Ever been to a House Party? Share Your Experience!

Options
Little JJ
Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Growing Pains
Heres the background story...

As most of you know im an ATL promoter. Well this week I got into an argument with the other promoters on my Saturday night club event over money. Basically I felt that I deserved a larger % of the door of the club. So to prove that I deserve this larger percentage they challenged me to throw a house party on Saturday Night that does better than the club(Obsessions).

So basically Im throwing a huge ATLANTA Project-X House Party Tomorrow and I'm inviting the whole city! If you wanna come just private message me and I'll send you the address and all the details.

Im trying to make this House Party super crazy and epic because I gotta prove myself, my money and my ego is on the line.

So please give me any tips/ideas for this House Party to help make it extra fun/crazy! Also please share some of your prior House Party experiences and tell me what you liked or disliked!

Comments

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Somebody always gets shot.

Oh - and have the worldstar cameramen ready.
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    House partys are woat b..didnt you see any of the movies?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Nothing to tell, really.

Been to a couple, some were boring as ? and were glorified get togethers(no thats not a ? party)

It is a good place to scoop bishes that r bored with the lames there though. Just come through fashionably late, know the host/homeowner so u can walk through dap that ? up(hugz if its a bish >:D<) and get introduced to his/her single good looking female friends. The host always know ERRbody.

As the promoter and assuming this is a college party, I guess u could invite errbody from the frat boys to the ? , keep the music somewhat genre independent(but still mainly hip-hop) and leak a rumor that Future or whoever is buzzing in the A! might come through :-??

EDIT
    Oh yeah drugz and lots of alcohol
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who the ? hasen't been to a house party?

On a side note I learned never to host them the hard way
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »

Bruh. WOAT experience when I hosted my first one. No Im not tellin what happened. Lets just say the ? ended in tragedy smh
  • LUClEN
    Options

Bruh. WOAT experience when I hosted my first one. No Im not tellin what happened. Lets just say the ? ended in tragedy smh

Same ? on my end. When my fam came back I got my ass whooped.

Luckily i didnt have to deal with the cops though.
  • Little JJ
    Options

Im trying to bring at least 1500 people to this House Party though and we have no worries in terms of parents...

Just worried about the POLICE!
  • Little JJ
    Options
    House partys are woat b..didnt you see any of the movies?

They are GOAT, and ive seen the movies!
  • Little JJ
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    Somebody always gets shot.

Oh - and have the worldstar cameramen ready.

I did a house party back in like...march? And a Clark Atlanta girl got shot outside....hopefully nothing bad happens this time around.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Little JJ wrote: »

Im trying to bring at least 1500 people to this House Party though and we have no worries in terms of parents...

That's alright if you don't have to worry about the rents
    niqqas was brawling and ? my house up at my first house partyy

plus some idiot spilled ? water all over the place. Took days for the weed smell to really come out of the fabrics and ? .

I'm not sure how well this works, but friends of mine say if you warn neighbours ahead of time that you will be having a party they tend to be more reluctant to call the police. You might wanna consider that.

Nothing ruins a house party faster than the cops. I know guys that have gotten ? blocked by the police busting a house party.
  • LUClEN
    Options
  • Little JJ
    Options
    Little JJ wrote: »

That's alright if you don't have to worry about the rents
    niqqas was brawling and ? my house up at my first house partyy

plus some idiot spilled ? water all over the place. Took days for the weed smell to really come out of the fabrics and ? .

I'm not sure how well this works, but friends of mine say if you warn neighbours ahead of time that you will be having a party they tend to be more reluctant to call the police. You might wanna consider that.

Nothing ruins a house party faster than the cops. I know guys that have gotten ? blocked by the police busting a house party.

Im trying to make money off this party, so police shutting it down early is a huge financial loss...

We've sucessfully bribed police with money before, but it doesnt always work....I need to make this ? epic bro LOL. My promotional career may depend on it!
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn yo. I haven't hosted a real house party since like 2007. That last one was poppin. I wonder if I still got the flyer for that ? .
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Rofl at this flyer from 2007. I let my home girl design it, I shoulda done it myself. This party was legendary though.

2pq199u.jpg
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    a good amount of my teen years (02-07) consisted heavy on house parties.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    house party much like any party starts and can end with the DJ

assuming the bishes are already in place
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    almost all da house parties i done went to da male to female ratio was horrible lol nd ? could neva control their liquor i'd be my own zone tho so nobody really came sideways at a ?
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Rofl at this flyer from 2007. I let my home girl design it, I shoulda done it myself. This party was legendary though.

2pq199u.jpg

Lmfao at this.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    head to a house party. steal liquor weed women. leave. back to the crib.
    rinse and repeat
  • LUClEN
    Options
    "Don't go to parties with metal detectors

Sure it's safe inside, but what about all them ? waitin outside with guns?
    They know you aint got one"
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been to a couple house parties and some get-togethers that tried to disguise themselves as house parties, but my goat was after homecoming 2010. Man we all got together at my man's house. Everybody was on phones trynna get liquor chicks and everything in that spot. We had people driving all the way from the high school and back to the spot. They came up to me like "Yo Shen we need a black light. Hit up Pathmark and get one."

When I left the ? looked like it was fint' to flop like Ginobli. Soon as I came back with that black light ? was on and poppin. Seen one of my Haitian friends lying down on the dance floor and this thick broad just stood over him and then just start straddling him right there on the dance floor. We had ciroc flowing, all types of ? alcohol in that ? too like pinnacle whipped and whatnot. We was partying it the ? up in that ? fam
  • buttuh_b
    Options
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hosted a house party once and heres my story.

1) I had the sub bumpin but the sound of the sub falling and breaking a glass end table was somehow louder.
    2) Moved the party outside met a girl took her back inside and spent the rest of the night and next morning in my own room.
    3) Woke up still ? and high in the morning to my parents on each side of my bed mid sentence at the words cops outside.
    4) Someone drove someone elses truck all through my neighborhood tearing up yards and signs and the police had questions. I never spoke to them.

All in all it was a pretty good party and I had a great time.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never been to one