words when you're making millions from being a professional feminist... oh wait, LOL.

Angela Davis, Alice Walker, Frida Kahlo, Abigail Adams, Gloria Steinem, bell hooks, Cherrie Moraga, Virginia Woolf--all famous feminists who made a powerful impact on the media, art, international pop culture and politics.

Remind me of the so called achievements you've made to that caliber, and then your opinion can be taken seriously.

I had to read a bell hooks review of Do The Right Thing for this Urban Culture class that I easily aced and it might have been the most ridiculous body of text I've read in my life.

I'm still in school. We can do a comparison of the aggregate earnings of people in my field vs. yours and it won't be close.

Good luck though.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not even trying to throw shade, but I think we should let @lilloca and @sixsicksins have all the responsibilities of a man(a real man not a rolling stone dead beat drunkard) and give them a peer review at the end of the month. Then we'll find out how much they like the idea of being equal on everything. There's a reason why men age much worse than women do, something called stress.

We have just as much stress. And, of course, on an individual basis either man or woman may have more or less...but in general I'd say it is even.

You bring up an interesting topic. There was a neat show being documented called "The Week the Women Left" or something like that. The men were left to do everything that comprises a typical female gender role. It was interesting indeed. Most men wouldn't partake in such a study though because of their fragile egos. But to imply we don't have stress or even that we have less in general is absurd.

My mama taught me how to cook, sew, and all that other good ? when I was a kid. She always told me to never wait for a woman to do it because in her own words 'you can't depend on a woman to do for you because once they feel like they have to do too much, even if it's a little she'll up and leave.'

From my experiences she was right too.

Your mother's a wise woman.
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Angela Davis, Alice Walker, Frida Kahlo, Abigail Adams, Gloria Steinem, bell hooks, Cherrie Moraga, Virginia Woolf--all famous feminists who made a powerful impact on the media, art, international pop culture and politics.

Remind me of the so called achievements you've made to that caliber, and then your opinion can be taken seriously.

I had to read a bell hooks review of Do The Right Thing for this Urban Culture class that I easily aced and it might have been the most ridiculous body of text I've read in my life.

I'm still in school. We can do a comparison of the aggregate earnings of people in my field vs. yours and it won't be close.

Good luck though.

So basically, you've done nothing. Achievements are not just monetary earnings. They are also about cultural impact. Like it or not, bell hooks and all the other women I've listed have made a significant cultural change on the way people look at things, thinking critically, challenging the social order, and have basically done more in a lifetime than you will do.

I'm not shallow. I don't give a ? about how much money you earn in your field if it's not helping anyone make society better. Our focuses are very different.

You right. I'm not gonna hate on your major.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ETHER @ thread title change lol
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DEAD @ title change!!
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    honsetly, the ? type of name is Ebony fists? isn't he the same dude with the pink camera?
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    hey i gave good advice too, but that was long before the fuckery ensued

LMAO...
    MissK wrote: »
    DEAD @ title change!!

• Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Feelings have been caught.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    lol @ this title change

Honestly bak

if you solution has never been to look in yourself
    how is it that you'd expect to find it anywhere else?
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    honsetly, the ? type of name is Ebony fists? isn't he the same dude with the pink camera?

Yes.. the homie King Drew/Superstar Cole..
This discussion has been closed.