18910111214»

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u actually wanted ur name to be "Ebony Fists" ??
  • Copper
    Options
    keep smaging doe bak...see if u can make it to 10 dudes by 2013
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »
    hey i gave good advice too, but that was long before the fuckery ensued
    true im sowwy
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    lol @ this title change

Honestly bak

if you solution has never been to look in yourself
    how is it that you'd expect to find it anywhere else?
    REAL TAWKmayne thats some real isj
  • Copper
    Options
    it was a toss up between that and ebony feet
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inb4 @ms s locks this thread 12 hours too late
  • BabyBugatti
    edited November 2012
    Options
    hes ebony (nh wtf kinda man say ebony like we in some ? book or something ? eww) and likes fists in his batty bumbum nh :(
  • BabyBugatti
    edited November 2012
    Options
    thats right you wack me, 50 shades of ? grey ass ?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol@taking this thread seriously...
    Foh...
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My favorite song by Rick the Ruler...
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey Young World is my second favorite...
  • BabyBugatti
    Options
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Lady_Zee wrote: »
    Lady_Zee wrote: »
    Thread is far too predictable, lol.
    Loca in here, who majors in woman studies, struggling to win yet another debate on feminism, hilarious.

And here come Lucky Charms once again, hanging on the ? of Black men, trying to show them how down you are by coming at a Black woman.

Kat already fills out the cool white ? role. We don't need any more pretenders.

Lol, Big Loca mad because I was stating a fact.
    You're defensive as ? because you're an idiot that's majoring in an easy subject and still can't debate about it, pathetic really. Sure you can quote me on this and make me eat my words when you're making millions from being a professional feminist... oh wait, LOL.

Only an uneducated ? would think that gender/women's studies is an "easy" subject. It's a discipline that intersects with racial inequality, politics, economics, international relations, and humanities.

How much student loan debt do you have?

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how'd this go 19 pages?
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    So besides sexual liberation which does nothing for children and it actually risky due to STD's, what does matriarchy promote that can build a society that can not get trampled over from another society. Under patriarchy we had inventions, industrial breakthroughs, scientific breakthroughs etc I have no doubt that women possess the same capabilities in fact a woman invented the synthesis of creating petroleum. Anyway I feel that there is good or bad to patriarchy or matriarchy based on the underlying factor that they are people based and as we all know through interacting with people, that people are terribly flawed.

Under patriarchy, you have war, destructive capitalism, racial hierarchies, classism, slavery, environmental degradation and other forms of oppression.

It's basically a system of ? and ? people over.

As for the alternatives that matriarchy could provide, I couldn't tell you, since there are no recorded unambiguous matriarchies on record. I'm just talking about how I think people could learn from the time when we had Goddess religions that promoted acceptance and respecting humanity.

Why you would think patriarchy is productive and better for the world, I have no idea.

There actually are some matriarchal societies that do exist, they have been studied and recorded...all the ? you're talking about happens due to patriarchy is simply attempts to maintain power. You think women in power wouldn't fight just as hard to maintain their position? A person in power is going to have their position challenged...you think simply being in a matriarchal society will prevent that? Or lessen the things a person will go through to get that power? Women now already can't work together at ? Macy's w/o tearing each other's head off over who sells the most perfume a month...

This is how I know you don't do your research. Most anthropologists agree that there are no known unambiguous matriarchies recorded. The only "matriarchy" that has been recorded was in the Iroquois tribe where mothers exercised central political roles.

However, women centered societies, as opposed to matriarchies, are largely egalitarian, as discovered by researchers, as opposed to patriarchy.

And if women "can't" work together, as you exaggeratedly make it seem, it's because living in a sexist society puts women directly in competition with each other. Again, that's basically an essential feature of patriarchy--the social order wants women to be hostile and show animosity towards each other instead of unity. Women are more likely to want to please men and gain their approval.

Lmao @ I don't do my research...my job is to do research and seeing as how I actually see and know how to apply these sociological concepts you often spout off in your posts to the real world as opposed to having just read them in some Bell Hooks article. Again you say you're arguing for an equal society but all you're doing is arguing for a 180 to be done. If you weren't you wouldn't be advocating ? like goddess worship or anything that would, even perception wise, put one gender over the other. You'd be advocating for a religious structure where the deity has no defined gender, only morals and characteristics for it's followers to emulate.

This competition you speak of in society men deal with it every day on nearly every level from jobs, to education, to even pursuing, getting, and keeping your spouse. So if this form of competition is too much for women to handle and turns them against each other, that again furthers women away from being men's equal's because they can't handle it as well as we do. You're a terrible advocate for feminism, all you're doing is giving people more arguments as to why women shouldn't be held to equal standing in society. Competition is a feature of society EVERYWHERE not just in a male dominate society. You think by removing patriarchy that will remove the competitive nature of people to do better, want better, and be better than the next person? That's a survival instinct that will never be done away with.

Not really, no. Anthropologists and scholars basically agree that women centered religions and societies were more egalitarian than patriarchies are. They were cooperative, non-hierarchal, and non-violent. There are no records of men being oppressed in these types of societies, as it wasn't a value to lord power over people like there is today.

Newsflash, ? : Competition is a feature of society everywhere because we live in a male dominated world.

There is no evidence to suggest that competition is a survival instinct. Prior to patriarchy, people lived in egalitarian societies were cooperation and community were of primary importance.

The reason you and other people prize being competitive is because the social order for the last few thousand years basically instilled it as a value through socialization.

You don't seriously believe that being competitive is just a man thing do you? Listening to you the world would be a paradise under matriarchy smh
This discussion has been closed.